Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
From 2017:
I'll tell you what I told Infinitron last year... regardless of your opinions about our games, Obsidian values its relationship with the Codex.
^ Do you guys think this statement is still true?
They still lurk so probably. I do believe there is still a pro-codex faction at Obsidian.
Sadly much smaller on the creative side of the company than before which is the crux of the companys issue.
Of course they do. It's the one place they can get unchecked, brutal honesty.

tenor.gif
We do have Sailor Woedica ,so yeah they do visit here.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

XO19 is worth watching tomorrow if you’re a fan of Xbox Game Studios.

The event will have solid 2020 release dates for XGS games like Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons and Wasteland 3. New IP from Obsidian and Rare. A shadow drop. Plus much more
Well I guess that is confirmation.

The tweet can also be read as if it’s a joint effort.

:troll:

Flou

Arbiter
Klobrille (the guy who knew Obsidian was being acquired by MS before any other outsider did) claims on Resetera that the new Obsidian game will look a bit like Rare games. So cartoonish style?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Klobrille (the guy who knew Obsidian was being acquired by MS before any other outsider did) claims on Resetera that the new Obsidian game will look a bit like Rare games. So cartoonish style?
Dunno about you guys but I'm betting on this being a disaster.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Perfect Dark Protocol.

Seriously, I'm expecting this is a game with multiplayer elements.

(Btw I'm not sure this is news, Kate Dollarhyde removed the reference to an unannounced project in which she is Narrative Lead. Maybe this was the canceled project?)

Duraframe300

Arcane
Perfect Dark Protocol.

(Btw I'm not sure this is news, Kate Dollarhyde removed the reference to an unannounced project in which she is Narrative Lead. Maybe this was the canceled project?)

Do you mean on Linkedin? I don't think she ever called herself that on it. Or do you mean she removed the original tweet?

Duraframe300

Arcane
So, yeah. From reports so far this seems to be a smaller side project. Not the big Microsoft project.
Possibly co-op

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Perfect Dark Protocol.

Do you mean on Linkedin? I don't think she ever called herself that on it. Or do you mean she removed the original tweet?

Linkedin, this:

Kate Dollarhyde has become Narrative Lead on unannounced project: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-dollarhyde-973a8a2b/

March 2019 - Present
Narrative Lead on unannounced project.

September 2018 - March 2019
I'm part of the narrative team for The Outer Worlds. My work includes an RPG writer's greatest hits: crit path, companions, quests, and NPCs.

just

Liturgist
>Kate Dollarhyde
>Narrative Lead
dropped

whens starks getting her romance VN fucking obsidian another game with frigid women and evil men

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Perfect Dark Protocol.

Linkedin, this:

Kate Dollarhyde has become Narrative Lead on unannounced project: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-dollarhyde-973a8a2b/

March 2019 - Present
Narrative Lead on unannounced project.

September 2018 - March 2019
I'm part of the narrative team for The Outer Worlds. My work includes an RPG writer's greatest hits: crit path, companions, quests, and NPCs.

Are they insane? Who would ever put her in charge of anything? She has literally not produced anything of value since she started at Obsidian.

How about she writes one one decent character, storyline or area before they hand her a leading position?

Is this the level they are at now? Holy hell.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
People liked Rekke, didn't they?

But hello, the reason you're talking about this is that LESS T_T noticed that her narrative lead credit was removed.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
People liked Rekke, didn't they?

But hello, the reason you're talking about this is that LESS T_T noticed that her narrative lead credit was removed.

People did? A character with barely any dialogue that relies completely on a mystery box is not a character.

Oh, I mixed up the timeline.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
to this day I still don't understand the point of the sidekicks in PoE 2

That one white haired chick should've be our Cipher instead of Seraphan. She looked way cooler. Idk why they didn't make every dlc to have a extra companion instead of waste cool ideas as a Death Godlike companion , a companion that literaly removed her souls of the wheel and shit like that..

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The narrative leads of Safesidian - Carrie Patel, Megan Starks (apparently not officially, but may as well be), Kate Dollarhyde, an open call for anyone else. Welcome to hell.

Flou

Arbiter
The narrative leads of Safesidian - Carrie Patel, Megan Starks (apparently not officially, but may as well be), Kate Dollarhyde, an open call for anyone else. Welcome to hell.

Plus the yet unknown person they hired as a Lead Narrative Designer. The job posting was recently taken down, so someone must have been hired.
Dollarhyde isn't a Lead writer on bigger projects. She might get the lead title on small project, just like Alex Scokel got one for the Deadfire DLC's. She's not even considered as a senior narrative designer. Patel and Starks are senior narrative designers.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I just wish Avellone gets back together with Obsidian. These writers at Obsidian are good but lighthearted and lukewarm because of their tender female nature.
Obsidian needs someone to write dark, gritty, twisted, hardcore, punch-you-in-the-face sci-fi/fantasy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom