Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian Reveals 'Project Eternity' - Kickstarter Live

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
WHERE IS THE TURN BASED!!! THIS IS A OUTRAGE

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The important question is whether you will be able to enslave nations with necromancy. Or at least terrorize a hamlet with a skeleton hand puppet.

Castanova

Prophet
Haha, that Kickstarter video... it has a real "help feed the children of Africa" kind of vibe to it. Especially that thin dude who says they "can't do it without [our] help."

Still, I put down the $20. I hope they produce something good but I'm not expecting much. Also, April 2014 seems too ambitious.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Going for a classic fantasy setting seems a bit boring, however we don't know anything about it yet. If they manage to create something that would be comparable to what they did in Mask of the Betrayer in terms of atmosphere and writing it will be awesome. If they manage to throw in some half-way decent combat (even if it's RtwP) it will be even better.

GO Obsidian!

Mortmal

Arcane
:takemymoney: of course, i could spam this, i could also spam :bounce: , but that would be immature !

Needless to say i sent money before even watching the video, i am not sure the 10k$ are trolls, i have a friend who sent 5K$ on shadowrun already without an atterthought just because she likes the book, and another who was really tempted to design her own npc for the game.
The fund is raising, really really quickly, like 1K per minute ! I am spreading the word of this game to my vast(by codexer standard) network of friends.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Infinity Engine has been mentioned many times already by Obsidian, and the best thing about IE was that it was 2D (or 2,5D isometric whatever) and it allowed beautiful 2D backgrounds. Josh Sawyer even mentioned "fixed perspective" in the video.

So my question is, will it be 2.5D, or 3D? Has anyone at Obsidian spoken clearly about it ?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bleh.

Not terribly excited for this. It'll be interesting to check out as more screenshots and stuff show up, but the character design looks pretty lackluster, like something out of a standard MMO. We'll see.

The average MMO has pretty good character design IMO (visuals wise that is). I'd love to see them in single player games more often.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Monkey-460.jpg

deuxhero

Arcane
Real time with pause

Done with that!

Pure turn based or real time I wouldn't have a problem with, but as it is, I know nothing about the world beyond a map (will be be populated by only original groups? Humans only? Toliken plagerism?) and the only thing I DO know is it will include a combat system that HAS killed games for me and I hate with every fiber of my being.

kaizoku

Arcane
RTwP was the first step down the slipperly slope of decline that lead to the current state of RPGs being FPP or OTS RT games.

I might buy and enjoy the game if the writings good (and it probably will be), but I will not pay anyone to create the clusterfuck of RTwP combat.

:)

yeah, because we all know that the old school dungeon crawlers that implemented the mambo dance were so prestigious

Cabazone

Educated
I was hoping for the ultimate storyfag RPG, with a great setting, heavy focus on narrative/social interaction and very little combat. Instead, We have another dragon age with probably better writing. It can be good, even great, but it's hardly exciting. They have chosen the safest way, and i don't want to support this. I will probably buy it when it come out, though.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Going for a classic fantasy setting seems a bit boring, however we don't know anything about it yet. If they manage to create something that would be comparable to what they did in Mask of the Betrayer in terms of atmosphere and writing it will be awesome. If they manage to throw in some half-way decent combat (even if it's RtwP) it will be even better.

GO Obsidian!

Well, there's even a slight possibility they might hire George Ziets himself :

Feargus Urquhart said:
The ultimate size of the development team is going to be dependent on how the Kickstarter campaign goes – the more money we get in, the more people we are going to bring over onto the team.

Yeah, wishful thinking, but who knows? Make it happen, Obsidian.

Allanon

Augur
Pledged. As far as I'm concerned, any game involving Chris Avellone, Tim Cain, and Josh Sawyer worth the 20$ and even if it won't rise up to the expectations, in the sea of shit we're swimming now, it will still stand out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess the crybabies who whined about Wasteland 2 not having deep companions to fuck talk to will be satisfied by this game.

I expect a fat donation from that German dude who defaced the Wasteland 2 Wikipedia article.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'd be highly surprized, if down the line 2013-2014 were not viewed as a great rennaissance in RPG history. So many great teams, so little resources (time, gamers, money). But a full on rebirth of the genre in such a short time.Anyway, pledged.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, this is gonna be the ultimate test for Obsidian. If this time, with 'full creative freedom' and without 'publisher influence' they don't deliver what they promise to deliver, well... :fight:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom