Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian teasing game reveal at The Game Awards

Don Peste

Arcane
meh.png
but we need more :bounce: material to endure this long week.

Inveigh

Novice
We're all here with our cocks in hand waiting for this to be remotely like Arcanum, but not even C & B can out-swim the current of retardation that flows from Obsidisoft.

If this is isometric, and even loosely Arcanum / ToEE, I'll shit a golden brick, but my gut feels it's just going to be watered down dribble, made for the masses.

Thonius

Arcane
I don't get all excitement. If Kickstater told us anything is that old ex-retired geezers, who did nothing in a while is a spend material. And while certain game was mechanically solid it lacked in other departments.
meh.png
but we need more :bounce: material to endure this long week.

BAGygRVL_400x400.jpg

This is what PoE brought.

Clean your room and wash your p̴̨̧͕͓͎̻̙͓̱̠̲̝̩͖̦̲̭͕̘̭͕̣͚͎͖̳̬̖̫̹̝͕̳̞̬̣͔͍͉̈́̌̿͒́̀͐̈́̆̚͠ͅͅͅe̵̛͍̹͈̫̲̮͖͇̼͓͔̞͑̃͒̄̔͑̄̾͑̀͋͛͊̊͗͂̐̊̾͌̿̋̎̓̇̇͋̊͆̇̓̏͒̓̋̎͆͘͘͠͝n̷̟͔̥̳̺̺̭̈́̉͆͐̍̓͛̃͒̉́̒̏͂̐͐͊̐͌̈́͐̇̒̿̀͂͛̉͂͂͊̃̈̉̉̓̆̒͒̚̚̚͘͠͝͠i̷̢̢̡̡̛͔̗͓̦͉͎̦̗̼̻̺̮̖̟͓̟̥̼͖̪͈̙̩͉͚̗͔̮̖͕͈̝̣̼̼̭̰̗͂͒̀͛̅̂̓̆͋̉̓̇̈͊̿͛͋̂͑̈́̾́͋̑̍́̋̚̚̕͝s̷̛̫̱͖̖͔̩̙̓̏͒̈͗̔̐͆̍̓̊̅̓̏͂̄̓̍̓͒̕̚͝ ̵̢̨͙̙̥̥̰̙͇͙̲͈̮̱̱̼͎̰̞̬̘͕̣̻̥̖̩̺͓͚̪̹̰͕̗̗͐͜ͅͅͅͅͅõ̶̱̤̬̰͔̪͈̪̦̗͍͔̫̀͋̈͆̌̆͝͠ḩ̴͎̗̟̙͓̘͇͚̦͉̫̝͉͖̹̜͇͚̣̊͛̂͆͛̈́̈́̀̂̎́̔̋̈́̆͗̃͗̑́̈͂̌̌̈́̆̄́̾͂͌̉̽̏̾̆͑̐̑͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅ ̷̢̨̨̪͍̺̞͍͓̳̯̺̖̫̻͇̣͍̦̺̞͇̘̱͕͉͖̜̰̜̼͔̯͈̼̹̞̰̣̣͇̼̣͛̒͛̈̌̃̑̈̾̏̏̋̉̀̉̅͆́̓̇̉̏̈́͗̆̋̄̕̕͜g̸̛̛̛͇̗̰̑̓͛̆͂͆̿̌̊̆̌̐͑̆̓̆̓̈́͊̃̿̈́͌̌̆̈́̄̈́̀̀̈́̚͘͠ö̴̡̨̢̨̢̙̪̩̩͚̦̗̠͚͉̰̰͈̝̦̙̪̯̦͙̩̜͉͇͍̥͓̠͖̭̱̟͖̙̲̩̲̗͓͓́̾̀̏̄͑̄͌͝d̵̨̢̠̠̰̪̘̺̰̤̲̺͖̮͈̫̳͎͓̺͍͂̉̾͜ ̷̢̛̠̠͚̾͆̉͗̑̋͆͊͗̅̕͜͝ͅṉ̶̡̧̢̨̖̱̣̪͉̭̮͉̜̔̓̋̈́̿̌̔͗̀͌͊̇̐̒̔͛̈̉͛́̊̕͘͠o̸̢̨̨̨̹͕̼͓̟̭͇̮͇̜͇̟͍̲̟̭̤̰͖̝͜͠ǫ̴̢̨̨̤̹̜͇̣͉̺̘̥̤̳̞̤̳̘̪͕̠̫̳̰̥̬͖̺̮͍͚͖͇͉̳̱̯̆̀ơ̵̢̨̧̛͍̲̭̮͇͇̜̝̻̤͖̠̤̝̠̫̺̰̣̼̠͕̙͎̓̈̓̎͂̌̓͗́͌̈́͆̋̀̆͌̅̈́̈́̒̉͊̈́̽͒̿̓̓̈́͘͜͝͝ō̴̧̢̧̡͚͍͓̙̳̺͈̜͈̦̘̘̦͇̩̝̙̜̤̜͓̻̣̗̮̟̼̣̘̳̦͊̀̑̀̍̽́̒̿͒̌̊͐̋͌̈́̈̃̒̈́̋̈́̅̆̋̋͐̑̄͆̌͒̓̽͗̅̕̕͜͝͠͝͝͠͝ơ̶̛͉̬̼̘͔̮̺̦͉̰̩͆̿̿̏̅̎͗̐̈́̈̂́̀̽̑̓̋͊́̀̆̇̽̀̾͗̏̓͂̊́͘̕̕̕͜͝͝͝͝ǫ̸̧̧̡̛̝̙̝͙̠̺͈̳̼̖̣̝̱̟̠͚̘̬͈̖̠̥͓͔͚̺͕̓̄̈́̈́̓̍̐̀̈́̐̔͐͋͌͊̇̊́̃̈́̿́́͗͌̒͊͑̈͐̌̍͆̽͜͝o̸̡̧̧̨̡̦͈̥̦͇̰̩͇̤͚͈̗͇͎̭̤̻̭̥͓̞̺͎̪͇̹̗̤̟̬̫̼̟̝̖̝͙͙̽͜ͅ ̴̡̨̥̠͖̹̟͖̺̬̦͈̞̬̘̳̼̺̤̼͉̭͆͗̈́͆̒͋̏͛̈͐͒̋̍͆̊̎͂͋͌͛̑̑̾̂̓̈́̔̍̓͒͗̓̈́̂͛̈̇̂̐͌̀͜͜͝͝͠ͅa̸̖̠̭̻̎̈́̀̅̏̓̕ȃ̴̧̛̺̘͈̱͖͈̮̪̘̲̪͎̹͚͇̰͉̘̤͔̝̻͓̠́̓̉̔̾̽̅̔̽͋̍̀̾̂̈́́͒̑͒̓͆͒̐͘̕̚̚͘̚͠͝ͅͅä̵̭́͑́͗́̂̃̿͊̀̒̿̏͆̏̍͛̆̎̾͐͘̚̚͜͝͠͝à̷̡̧̘̜͙͙̥̞̩̰̞́̏̎̐̂͛͒͛̅̒̀̌̚̕͘ͅą̴̧̢̦͎̪͖͚̭̤̲̼͚̻͕̙̣͎͍̱͉̩̰̱̗̘͙̲̺̫͚̮̙̣̭̹̤̌̑̓͂̏̉̃̉̅͜͜͝à̴̧̢̨̺̋̀͒͂̆͌̄̈́̓̒̌̊̅͛̏̚̕͘͠a̶̧̧̢̡̛͎͍͓̙͓͔̱̙̯̰͉͇̯͔̭̘̰͕̠͕͈̹̟̟̻̺̺̙̖̙̗̟̳̮̍̏̓͌̓̽̊̔̉́̓̄̆́̽̓̿̀̈́͋̒́͆̈́͘͘͝͝ͅá̸̟̘͚̖͉̈́̑͒́͊̌̔͋̅̈̂͛͌̌̉͛̄̈́̏̾̄̿̀̅̏̎̒͌̆͂͘̚͜͝ͅą̵̡̡̛͉̭̯͔̞̳̳̻͔̝̙̺͚̣̤̹̎̂̇̅̈̂̿̈́̈́͒̀̇̈̔͒̕͘̚͜͝͝ă̶̡̧̢̨̧̡̛̱̯͔̫͎̫̞̙̞̝̰̪̹̤͎̞̰̘̩̣̳̳̪̳̱̺̺͎̜͇̝̝̮͈̪̯̩̇́̈́̑̈́͊̔̊̄̃̀͆̑̾͊̀͗͐͛͌̀̆͌͌̌̓̐̀͌͂͒̀͘̕̕͘͘͜͝͝͝ͅͅa̵̧̡̢̻̯̖̪͓̲̗̮̱͎̻̜͈̜͊̈͘á̸̢̢̬͎̗̲̦͓̟͉̭͉̪̜̘̠͖̾͌̅͒̊̓̓͆͒̾͐̎̀̑̈́̂͊̀̀͑̒͌̽̈́͋̒̿̿͂̃̉̽̎́̓͑͌̚̕͜͜͠͠ą̵̤̤̖̥͙̫͈̪̪̘̠̥̪̠̱͍̯̯̽͋͛͋̾̾̃̌̋̂̈̋̔̈́̿̈̿̀̇̿̉̄́͋̾͗̐̒̎̈́̏̾̇̈́͠͝ā̵̡̨̡̧̛͈̜̘̤̮̳̭͎̟͍̘͍̺͍͙͙̬͕̞̻̳̗̯͍͖̩͓̬̬̔͛̐̒͋͋́͑̔̾̋͋̌̈̑̿̊̊̀̇̆̌̓̈́̄͑̇̏̓͋̊͒̐̐͐̏͝ą̵̬̝̼̩̫̜̖̱̩͎̰̩͕̱̙̏͜ͅȃ̷̡̢̧̢̧̱̝͎͖̘͔̹͓̟̠̥̩̰̹̪̖̖͐͊̂̏̃͑́͑̉̆̿̈́̉̉̅͋̈͝ͅą̶̧̼̩̻͇̲̠̭̭̟͙̻̭̘͗̅̾͒͗̌̌̊̎͂̊̃̋̇͌͗̀͠a̶̧̛̛̛̹̗̼̙̥͈̮̝͕̤̳̺̍͑͋́͐̾̔̽̏̀͗̇͊͌̈́̾̎̋͛̍̽̇̀͌̅̏͌͆̒̌̂̈́̅̕̕͘͜͠͠͠͝

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Jeremy Peel said:
That's a really exciting juxtaposition to the newly corporate Obsidian, for me.

One man's really exciting juxtaposition is another's retarded reasoning.

Molina

Savant
I don't feel like Obsidian is in a position to "tease" anything. Teasing is usually best left to someone who has market value.
In fact I don't see any hype on internet... Except here, but "we" are special.

Sounds like - we are, you know "pssst over here" a bit retarded.:lol:
Of course. We have been waiting for a real RPG for more than 15 years. :D

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

this shit looks like dying visions of a dying brain........

To sum this up:
Go and feed your cat. Or your dog. Or your wife.
Pet them in order of importance.
Cook some tasty food, something fat, fried, hot, eat that slowly with a good beer or something like that, and watch some good old movie, some The Hitcher or something.
Forget about all this bullshit.

Last edited:

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm, those teaser images (and history of older devs sticking to ideas from their youth) make me think this will be a space version of Fallout, meaning space travel/exploration as seen through the eyes of 1950s (or some other past flavorful decade), with lots of humor sprinkled in.

That on its own doesn't mean anything though, the question is can they use today's technology to create something that's not just a space rehash of Fallout, but the equivalent of what Fallout was in 1997 to today's gaming scene.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hmmm, those teaser images (and history of older devs sticking to ideas from their youth) make me think this will be a space version of Fallout, meaning space travel/exploration as seen through the eyes of 1950s (or some other past flavorful decade), with lots of humor sprinkled in.

That on its own doesn't mean anything though, the question is can they use today's technology to create something that's not just a space rehash of Fallout, but the equivalent of what Fallout was in 1997 to today's gaming scene.

You have some unrealistic expectations about the game. Imho today is several times harder to create the equivalent of what Fallout was in 1997 ... not to mention that nobody can say what such an equivalent would be.

That's why I would settle for something on par or even slightly lower than Fallout: a new world to explore, branching narrative with choices-and-consequences, fully usable skills and perks system, decent combat, ending slides and gore animations.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

You have some unrealistic expectations about the game. Imho today is several times harder to create the equivalent of what Fallout was in 1997 ... not to mention that nobody can say what such an equivalent would be.

That's why I would settle for something on par or even slightly lower than Fallout: a new world to explore, branching narrative with choices-and-consequences, fully usable skills and perks system, decent combat, ending slides and gore animations.

Anyone who thinks this will be even on par with Fallout/Arcanum is in for some massive disappointment.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Anyone who thinks this will be even on par with Fallout/Arcanum is in for some massive disappointment.

Probably.

Your in-depth arguments are really astonishing.

Last edited:

Beavery

Literate
I hope they use the late victorian Art Nouveau aesthetic to make the most glorious and gayest shit they can. We really need a space station with flowers, nordic maidens and cute animals painted all over it's hull

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It will be realtime

Third person or shouldercam

Action-based gameplay

remember my words
Your point?

Obsidian's Alpha Protocol fit all those criteria - it was also a bug-ridden, incomplete, mess.

Still better than Fallout 3 :lol:

luj1 has no point. He is just baiting for some attention.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom