Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Official codex Star Trek Online topic :salute:

Codex Year of the Donut
I'll admit my knowledge of star trek lore isn't great, but having factions in the first place seems like a bad idea that was probably forced on them by higher ups to be more like WoW.
The game feels entirely made for a Starfleet pov

Drakron

Arcane
Oh [Citation needed] then?

10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Standard Bundle

• Cost: 30000 Zen
  • Opening Sale Price: 19500 Zen
  • 20+ Ship Costumes, Including One New, Exclusive Costume for Each Ship
  • All of the Ships' Consoles and Traits
  • 10 Ship Slots (Once Per Account)

10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Premium Bundle
  • Cost: 45000 Zen
  • Opening Sale Price: 29300 Zen
  • 20+ Ship Costumes, Including One New, Exclusive Costume for Each Ship
  • All of the Ships' Consoles and Traits
  • 10 Ship Slots (Once Per Account)
  • 10 Master Keys (Once Per Account)
  • 10 Infinity Research and Development Packs (Once Per Account)
  • 10 Enhanced Universal Tech Upgrades (Once Per Account)
  • 10 Phoenix Prize Packs (Once Per Account)
  • 100 Lobi (Once Per Account)
  • 1 Epic Phoenix Prize Pack Token (Once Per Account)
  • 10,000 Dilithium Ore (Once Per Account)
  • Exclusive Title: Legend of the Quadrants

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/s...3-10th-anniversary-legendary-starship-bundles

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Three hundred dollars for ships. This is funny to me because earning things is the point of games like this.

Norfleet

People are never happy. It's funny, because they specifically whined that they wanted this in the C-Store, and would be willing to pay moar for it rather than having to gamble for it...

Well, they got what they wanted.

Three hundred dollars for ships. This is funny to me because earning things is the point of games like this.
What, you think I pay money for this shit? YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!

Codex Year of the Donut
People are never happy. It's funny, because they specifically whined that they wanted this in the C-Store, and would be willing to pay moar for it rather than having to gamble for it...

Well, they got what they wanted.

What, you think I pay money for this shit? YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!
I honestly don't get the complaint. I already have something like 2000 cryptic shekels and get ~150 a day without trying.

Norfleet

You have the benefit of being exposed to me in this thread, and my constant exhortations to CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS. Other people...don't have this understanding.

At least you've outlasted Blaine by now. MAYBE you might be ready to withstand full-strength no-fun mode.

i wish i had jewfleet's kind of money, but i just can't have his patience. once i set ships and officers for ONE toon i'm fed up. i wanna larp and pew pewpamole.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Best part of the new feature episode: my toon got assimilated and started repeatedly hitting Michael Burn'em in the face. Thank you Cryptic, I was waiting years for that moment.

Seriously, even in those missions, everything that womyn touches or says makes me angry. :argh:

She almost done got Brobisek killed with her pacifist pussy ideas. Not on my watch! Especially funny because my toon was a Romulard, and Romulards execute Hakeev themselves. Because Brobisek is a bro and gives us the chance.

Codex Year of the Donut
New missions were pretty good. Main complaint is the awkwardness of boffs, wish they were integrated into the story even if it's only a couple of them.
Seven doesn't respond at all to bringing the doctor as your boff :negative:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
New missions were pretty good. Main complaint is the awkwardness of boffs, wish they were integrated into the story even if it's only a couple of them.
Boffs are never integrated, because players are entitled to field an armada of scantly clad bridgebunnies. Exceptions were babbies' first Boffs, because those missions are not repeatable.
The one time they DID integrade one in repeatble ones was Tovan Khev. So they had to make him undeletable. Players went "MUH FREEDUM!" for months.

Lession learned. :hahano:

Codex Year of the Donut
Boffs are never integrated, because players are entitled to field an armada of scantly clad bridgebunnies. Exceptions were babbies' first Boffs, because those missions are not repeatable.
The one time they DID integrade one in repeatble ones was Tovan Khev. So they had to make him undeletable. Players went "MUH FREEDUM!" for months.

Lession learned. :hahano:
Hell I'm not even asking for then to be a major part of the story, just a couple lines of reactivity to certain boffs or something adds a lot imo.

Norfleet

They can't really react to most boffs because there's nothing specially identifying about the great majority of boffs.

i haven't followed your ramblings, have no interest into it, have no idea what you're talking about but i want to chime in anyway, such is the power of the internet.
my boffs regularly spoke during missions :V they do, as long as you gave them a role. my scientific officer spouts technobabble and my tactical officer suggests to beat the crap out of anyone. of course it's just generic mission specific and fixed drivel, but they speak.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Isn't this coming out on PS4 soon? I wonder how awful the port is...my PC is too much of a dumpster to run it.

I might have asked this before but I wasn't invested in the question. Now I am watching Trek again so I am into it.

How much do you need to divert power and whatnot in the combat? Is it like Starfleet Command?

I'm probably hyping myself up too much.

Drakron

Arcane
They can't really react to most boffs because there's nothing specially identifying about the great majority of boffs.
That's their fault for not using an important boff

Look this was build on the Cryptic engine that wasnt designed with companions in mind, they had to cheat with Tovan and even then it broke when it had to do it with him as a BOFF since I seen that scene play out more times with another BO that with him, this is why they stopped doing it because they cannot do it since as far the game engine cares, they are just pets and the only way they can reliable do it requires then to be set as NPCs.

Isn't this coming out on PS4 soon? I wonder how awful the port is...my PC is too much of a dumpster to run it.

Its been on the PS4 for years now, you can check it but game been officially dead since they put a Borg ship on a loot box ... heck the firesale reached a point were not they are now selling ex-Loot Box ships directly ... first the Miradom Raider on the Picard Pack and soon the NX as well the Disco, Kelvin and Prime Constitutions. They are basically grabbing all the money they can now ...

Bigg Boss

Arcane
So I am downloading this thing now. I figure worse case scenario I can pretend it is a singleplayer game and LARP about. More to come in the days ahead.

Codex Year of the Donut
So I am downloading this thing now. I figure worse case scenario I can pretend it is a singleplayer game and LARP about. More to come in the days ahead.
I play almost entirely singleplayer, there's a ton of stuff to do.
It's refreshing to play an MMORPG that actually has depth to its mechanics considering how 'streamlined' they've became. tbh I have a lot of fun with the duty officers, something enjoyable about finding the right missions and collecting good duty officers.

Some tips:
Like most MMOs it has A/D bound to rotate your character(why?!) by default, rebind strafe left/right to A/D.
Lower bloom intensity(under advanced) to something like 25% so it doesn't burn your retinas.
Just… unbind shooter mode. Don't bother using it, unbind it because 'b' is a nice keybind for something useful. The ground mode you'll want to use is "RPG mode" AKA "not retarded mode"
There's a ton of options regarding controls for both modes(ground, space) that you'll have to play around with to get it to your liking.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You should also disable double-tap to dodge roll, since the roll does fuck-all and you have times where just little tappy tap adjustments of where you stand are important.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom