Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian Will Pitch Their Star Wars RPG Idea to EA

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shamelessly stolen from GameBanshee, who in turn quote RPS.

Feargus Urquhart said:
As for Disney, we didn’t end up talking with them directly, since we were waiting to see what might happen with the license as a whole. (...) We are certainly going to try. We would love to work on another Star Wars game, and if it was possible for us to hook up with BioWare and EA to do so, that would be pretty amazing.
In before EA screws Obisidan even more than Bethesda after FNV.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Obsidian's idea was a Star Wars action-RPG in the timeline of the original trilogy, not KOTOR3.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would actually be hilarious if this got greenlit, since it would mean EA don't trust Bioware with single player RPGs anymore.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
It wasn't action rpg if I recall, and it was set in the Dark Times (between 3 and 4) not during the boring ass OT period where everyone apparently forgot about the Jedi, the Force, and lightsaber combat.

Death Star was cool though. It can also appear in this game as it was being built at the end of ROTS.

Hopefully it is greenlit, and written by Avellone. But PLEASE, no fucking wounds in the Force. Also, it shouldn't be as moody as KOTOR II. This is fucking SW. There should be feel good and light hearted moments, and the Force Theme aplenty. (Dark Side campaign can be dark though)

Random

Arcane
Patron
I sure fucking hope that Obsidian doesn't get this deal. For their own sake.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
With the Onyx engine, they can make a game fairly cheep which is very attractive to Publishers (that's how Dungeon Siege III came to be).

With the Canadian BioWare teams busy (The old ME team is working on MYSTERY game, DA team doing DA and the new ME team working on ME4) it is possible this could get greenlit..... but with EA tightening its belt lately to focus more on core stuff I don't think it will happen.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Don't underestimate the hype being made with the new movies coming out.

Heck, that's likely why TOR is still running. They will limp along until 2015, when the new trilogy will make people want to play that shit game.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Obsidian must not have learned from their experience with Bethesda. Looks like EA will enjoy screwing them over as well!

Lancehead

Liturgist
With the Onyx engine, they can make a game fairly cheep which is very attractive to Publishers (that's how Dungeon Siege III came to be).
And DSIII was surprisingly smooth and responsive to control, which would be a plus for their pitching an action-RPG. Although not sure if they can translate that to a third person game.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't EA get the license for SW games, but only for their Frostbite engine? So that would mean, that Obsidian would need to learn the new engine to make this game.

DeepOcean

Arcane
No, Star Effect is already an Bioware one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom