Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Codex Year of the Donut

Norfleet

Just wait until you realize that until you sink billions of EC into that character, you are functionally indistinguishable from AFK and your success or failure is entirely based on who carries you and not anything you do.

Also, how the hell did you manage to BUY anything? You are new and there hasn't been a services sale since then. You don't even have the EC unlock, you DON'T EVEN HAVE THE ABILITY TO HOLD MONEY. What the hell did you buy?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
i wish i had your kind of money.
I never spent any real moneyz on Zen. But when you have Norfleet breathing down your neck for years, nagging you to construct additional pylons and aquire moah minerals efficiently pointing out ways to farm minerals, it does pile up after a while. And when a 40% off flash sale cometh, you start buying a lot of ship shaped boxes for the looks- I mean traits, TRAITS of course.

And then there is admirality. IF I still cared enough to invest an hour a day just to cycle through all my pylons I could afford another starbase by now. :hahano:

Codex Year of the Donut
ANjC7zI.png

Norfleet

Oh, you've learned that stunt, have you. Did you remember to pick SCIENCE SHIPS with your free cards?

Codex Year of the Donut
thought there was a continuity error in a mission, had to sit down and map out the timelines to realize I was wrong
this is getting a bit confusing

Drakron

Arcane
At that price, yes.

When I read it I assumed it was T3+T6+T6 that would still be expensive but alright but no, its T3+T5+T6, at 12k Zen its fucking nuts were even at 6k is pushing it since its one actual ship you will use, ever with a couple of overpriced cards (OK, the T3 card is alright) and the whole thing is simply random stuff they thrown in as a bundle, the weirdest thing the Constellation model being remade with no T6 to use then after they in their wisdom made sure you only buy T6 ships to use with their scaling ship thing.
Granted its not the worst Lock Box ship in the bunch, the Bentan Assault Cruiser is but then again, its way overpriced just because its a Lock Box ship, its only "value" is because of distribution method.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Whoever buys that really deserves to be laughed at.

Most of the uniforms were given for freez at some point, which means nobody ever bought them in the shop before. And that T5 Failaxy can be bought with the the lvl 60 something token if you really want it. So you are pretty much shelling out 6-12k for the Miraderp Raider. PWE must have the bestest whales in the world in their playerbase.

Norfleet

Hey, 6K for a lockbox ship isn't bad. Would be a HELL of a lot more expensive to buy that the regular way. 12K is pushing it, but like it says on the label, only a total sucker would pay full price.

For reference purposes, the equivalent cost of doing it the regular way works out to around...333K Z.

Drakron

Arcane
Well yes because these games make money out of people that are both willing and capable of spending such amounts of money, single or not ... STO was for the diehard Trek Fans all there was, I suspect they going balls deep in Discovery made then loose money and I think they wised up to the fact if this became Star Trek Picard Online, the game will keel over and die since the audience it build were people that longed for the old utopia and sense of exploration and not ... what Discovery is.

In fact this move is from our current Executive Producer that did a lot of questionable decisions since as much I would love to blame this on Al Rivera, until Andre the monetization scheme followed a exact same path, last year we had a hilarious cheapo Anniversary Bundle, I am will go on a limb and say this aint it so anyone that buys this crap should be expecting another 10-12k Zen bundle in about 3 weeks.

Drakron

Arcane
I shouldnt double post but ... let me say this.
Dont buy this bundle, save money for the anniversary bundle as I just caught some wind of what will be on it and if its true ... well, lets say I can now say Game's Dead.

Codex Year of the Donut
I shouldnt double post but ... let me say this.
Dont buy this bundle, save money for the anniversary bundle as I just caught some wind of what will be on it and if its true ... well, lets say I can now say Game's Dead.
Imagine buying lootboxes in a singleplayer game with chat lol

Drakron

Arcane
Imagine buying lootboxes in a singleplayer game with chat lol

Not loot boxes, ship bundle ... Anniversary usually had a ship bundle since the 2nd Anniversary (when the Anniversary ship first became a thing), at start it was just 6 ships (3 Fed/3 KDF) then 9 when Romulans were added until last year were he had kinda of a joke bundle.
This year if true its ... going to be interesting considering they said two things would never happen, Endgame Connie (and that did happen, twice) and playable Borg ships.

it's larper paradise. would you enjoy playing make-believe? it's perfect, you can customize down to very tiny details every bridge crew member and can write for you and them a bio as long as you want. and then their skills, and their equipment.

Norfleet

And then pretend you are somehow actually participating in content while people who are outlandishly rich carry you to success.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom