Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Obsidian's new game is The Outer Worlds, a first-person sci-fi RPG set on a corporate space colony

Duraframe300

Arcane
I love this line from Cain, as it's the weak point of all Deus Ex games in my opinion: "And we tried to do it without the Deus Ex 'there's always going to be a big vent.' "
Except they're doing the same thing it seems because it seems that drugs will be the "vents". You can't do something? Just take a drug and voila!
If you're close. And relying on temporary buffs to pass skill checks exists already in rpgs. That trick is nothing new.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I love this line from Cain, as it's the weak point of all Deus Ex games in my opinion: "And we tried to do it without the Deus Ex 'there's always going to be a big vent.' "
Except they're doing the same thing because it seems that drugs will be the new "vents". You can't do something? Just take a drug and voila!

If you're trying to do something and it's too hard there's always another way to do it. And we tried to do it without the Deus Ex 'there's always going to be a big vent.' Sometimes it's like, what in this environment have I not tried to use yet? Or am I like two points away from being able to hack something? Wait, this drug makes me smarter and smarts make my hacking better. Ding, I can temporarily hack this. And that just feels fun. It feels like a great use of both that drug and my hacking skills.

I don't mind this sometimes. But if every task/puzzle/event can be overcome this way, then that is basically just cheese and there's no point.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
New Vegas on Steam exists in it's exclusive Czech-Polish-Russian microcosm so I only see this shit
mw4755.jpg

What are the numbers in the territory of Glorious West?
Turns out slavs aren't as appreciative as westerners.
You are not wrong. It's our modus operadi
2hfq92c.jpg

Duraframe300

Arcane
The trailer has now passed the 5 million mark. Considering that its now only been around 2 weeks that is up there with the most popular Single Player Games.

For comparison Far Cry: New Dawn is at 1.4 Million, the E3 trailer of DMC 5 from 6 months ago is at 4.8, Hitman 2's announcement trailer from the same time is at 2.1, the most popular Tomb Raider game trailer is 6.8 from the initial reboot 7 years ago.....

Popular RPG Wise:

Witcher 3: 10 Million (4 Years ago)
Cyberpunk: 16 Million (6 months ago) 13 Million (initial teaser from 5 years ago)
Skyrim: 26 Million (7 years ago)
Fallout 4: 22 Million (3 years ago)

So, yeah. Impressive for its budget. Will be interesting where the viewcount settles down as it still goes up.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The trailer has now passed the 5 million mark. Considering that its now only been around 2 weeks that is up there with the most popular Single Player Games.

Considering what that would imply.... If there's any, is all the discussion about it dumped in reddit or some other shithole I'm not going to expose myself to. Obsidians own forums are half dead, and what little is going on there is just trivial; and here it seems to be just about dykes and sodomy. Just wondering.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom