Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Of witchers, games and graphic cards obscura

Gord

Arcane
Personally I don't find the effect of using a FPS limiter to be all that big.
I don't really like the feeling of 30fps and some fluctuations between ~35 and 50 (with an average in the upper 40s) feel better to me than constant 30.
The effect might be more pronounced if I add some more eyecandy, though.

Perkel

Arcane
It is not about effect but fluidity.

If you play with mouse then you will hardly see it because mouse movement is rarely fluid where in case of pad it is fluid all the time

Gord

Arcane
Hm, don't know, I never played with a pad.
Anyway, with my current settings I don't get wild fps/frametime fluctuations, so it's ok without a framelimit.
However, I could go for a 30fps limit and up some settings for slightly better visuals (e.g. go for native res instead of one "step" lower).
I've played around a bit with it and in that case it definitely feels better playing at constant 30, since frametimes suffer a lot more apparently.

What's great is that W3 allows changing all that stuff without having to restart. Makes testing various settings much more convenient.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've got the hardware and the game 2 days ago and I'm enjoying it so far. Not Game of the Millenium by any means, and certainly the reviews on mainstreams sites are overrated (didn't read, just guessing, i only read 'dex reviews), but so far it's a very decent game. Good atmosphere, exploration, characters and story, albeit combat is meh, but a bit improved over old witchers.

uIRP3TR.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah game at times can look aboslutely mindblowing considering it is open world game with size bigger than Skyrim.

DOefTyO.jpg

rNuOKNA.jpg

ySOgIEc.jpg

lZj29El.jpg

3ORDwVm.jpg

LapDkcD.jpg

0mfP6EG.jpg

1a5Q3l2.jpg

UwzclZ2.jpg

BnfriDg.jpg

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've got the hardware and the game 2 days ago and I'm enjoying it so far. Not Game of the Millenium by any means, and certainly the reviews on mainstreams sites are overrated (didn't read, just guessing, i only read 'dex reviews), but so far it's a very decent game. Good atmosphere, exploration, characters and story, albeit combat is meh, but a bit improved over old witchers.

uIRP3TR.jpg
didnt even know those things exist >_>

Perkel

Arcane

uIRP3TR.jpg
didnt even know those things exist >_>

They don't he made it himself.

(though there was once external GPU from Fuji-Siemens for Amilo laptops) and rumor goes AMD will soon unveil something like that just more standardized (aka usable for all)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom