Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian to co-develop Wasteland 2 if Kickstarter reaches $2.1mil

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This is reaching Warhammer Fan-fic level, where God-Emperor manages to save Sanguinius, they defeat Horus, brofist and rebiuld the Empire.

You know, that didm't end well for the Emperor... or the Empire for that matter.
That's why is better, happier fan-fic. :p

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
I am a bit disappointed that there is no mention of Tim Cain possibly helping too:(

ain't tim busy with working on south park anyway? thq won't be happy to read something else. guess chris has a lot of freetime after the next major project got canceled and the potential secret thing is just in a prototype stasis.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Hot sexy real time WL2 money graphs
http://ruinedkingdoms.com/wasteland2/

look at dat per hour graph

look at it

Bys2B.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
fuck avellone and fuck obsidian. they have no credentials to be developing crpgs. they haven't released a single good game, ever.torment was a piece of shit. avellone and obsidian will RUIN wasteland 2. the only reason they'r doing this is because theres a loud minority of cultists who are weak minded and worship this "man" who i suspect is only after power.

shame on the decent folk on this forum who never spoke up about the fraud of torment, avellone and obsidian, you will now pay for your cowardice.

i just hope fargo brought them on as a public relations stint and is not actually going to let them influence the game. BUT I'M SURE THEY'LL TAKE FULL CREDIT IF IT'S SUCCESSFUL, JUST LIKE A TYPICAL FRAUDS THAT THEY ARE.

:mca:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
fuck avellone and fuck obsidian. they have no credentials to be developing crpgs. they haven't released a single good game, ever.torment was a piece of shit. avellone and obsidian will RUIN wasteland 2. the only reason they'r doing this is because theres a loud minority of cultists who are weak minded and worship this "man" who i suspect is only after power.

shame on the decent folk on this forum who never spoke up about the fraud of torment, avellone and obsidian, you will now pay for your cowardice.

i just hope fargo brought them on as a public relations stint and is not actually going to let them influence the game. BUT I'M SURE THEY'LL TAKE FULL CREDIT IF IT'S SUCCESSFUL, JUST LIKE A TYPICAL FRAUDS THAT THEY ARE.

:lol:

Riiiiight.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Haters ganna hate. :patriot: (need one with the Australian flag but you get the point)

Yet it wouldn't be the Codex without your type of keen insight :roll:.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
fanboying aside I'm just very interested in what MCA does without fear of publisher interference. If this reaches 2.1, and that will be solely because of this new update because the funding was at a standstill before that, it will have been because the fans are paying half a mil for him to do work there.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Just saw the update in the inbox... Well, Fargo really knows how to make the crowd forgive him any "social" blunders. Now I just have to figure out whose jewelry to steal and sell to up my pledge... :mca:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well, as much as I like MCA's handsome figure I wish they would keep Obsidian away from this project, we don't need them anymore now that a dev of some renown is REALLY trying to make a real RPG.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
If this reaches 2.1, and that will be solely because of this new update because the funding was at a standstill before that, it will have been because the fans are paying extra for him to do work there.

now i would like to see how obsidian's own project impacts. chris' story excerpts and menze's concept art could drive this shit sky high.

Chuck Norris

Augur
You guys better stop jerking off to this announcement and burning your money by pledging more. It's not like those Obsidian IP rapist hombres are going to do a miracle for Wasteland 2. If Inxile can't pull off Wasteland on its own, then they should probably quit the business.

empi

Augur
Fucking hell, just saw this on fb (i'm elite enough to have :mca: as a friend). YES!!
The design etc. of Obsidian without (hopefully) the bugs? FUCK YES.

Don't let us down comrades in the good fight. So much resting on this title now :salute: It all could go wrong, but I. Have. FAITH

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom