Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Obsidian wants to make a game for you

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by thesisko, May 5, 2011.

1. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite

Roguey
    Not really, this was brought up in another recent thread, there's a lot of inertia involved. They'd need a steady stream of underperformers.
    They'd need those deals anyway, and they do have them; there's the XBLA action RPG coming out early next year and the secret licensed title Feargus couldn't turn down.
    AP didn't outright kill them because they were already working on New Vegas and DS3 and publishers usually cancel projects because the one they're funding themselves is too much of a mess or they're having money troubles themselves, not because some unrelated game didn't do so well. I would imagine New Vegas and its 5 million shipped copies and its decent metacritic scores (that publishers' sweet spot where it's high enough to be considered good but low enough to justify not giving any bonuses) made up for any lost confidence.

^ Top  
  2. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    How about a game where you play as the Nameless One in the blood war and it will be a third person action rpg very old school of course and there are demon tits every so often because it is a mature game with adult themes and you're saving Annah and Fall from Grace and they have their tits out and you fight demons from plane to plane in memorable enviornments and there are awesome quicktime finishing moves for most enemies and everything you kill gives you Souls which you use to upgrade your tattoos and there are demon chests which you open to replenish your health and mana and each time you kill a major boss you get a new magic item that will unlock abilities like double jump and the ability to petrify your foes

:thumbsup:

^ Top  
  3. LibertyRansom Savant

LibertyRansom
    I forgot all about Deadlands. That would make a great setting to explore, similar to the way Arcanum or Fallout felt. Though, you'd have to be careful about offending people and stepping on anyones toes when you have something that uses American History, Native Americans and Slavery in it. Still, a great, refreshing setting.

^ Top  
  4. crufty Arcane

crufty
    How about a rules of engagement style game for the ipad

^ Top  
  5. Lockkaliber Magister Patron

Lockkaliber
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Man, Kult. :swedish pride:

^ Top  
  6. sea inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    Sounds like PS3fag garbage to me. I'd much rather see a game where the Nameless One wears a green suit of powered armour and drives around in an oversized jeep, like the one I had when I was a kid, and blows up aliens from space in defense of Earth and its colonies. It could have an overpowered pistol that doubles as a sniper rifle, sexy naked AIs, and thinly veiled American patriotism.

^ Top  
  7. Arcanoix Scholar

Arcanoix
    BRAVO!!!!! :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  8. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    An Xbox fanboy! Quick, shoot him!

^ Top  
  9. sgc_meltdown Arcane

sgc_meltdown
    My son it is his kind that funds great roleplay games for like Fable III or Fallout 3 Game of the Year or Dragon Age Origins since PC gaming is dying

^ Top  
  10. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar
    I'm sure you could find a seat at the Bethesda Studios with these ideas.

^ Top  
  11. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    Keep this up and I'll consider you to be 2011's Sceptic.

Oh, and I mentioned before what I'd like to see from Obsidian (but never will) but what the heck, it's not like I hate repeating myself:
    Torment setting
    The Dark Eye character system
    TB action point combat in the vein of JA
    Playing a mercenary in the Blood War and turning the concept of the Blood War on it's head and being able to play all parties against each other

^ Top  
  12. sea inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    I don't know what this means, although I'm kind of scared that some people apparently can't tell I was joking.

^ Top  
  13. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    So much this.

I still dream with a Mage the Ascension (proper) CRPG. It'll never happen :cry:

Sceptic is a great poster that joined the Codex last year, so what I think Shannow means is that you are the good kind of new member, not an stereotypical newfag. At least that's what I can gather from the comparison.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)