Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News ObsidiLeaks: The Chris Avellone May of Rage Archive

FeelTheRads

Arcane
:what:

Wow, looks like I missed some sweet drama.

Blaintard getting ignored by Avellone is also pretty hilarious, although I didn't get to the posts that caused it.

Bohr

Arcane

Also had a good look for the video and couldn't track it down, seems they cleared out their Vimeo account in 2016. Bit disappointing how quickly some of these gamedev-related videos disappear, may start archiving some of the ones referenced around here.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The feeling I got when I see this stuff rehashed once again:

LAConfidential_387Pyxurz.jpg

"Kotaku? Yes, it's me, Infinitron, something just came up."

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Chris:

Alpha Protocol was janky and laughable as a third person action game, but it was a magnificent beast all the same with the reactivity and setting. What were you all thinking to do it that way and not just copy Splinter Cell( and maybe Hitman) for the action part? I remember playing those and thinking that the slower, deliberate style lent itself perfectly for a spy RPG idea, yet AP seems to have ignored a lot of the mechanics that had been polished over 4 games for both series by the time AP was made. The invisibility skill in AP is particularly notorious. Why no light meter ala Splinter Cell that would have worked far better with less dissonance and still would allow for RPG style skill point allocation(be quieter, harder to see etc.) tl;dr didn't anyone notice?

Sorry if it was asked but among the million pages and the few hundred in the 'summary' I don't know if anyone mentioned AP.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
:what:

Wow, looks like I missed some sweet drama.

Blaintard getting ignored by Avellone is also pretty hilarious, although I didn't get to the posts that caused it.
I think he was racist edgeposting.

Since its pretty much axiomatic that cRPGs have nothing to do with real role-playing, MCA was only acting in accordance with these princicples, can't allow P&P influences on the codex

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, I thought the "colossal fuck" and ignore were the same guy. Pretty sure the second one wasn't me. I'll have to read the whoe 200 pages again now.

Don Peste

Arcane
And what of the memes!? The precious meme archives must be secured!
I have a couple of unused concepts:
Infinitron said:
l0tePb.gif

Chris what is you doing

Nobody even asked about New Vegas
6EbxOtV.jpg

Chris Avellone said:
Feargus did try and have both his young children added as employees at the studio during my last year there, but the other owners fought back and made it clear that (1) not only was it illegal b/c of the age requirements, (2) there was no way to defend against someone being able to prove his two children didn't work there (obviously, Feargus's children are far below age of employment so if it was somehow proven, there would be additional problems), but most importantly, on a higher level, it was seen an unethical and wrong thing to try and do.
2XeV7YN.gif

Farewell into the night

Chris Avellone, I just want to THANK YOU for your awesome work!
You have my blessings <3

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Oh my god, existential_vacuum told me about this topic, I was completely lost :lol:

Glad to help the Codex and the users, guys. I'll keep udating the document as we have some more posts (including this topic - but, hey, I am also playing PoE2, so give me some time).

EDIT: If anyone wants to help with editing/ adding whatever in the document, please send me the email address by inbox and I will add you, if I like you.

Use the document as you wish. :salute:

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
And what of the memes!? The precious meme archives must be secured!
I have a couple of unused concepts:
Infinitron said:
l0tePb.gif

Chris what is you doing

Nobody even asked about New Vegas
6EbxOtV.jpg

Chris Avellone said:
Feargus did try and have both his young children added as employees at the studio during my last year there, but the other owners fought back and made it clear that (1) not only was it illegal b/c of the age requirements, (2) there was no way to defend against someone being able to prove his two children didn't work there (obviously, Feargus's children are far below age of employment so if it was somehow proven, there would be additional problems), but most importantly, on a higher level, it was seen an unethical and wrong thing to try and do.
2XeV7YN.gif

You guys are photoshopping memes now? This thread is bizarro Codex. It's as if we were transported into Neogaf all of a sudden.

In fact it's incredibly disappointing. Codexers proud themselves on the claim that they never compromise toward anyone. And yet, their idol only has to show up and say "Boo!", and now people stop asking any critical questions and say "Hey, just to let you know, I always liked Torment.", uncritically believing how horrible a person Feargus is.

It's not like he's a doctor or a Nobel-prize winner, quite frankly.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
So, who do you think is more worthy, a doctor or a noble-prize winner? Inquiring minds want to know

Bohr

Arcane
In fact it's incredibly disappointing. Codexers proud themselves on the claim that they never compromise toward anyone. And yet, their idol only has to show up and say "Boo!", and now people stop asking any critical questions and say "Hey, just to let you know, I always liked Torment.", uncritically believing how horrible a person Feargus is.

Come on man, the Grimoire thread was full of your posts apparently taking Cleve's promises at face value. Everyone has their quirks :shittydog:

Shog-goth

Elder Thing
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And yet, their idol only has to show up and say "Boo!", and now people stop asking any critical questions and say "Hey, just to let you know, I always liked Torment.", uncritically believing how horrible a person Feargus is.
Tbh, I really don't care about corporate drama since I've had enough of mine. I just wanted to thank Chris Avellone because, in all these years, I've read a lot of interesting writings from him while the most original thing I read about Feargus is its surname.

Don Peste

Arcane
Well I feel I should say it's actually MS Paint only, but thank you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom