Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian teasing game reveal at The Game Awards

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
BTW, does anyone know if Brian Mitsoda is involved? Because he wrote great stuff and characters in Bloodlines!
It seems unlikely to me that Mitsoda would ever want to work under Chris Parker again.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So this game is a revenge for New Vegas, Obsidian wants to be the first one with a open world space RPG to beat Starfield because Bethesda hated New Vegas

hrmgLXJ.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Chris Parker is the least of Brian's worries. That insane harpy he married takes precedence.
Eh, Brian sparked up a possibly-inappropriate office romance of his own with the formerly married Annie Carlson (now Mitsoda). The big thing was his flaky boss on Alpha Protocol whose idiocy resulted in a game having to be rewritten twice.

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Makabb
It's highly doubtful that the overworked monkeys at Bethsoft care about what the public likes or dislikes (their own work included). If they gave half a shit, they'd put some effort into their work instead of shipping games with assets that look like they belong in 2005.

On a somewhat related note, what are the odds of MCA buddying up with Todd and coming aboard to work on Starfield? Avellone likes to pretend he's cool with everyone at Obs besides management, but there's probably a lot of bad blood between him and some of the mid-rank fodder who supplanted his position on PoE1 and 2 (we already know he hates Fernwacker, despite trying to play it cool and diplomatic during their textual spats here on the Codex).

Tigranes

Arcane
Who really fucking cares about Bethesda or vidya game developers' soap drama bitchfightings this ain't days of our lives

I want a good game, end of

Unwanted

SlumLord

Unwanted
Edgy
Who really fucking cares about Bethesda or vidya game developers' soap drama bitchfightings this ain't days of our lives
Ain't it? Half the fun of coming here is shitting on devs and discussing their bitchfits and company drama. :lol:

I want a good game, end of
You and me both, buddy. But in the absence of it (as is the case with the Obsidian/Inexile cuck squads) I'll take second-rate passive entertainment.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
MakabbOn a somewhat related note, what are the odds of MCA buddying up with Todd and coming aboard to work on Starfield? Avellone likes to pretend he's cool with everyone at Obs besides management, but there's probably a lot of bad blood between him and some of the mid-rank fodder who supplanted his position on PoE1 and 2 (we already know he hates Fernwacker, despite trying to play it cool and diplomatic during their textual spats here on the Codex).
How are those two sentences related?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
a week to go. My hope is that Microsoft will throw Obsidian some decent engine and QA(haha, yeah, i know)...and allow them to make a Steam version

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Where's that "idolatry"? There's a bunch of discussion about art and the most hopeful thing I can find is "maybe it won't suck". Which is fabulously optimistic but not really idolatry.

Black

Arcane
I don't feel like Obsidian is in a position to "tease" anything. Teasing is usually best left to someone who has market value.

Bohr

Arcane
Also think the faint hope (tempered with misgivings about 'shapes' and vague suspicions about casualisation) is more related to Cain/Boyarsky than Obsidian in general. Which will only make the butthurt more acute if it really does suck.

Black

Arcane
But the general population and probably even Obsidian's audience has no idea who C and B are. They really shouldn't be flexing.

Molina

Savant
I don't feel like Obsidian is in a position to "tease" anything. Teasing is usually best left to someone who has market value.
In fact I don't see any hype on internet... Except here, but "we" are special.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't think NV is the "bestestest gaym of everytyme"
NV is actually a terrible game, if you're gonna judge it by gameplay metrics. It runs like an arthritic sloth, and the gunplay is abysmal. But storyfaggotry and LARPing as Van Buren saves it.

It would’ve been better with a few adjustments... Like gun skills counting for accuracy and bullets being deadlier across the board (making combat more focused on tactical approach as per your characters aptitude than frantic bulletsponging), and minigame events using different methods with non-deterministic skill checks, and increased overall world/item interactivity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom