Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Occupy White Walls - Free to play Art Museum Sandbox

grimace

Arcane

https://www.oww.io/

Dear Codexers,

I am writing to you with the intention of sharing a project that has reached a level of fun and polish that may suffer from "bigger, better, more business" syndrome in the near future.

Occupy White Walls

OWW has an advancement system built in. You begin with a small allowance to spend on floors, walls, and ceilings to create a space to place art.

The sandbox environment of OWW is restrained by this advancement system. You do not have infinite space and infinite resources when you begin.

There is a multiplayer element that allows the player to visit other open art galleries. You can declare your gallery open for 30 minutes at a time from interacting with the menu accessed by your galleries front desk.

Occupy White Walls is currently in Early Access and free to download from Steam.

To say it’s a PC sandbox-building, AI-driven MMO where people play with Art, developed by folks who really love architecture and abstract characters… would be a bit of a mouthful.

https://www.youtube com/watch?v=fGLVsqjICWA

Last edited:

grimace

Arcane
Enjoy this "Utopia" before Kickstarters and other destroyers of fun for the sake of fun make Monetization changes.

Warning:

There may be a Kickstarter because ... Kickstarter!!!

Hello, brave curators of the Artiverse!
We are considering a Kickstarter (SOON™) to help us push the game to the next level, introduce lots of cool features, take the game and DAISY to other platforms and even bigger audiences.

We want to hear your ideas, so we have prepared a short survey. Your participation and honest feedback are hugely valuable – thank you.

If you have a gallery for us to visit please share your username.

grimace

Arcane
Raising awareness of a game I have enjoyed and sharing it with you before it rots.
No, I mean, what is the point of this game?

The point of the game or "end goal" varies from player to player. The goal for many players may be to build the biggest gallery. To expand your space you must buy new space with credits earned.

How do I use the expand tool?
Select the expand tool and go to the edge of your own gallery. When you approach it a blue wall should appear. Using the expand tool you can click to purchase that cube of space. Be warned that the more you buy the more expensive it becomes!​

Credits are earned when other players visit your gallery and purchase the paintings you have displayed.

As the curator of your own gallery you choose what art to display and how to display it.

Norfleet

Credits are earned when other players visit your gallery and purchase the paintings you have displayed.
So, what benefit is there for that player to do that? It seems to me that you simply lose money when you do that.

And where do credits even come from? Purchasing things from another player merely gives them your money. Where does money in this system originate?

grimace

Arcane
So, what benefit is there for that player to do that? It seems to me that you simply lose money when you do that.

And where do credits even come from? Purchasing things from another player merely gives them your money. Where does money in this system originate?

There are NPCs controlled by AI that visit your gallery and leave credits at your gallery's front desk.

This casual advancement system creates the desire to build towards something.

So, what benefit is there for that player to do that?

Relaxation, creation, building something for the sake of enjoyment.

It's a digital version of art therapy. Escape to your gallery and unwind after a long day.

There is a social aspect of allowing other players to visit your gallery. You can also explore other galleries. Reminds me of early 2000s virtual worlds.

This might be a tad bit too artsy for most people :lol:

The abstract and free form "gameplay" appeals to me. It lacks a combat system and any world building, characters, and story. It's the opposite of RPG.

grimace

Arcane
89FFA751F49F1D942C459E9A26553DB85DB0BCBC

Benchmark your graphics card and measure your pixel penis at the same time.

Zero cost tools to build a maze and amaze your codex friends.

D7BCC9FF9AF47F1EE6AA4711259F213A70B522A9

14B129530523FE768CD16F23720BB52D1F46A7D9

4C853C62BCCF1C01559A3A32F92FF72378D8E96E

B6CC70862C21173606BF51713FF13C661929B1DC

CC0D1E2E9A781DD7376A72F5DF1A1F889E9EEC54

Last edited:

grimace

Arcane
F43621526FE539B4847F1FB7ACF823DB67F66BB0

I will defend my art gallery!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom