Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Octopus City Blues - the authentic Octopus City simulation

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostinabottle/octopus-city-blues
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404286485

https://www.octopuscityblues.com

edit: Download the demo here: http://ghost-in-a-bottle.itch.io/octopus-city-blues

---

Ghost in a Bottle GmbH is pleased to announce Octopus City Blues, the authentic Octopus City simulation. For people unacquainted with Octopus City simulation genre, the simulation resembles the adventure games of yore, immersing players in a fascinating setting filled with unusual characters. We place special emphasis on exploration, replay value and the consequences of choices.

Assume the role of Kaf Kafkaryan, a cowardly middle-aged octopus blood junkie and tentacle trimmer, living in a city built around a giant octopus. Kaf has been experiencing bizarre dreams about a world populated by twisted creatures. To help the inhabitants of his dreams, he must learn more about the people of the city and explore the underside of the towering metropolis. Along the way he becomes entangled in a conspiracy with far-reaching implications for Octopus City.

The simulation is scheduled for release in 2015 and was funded in a Kickstarter Campaign. This is a demo comprising one of the early chapters. If you like our work please support us by pre-ordering the simulation and become an official OctoFan™.

We're really excited about this release and we hope you enjoy it. We encourage you to play more than once, because a lot of the content you'll see depends on your choices and approach. There are multiple endings, and some variations on each of them, in addition to various ways to complete the main quest. Talk to NPCs, learn gossip, and be careful about the choices you make. More importantly, have fun and remember to say no to Octoblood!

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From the Kickstarter update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostinabottle/octopus-city-blues/posts/1022738

Panic on the Centipede Express

November 17th, 2014

My dearest Henrietta,

By the time you read this letter, I will no longer be the man you knew. When I accepted this dangerous mission, I knew there will be no turning back. I have come to terms with my imminent demise, but I keep thinking of our brief time together. I am teetering on the edge of sanity, wishing I had more time to tell you the things you wanted to hear, but I'm running out of time. I need to get the news out before the cyber bloodhounds of the Ghost in a Bottle Oligarchy find me.

My primary objective was to infiltrate the heavily fortified headquarters of this doomsday cult. Making my way to the buried alien spaceship below the Pyramid of Khafre was not an easy task. Circumventing their advanced security protocols was even harder. Gaining the trust of their enigmatic and malevolent CEO was almost impossible. But I've persevered. I have seen the darkest depths of the Bottle, I have read the Necronomicon, and I have embraced my inner tentacle to get the truth out.

By the time you read this, the surveys would have reached the wealthiest of the corrupt benefactors of this shady organization. It took a lot of work to get my hands on these sacred surveys, and I made sure to send them to their rightful owners. My hope is that, once the benefactors answer these surveys, Ghost in a Bottle will have to incorporate these answers in their simulation. This is guaranteed to reduce the authenticity of the simulation by no less than 20%, bringing us one step closer to a world without bottled ghosts.

bd6f88fc48d55e7f68279674a1f911d4_large.png

The image above showcases a new tool being developed by the cult's mad scientists. It shows an editor of sorts used to sculpt and modify the scenes of their nefarious simulation. My research indicates that a more rudimentary editor was used earlier, but it wasn't tuned to the data format used by the simulation. Working with the previous editor was difficult because it was hard to see the various animated layers of the city or the proper placement of the simulated citizens. The new editor aims to solve these issues by reusing the engine code to provide a WYSIWYG interface. It is important to stop or at least delay the development of this new editor, or else the Ragnarok event promised by the organization, the release of the simulation itself, might arrive earlier than expected.

Another worrying new development is the growing number of staff being employed by the corporation. The newest addition to their tentacle art team is the so-called Sabrina Cámara. We don't know much about her yet, although a promotional website claims that she is an aspiring artist. Ghost in a Bottle has always tried to present itself as a legitimate business, so we should be careful when analyzing such propaganda. What we do know is that Sabrina will help out with character models and animation in the simulation. I have managed to smuggle one of the character sprites she worked on, and you can see how having more of these sprites could mean a more interactive and dynamic product.

0020d65e9a88e2a6e6a1e49c938b7efa_large.png

We also know that the cult is preparing for a campaign of sorts in the coming months. The words "green" and "light" were heard. Apparently the company has learned a lot from the demothey released last month, and are trying to deal with some of the problems the users have reported. Some critics thought that the demo was too weird and confusing, and while Octopus City is indeed a bizarre and puzzling place, the corporate overlords at GiaB want to make it easier for people to get into the simulation, and are working on a new introduction and providing more cues for utilizing the various mechanics. They also want to reduce the amount of dialogue exposition to appeal to younger players who skip the opening cut-scenes in games like Call of Duty. You can see how reaching a wider audience makes this simulation even more dangerous than we've anticipated.

I am hiding in a small storage room. It's very cold and dark in here. I can barely see a thing, but I can hear the robot sentries sweeping this floor. It's only a matter of time now, but at least I can die knowing that people will learn the truth about this place. I wish I could tell you to run Henrietta. I wish I could help you somehow. The things I've seen in here... Ghost in a Bottle's plans for mankind... There's no place to run. There's no place to hide. The simulation is real, and it's coming for all of us.

Yours truly,

Gregor S.

:lol:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostinabottle/octopus-city-blues/posts/1054001

>> octopus.bat --start
Welcome to the interactive Octopus City terminal. Please enter a command.
>> update
Reticulating Splines. Please wait...
ERROR. No public updates found.

>> sudo update
Enter your password: 123456
ERROR. User 'guest' unable to retrieve lock on file kafsmom.dat

>> login
Enter your username: admin
Enter your password: 123456
ERROR. Wrong password. You have used 1 of 3 attempts.
Enter your password: password
ERROR. Wrong password. You have used 2 of 3 attempts.
Enter your password: daisy
Access granted. Welcome, malevolent CEO.

>> update
Reticulating Splines. Please wait...
Retrieved one private project update. View update.txt to read it.

>> cat update.txt
Our plans for world-domination by mass marketing cephalopod-themed product placement are underway. Phase 2 of OPERATION BEEFWORM has started and we should have good news in the coming months. Currently we are working on project R-C4D3_G4M3S to meet the BEEFWORM milestone. You can find some screenshots on the //unkempt_tntcls server. End of executive report.
<EOF>

>> mount //unkempt_tntcls screenshots
>> cd screenshots/arcade/
>> imgviewer . --gallery

1f9f5a1763fbd0aff69e610042d60121_large.png

4d13b1117f31ce17c3c1b0539d299c80_large.png

a53f2e77deba8197af263ed3fcfa8f07_large.png

>> man 'Octopus City Blues'
Welcome to the Octopus City Blues super secret manual! Please select a topic:
1) Game making for dummies
2) Ranking of coolest insects by number of mandibles
3) OPERATION BEEFWORM
4) Tentacle count vs. competitors
5) Corporate culture and ethics
6) Systems
7) Redacted

>> Systems
Welcome to Systems manual! Please select a topic:
1) Gossip
2) Stress and guilt
3) Back-shaving
4) Tentacle climbing
5) Spin-dash (TM)

>> Gossip
The gossip system is the central mechanic of Octopus City Blues for interacting with Non-Playable Characters (NPCs). Gossip can be acquired through conversation or by observing NPCs and events, and it can be used like items. Gossip serves as a way to discuss various topics with NPCs and can add new responses to dialogue trees based on what Kaf knows.

Each gossip topic can have several versions with various truth values. In the full version you will be able to select the active version you want to share with people. This allows you to lie or tell the truth to different individuals, and to manipulate events in your favor. You should be really careful about what you share with NPCs, because it might anger them or lead to unfavorable outcomes. If someone trusts you with a secret and you go around telling everyone about it, it's very likely that the original person will find out and would react accordingly. With that said, sometimes it's advantageous to lie to people or anger them, so there are always different outcomes for the dedicated octofan to explore.

Gossip allows you to learn more about NPCs and the world, to find hints that will help you in quests, and to open new dialogue trees or scenarios. Your reputation with individual NPCs and factions is important, and gossip is one way to influence that. It is also a currency of sorts, and many NPCs would be happy to share juicy news with you if you're willing to pay the price.
<EOF>

>> main page
>> OPERATION BEEFWORM

SECURITY ERROR. UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DETECTED!
CONSTRUCTING GUI TO TRACE YOUR IP ADDRESS. ADDRESS FOUND.
SENDING THE SPIDERBOTS. PREPARE YOURSELF FOR IMMEDIATE LIQUIDATION.
.... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... .... ....
T0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09ET0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09ET0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09ET0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09ET0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09ET0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09ET0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09ET0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09ET0NUT0JMT09EIElTIFRIRSBCRVNUIEJMT09E

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The game is on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404286485

Update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostinabottle/octopus-city-blues/posts/1123389

Bonus: The Design of Octopus City Blues
Warning: The following contains many spoilers for the demo. You can download it hereif you haven't already.

Hello everyone, this is employee no. 208, one of the many professional Octosim designers working on everyone's favorite fever dream, and today I want to talk about the design of the demo and some of the things you can expect moving forward. One of the main ideas behind Octopus City Blues is to be as implicit and subtle as possible. Unlike some other products, we don't start the simulation by explicitly telling you how "your choices matter" or "Daisy will remember what you said", and we don't expose any of the multitude of hidden variables that shape your experience. Based on that, the very idea of talking about the design of the simulation is at odds with what we set out to do. However, I feel that it's been a while since the demo was released, and we have made a few design mistakes that obscures the true complexity of the demo experience. It's probably a good idea to talk about the demo in the context of the full version, to let you know what to expect and to help you understand why it's taking such a long time.

8iIMuFR.png

The diagram above shows the structure of the main scenario in the demo. You can click on it to view a bigger version. The design of OCB is a balancing act between having a lot of (hopefully meaningful) choices while keeping things simple enough and within our budget. There are multiple ways to break into the Professor's mansion for example, but once you're inside the different paths converge. With that said, the entry method you choose can have a big impact on the endings and scenes available later. Your choices matter, but branching is kept to a reasonable limit.

There are two main design problems we perceive with the current demo. The first one is that not all choices are equal. Using tentacle hormone on the sick tentacle outside the mansion is a very obvious and straightforward approach, to the point that most people don't realize there are other ways to get inside. The demo lacks a proper introduction and can be quite confusing for new players. We don't think players should be told what to do or be given too many hints, but in this case many players didn't even realize that gossip could be used like items. Gossip is the most important mechanic in the simulation, and most of the demo endings aren't reachable if you don't utilize it.

The second problem is related to the first one. The impact of your choices should be recognized, and you should feel that picking A over B can change things considerably. Like I said earlier, we wanted to be very implicit. The point isn't to play the demo enough times to get all the endings, but to give each player a somewhat unique experience even if they only tried it once. You shouldn't be told that "this choice will matter later" because it trivializes the other choices and takes you out of the experience, but you should still feel the weight of your choice. Stepping on beetles is certainly fun, but the Professor doesn't appreciate it, and several endings depend on his attitude towards Kaf. I wonder if most people realized the importance of that choice. If they haven't, then we should work harder to warn the player without directly saying "stepping on beetles will change the ending".

Both these problems stem from a difference between our expectations and how players actually behave. We wanted to make a vague and open experience that focuses on exploration and intuition, but we might have gone too far. Instead of demonstrating the complex web of choices and consequences many players only get the easiest ending and may assume that's all there is to it. In the future we will try to do more extensive beta testing and watch players try the simulation. We will also find ways to train the player to recognize alternatives and choices without explicitly stating it in a tutorial.

You can imagine how hard it can be to design branching systems like this, and that's not even accounting for all the dialogue we write for different gossip interactions. But we believe that it's worth it in the end if you could experience all of Octopus City Blues and then talk to a friend about it, only to find out that each of you had a very different experience. The choices made in the demo lead to different endings, but in the full version they will influence future quests and interactions. You can later visit the Professor's beetle fan club if you've convinced him to start one, and see the club growing and becoming more influential. Alternatively, the Professor might be dead and his mansion inaccessible for the rest of the simulation. In another playthrough he lives on and continues his reign of terror.

The moral of this story is to treat your beetles with respect. Suppress your reptilian brain and watch your step, or kill all of them if that's what you really want to do. Will you be a paragon of light or a disruptive renegade? The choice... is yours.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some changes to topic based dialogue and NPC schedules: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostinabottle/octopus-city-blues/posts/1315533

Changes to Gossip

The Knowledge or Gossip system is the most important mechanic in Octopus City Blues. The original idea was to treat gossip or factoids as items which can be used on NPCs and other objects. Not all gossip is equal, and you have to be careful about the things you share with people.

712df1ef63b32b5cf80e4d30c7eacc22_original.gif

Old Gossip System

In the old system, as implemented in the last demo, gossip had a hierarchy with similar facts grouped under a topic such as "Beetles" or "Vagrants Guild". You acquired individual facts by talking to people or interacting with the environment. You could then approach people and use the field menu to share gossip. In particular, the Professor's quest allowed approaching the Professor with various beetle facts, and by selecting the right things to tell him, you could earn his trust or animosity.

There are a number of issues with this system:
  • Outdated information: most of the beetle gossip wouldn't be applicable after the Professor's quest, but it was still accessible in the menu.
  • Adventure Game's Bane: such a system encourages players to try every type of gossip on every NPC, and that's not particularly fun. Most NPCs had generic responses for gossip categories (e.g. they will give the same response for all beetle facts), but players might try to exhaust their numerous options just in case there's something worthwhile.
  • Boring design: the design of the Professor quest was lacking, simply using good or bad beetle gossip to manipulate a hidden trust variable becomes very mechanical after a while, and it's not the type of interesting NPC interaction that we wanted to do.
5f93596a88530d1dda73513c972ceeeb_original.gif

New Gossip System

These concerns led to a small but major change in the system. Instead of having to worry about individual "factoids", interactions with NPCs are now based on gossip topics or categories. For example, instead of opening the menu, selecting "Beetles", then selecting a particular fact such as "Die if flipped over", you now simply select the topic ("Beetles" in this case) to initiate an NPC interaction. Most NPCs will have one response for the topic as a whole, but in other interactions the individual facts come into play as additional dialogue choices. An example is in the redesigned Professor quest, where instead of feeding the Professor one fact a time, he now challenges you to answer a series of questions about beetles. This might seem like a trivial change, but the conversation becomes somewhat more interesting and you don't have to manually go through a list of options.

Changes to NPC Schedules

NPC schedules were intended to make the game's world more dynamic by giving most of the city's inhabitants their own daily schedules. You could follow them around town as they go home or to work, and their schedules could change over time. This sounds cool on paper, but there were several problems with the implementation:
  • A considerable amount of additional animations are needed to have most NPCs walking around the city in 4 directions.
  • We had to come up with interesting schedules for each NPC, including having them go home at some point. This requires extra planning, and sometimes it requires extra locations and art as well.
  • Bugs, a lot of bugs. Perhaps we have a lousy programmer, but while the scheduling system works fine for a few NPCs, it introduces a lot of potential for NPCs getting stuck, poor pathfinding and lower performance. All of that could probably be fixed, but...
  • The value of these detailed schedules was questionable, especially when you consider the alternative discussed below.
We've decided to simplify this system for most NPCs. Some NPCs still keep detailed schedules, particularly if these schedules are relevant in the main story quests. The rest of the characters will have simplified schedules that work on daily basis. For example, you can find the twins digging for dinosaur fossils in the Plaza on odd days, but they will be pickpocketing passengers in the Centipede Station on even ones.

The schedules don't have to be binary, we also have a 5-day week system in place, and we could have NPCs doing something different every day. The main difference is that you won't see the twins physically moving from point A to point B. When a day ends, you get a screen with the new day's name and date, and all NPC locations and animations change afterwards.

This change saves us time and resources, and will help us focus on more important things.[OOC: excuses and more excuses, just like the real GiaB! :P Just kidding, please don't send the spiderbots after me...] We still want to city to feel dynamic and lively. The random dynamic events we talked about in the initial KS pitch will still be around (e.g. giant tentacle randomly exploding or a politician giving a speech in the plaza), and we are still planning to flesh out every NPC through quests and interactions.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:desu:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostinabottle/octopus-city-blues/posts/1498131

Ghost in the Bottle 2: Innocence

Ohayou! It's been a while since I posted here... gomen ^^;. I was really busy lately. I recently moved to Akihabara which has always been my dream. Now that I'm back on my feet it's time to update your favorite anime review blog! This time I got something special just for you. It's a review of this obscure Nihonese series you probably never heard of. 俺の妹は瓶詰幽霊。マジで! orMy Sister is Really a Bottled Ghost! (the name doesn't translate well into an inferior language like English >_<) has easily become my favorite slice of life / magic girl anime, and I'm happy to finally get a chance to review it!

Last Season Recap

Ghost-chan is a chuunibyou high-scholar who recently inherited her family's multinational business empire, Ghost in a Bottle Inc. Ghost-chan struggles to run a successful business while dealing with the ramifications of her newly acquired magical powers. However, it will take more than a heart of gold and a natural aptitude for driving giant mecha to organize a successful cherry blossom festival and put PROJECT OCTO back on track.

c41e10662a5833d68bd1c5982100c880_original.png

Ghost-chan being moe

Last season Ghost-chan took the initiative of overhauling the project's introductory section. She also oversaw the creation of many new locations within the GiaB-sponsored virtual world OCTOPUS CITY, including a full-fledged game center and playground. She had a lot of help from her best friends, a hikikomori artist and a washed-up composer. With that said, some things didn't go smoothly for Ghost's family business. Distracted by the kaiju invasion and their full-time jobs, Ghost-chan and friends couldn't dedicate enough time to their growing enterprise, and the road to authentic Octosim simulation was a bumpy one.

Season Premiere Review

Since last season, the multi-national zaibatsu has been working on a variety of new locations and content. Most of it is too spoilery to post here, but one cool new virtual environment is the Conman's House of Wonders in the slums of the Robot Graveyard. As you probably remember from last season, the Conman is a sleazy cyber agent who helps Ghost-chan navigate the virtual maze of Octopolis. His so-called House of Wonders is the one-stop shop for all sorts of weird gadgets and contraptions.

f470fd56978b729a3d5a2b8e72f0c310_original.png

Conman's House of Wonders

This episode highlighted Ghost's struggle with the company's performance -- a recurring theme in this series. Progress is being made, but things take much longer than estimated. Last season she tried a lot of different ideas to improve the process, but things are still difficult with a small team. So Ghost-chan set out to enlist the talent of a master tentacle artist. The name of this wise guru wasn't revealed in this episode. Whenever he showed up, his face was covered in the shadow of his samurai takuhatsugasa (traditional straw hat). Ghost-chan had to fight the enigmatic man in her magic girl form, and while she failed to defeat his dragon transformation, he was still impressed by her effort. I'm sure the next episode will tell us more about this mysterious geezer and his role in the future of the fictional conglomerate.

bffcc46a83aa49b87e78b8e104f42b87_original.png

G.O.S.S.I.P

This season continues some of the ideas from last season, including some big changes to the G.O.S.S.I.P system. Ghost-chan had to rework large parts of the simulation to incorporate the system, but the end result is definitely worth it. The premiere also introduces a new and creepy opening theme. Check it out:

https://d3mlfyygrfdi2i.cloudfront.net/321f/kickplayer.swf?audioonly=true&controlbar.idlehide=false&controlbar=bottom&file=https://d15chbti7ht62o.cloudfront.net/assets/005/436/579/1892d7dcc2bf3bd71bef03f8da18f894_original.mp3?1456587403&skin=https://d3mlfyygrfdi2i.cloudfront.net/cc3a/kickskin.swf

The episode ended with a little chibi animation asking viewers to vote for their favorite horse-Kaf design. Kaf is Ghost-chan's avatar in TENTACLE WORLD, and apparently he will transform into a mutant horse in a future episode. I am posting the proposed designs below, so that followers of this blog could vote on them. Which one do you like the most?

aff617d21c545073fc9d09f6c530720c_original.png

Design A

ab02f3c8eb0dd4977a62705a77240866_original.png

Design B

e2a00c4c3aaee9748d7f82365b204301_original.png

Design C

To conclude, I really loved the season premiere, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Next episode should air in April, and you can expect another anime review from yours truly, Jason "Girugamesh" Masamune.

Uh, so the longer demo in April, I guess.

Last edited:

Lucky

Arcane
Quite the opposite, creativity begets creativity. Playing around for a few minutes with otherwise dull work is similar to taking a refreshing nap. Little touches like this were what convinced me to put down a hefty pledge in the first place. The 'company' website is like that too.

V_K

Arcane
Quite the opposite, creativity begets creativity. Playing around for a few minutes with otherwise dull work is similar to taking a refreshing nap.
Not in my experience, I usually need long recharge periods between doing any sort of creative work. Guess that varies from person to person. And might also depend on what you do for a living.

Lucky

Arcane
Not in my experience, I usually need long recharge periods between doing any sort of creative work. Guess that varies from person to person. And might also depend on what you do for a living.

From something like this update, too? I've mostly seen that kind of reaction over larger or more emotional works.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostinabottle/octopus-city-blues/posts/1579221?ref=dash

Octopus City does not exist.

I've been trying to tell you for months now. I made the whole thing up: Ghost in a Bottle, centipede trains, tentacle puns. Yes, I realize how crazy I sound right now. I know that Octopus City is important to you—it's also very dear to me, but you can't continue living this delusion. It's just a stupid video game, fictional images and words and ideas inspired by some bad 80s movies.

How many times have I told you this story? And yet you continue to confine me in this small cell, relentlessly asking me the same questions. Sometimes I think about simply giving you the answers you want. It would be easy to admit that the city exists, that it's not some silly game that I, the raving conspiracy theorist, came up with. Doing that would doom Octopus City Blues. I still have to finish it after all; something I've been doing poorly for the last few years.

Look, I am trying my best here. All of my team is. People count on us out there in the real world. We had a lot done recently, but there's still plenty to do. You still don't believe me? In my briefcase you'll find a folder with some work in progress pictures. Here, check out some of the stuff Marina did recently:

c061197546d24c6e682a998b21160b8a_original.gif

8ff1c37e9efce712dea662d904a550ef_original.png

I challenge you to find these places in Octopus City. You won't find them because I didn't add them to the game yet. Still not convinced? Recently we got a new addition to the team. He's not a stranger to this project, as he was involved in a very early iteration years ago. Frankie has already started working on several sprites and animations, and you can find a few of his film reels in the briefcase.

2a851df7b84839f9086af2c14da4456f_original.gif

e494edea2e50451963de8f96094042fd_original.gif

What's that? Pictures and films don't prove anything? Well, I was working on something myself. You'll find some pictures showcasing the new font rendering system, which allows us to display text for complex scripts such as Arabic and Japanese.

3a006bbd9cbba01ed40eea7fd10f3024_original.png

84d79604c30d7a0c53af48c094671367_original.png

You never asked yourself why text hovers over your head when you speak? That's not how people talk in the real world! What I'm trying to say is that you don't exist. You're a character in a game, a game I intend to make if you let me out of here. We're slowly getting there, and it will all start with a new demo to be released in the coming months. Now if you're wondering about the full game, the planned release date is the 8th of-

Where are you going? I'm not done talking to you. Huh? Who are these people? Where are you taking me? No! Not room 101... not the spider bots again! Please, anything but that... I will do whatever you want... I will say anything... I lied, I lied.. Octopus City is real, you're real... I'm a liar... please get this thing off me... no, not in my ear... no....

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The Lives of Mothers

W00t! an early holiday gift 2 all u spiffy c0mRadeZ in armz!! teh entire Gho$t in a Bottle email archive haxd and leak'd by urz truly, ~=ShadowDaHedgefund92=~!!!1 pathetic p0zerz liek DharmaAndGregFanboy1 said i couldnt do it & here i prove every1 wrong again. Bow 2 ur l33t senpai as she exposes teh evil mega-mega-corporation, this 1 is 4 u MAGI (Momz Against GiaB Inc, duh!)

see, all it took was a Protocol 7 botnet tunneled thru a visual BASIC reverse proxy... once the MDOS took the GiaB auth gateway, a 0 day buffer overflow in init daemon allowed code exec & GiaB gets epic haxorz pwnage! i couldn't believe it myself. . . n00b sysadmins didnt even configure crontab magic quotes to block sql injection :cool:))

tons of sweet digz in this gold mine, stuff 2 bring GiaB down 4 good. u can dl teh entire 14TB encrypted file, but heres somethinto get u excite:

3489fec2a9f9c1483013d9f0e6088791_original.png

Wo0oah!! rare sneak peek of top secret arts... u saw it here 1st!

9765a4a1653a13a56bcbdbd959629a65_original.PNG

muzak too! ch-chek it out teh skillz:

Music link : https://d15chbti7ht62o.cloudfront.net/assets/014/798/707/3e6ddf93a037f74c99a09ff404ce44ea_mp3.mp3?2016

68b82fba28b7c027604ed8a9f1f5043d_original.PNG

evil corp in league with teh evil net algoz. what does it mean!!?!

62868b4ca0f15325bf0ce30c8443c7e6_original.PNG

51c3a07ef7c1243b0d4f9b6b5d5dfc0c_original.png

Moar evil, twisted, immoral arts #camrip

5c413a0373db76553a4c1b4ab6107e96_original.PNG

now u know what this tasteless corp does with ur precious private Data!!!!1!and u thought Googl$ was bad... at least this transaction doesn't involve any "monies" xD

9a524f579244a3df06958f4c4b09dd08_original.PNG

what can i say?? look at this here, this... this will NOT be tolerated! Say NO to GiaB & NO to Octoblood. capitalism and nihilism and all i$ms are teh sux0r!

there's plenty moar where that came from. dl teh archive urself and dig thru millions of similar emails. so far i couldn't find much about teh mythical demo, let alone full version of their octopus wareZ, maybe it doesn't even exist... looks liek they're pushing that demo release back several months, prob to add even more crappy Contents. As for teh full thing... who knows, maybe next year is teh year of desktop octocity sim, they're cranking out all teh arts & musics & stuff, so we gotta do our best to stop it before its 2 late!!!

N'joy & till neXt time, DoritoLeHedgefund93 over & out 8-^) (in ur face DharmaAndGregNo1Fan)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ghostinabottle/octopus-city-blues/posts/1758058?ref=activity

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
the homepage, the concept, the dev blogs and updates...the games not even out and it's already a wonderful piece of performance art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom