Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ok, I'll just go ahead and make an Elminage thread now about translating them all! (Into English)

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Knowing Japanese would be great but the truth is it's not worth any one person's time to learn the language if all you are going to do is play a handful of Japanese games (like these Wizardry clones), as opposed to playing a lot of the Japanese only catalog, read mangas, and watch hentai anime. Not to mention these games require a level of mastery of the language that you simply weren't demanded when playing Pokémon in English when you couldn't speak a word of the language, like I did when I was a kid.

Translations would be so much easier to come across if these games had the proper modding tools.

Hyperion

Arcane
Learning a language is ALWAYS worth the time if you've the time and discipline for it.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Learning a language is ALWAYS worth the time if you've the time and discipline for it.

Let me rephrase: learning Japanese isn't worth my time and same for the people who are in my situation. If you have the time and discipline for it, anything is worth it.

Viata

Arcane
1 hour per day and you are done. If you want to learn a language fast, then yeah you'll need more time, but if learning fast is not that important, spending 1 hour per day is pretty good. The more language you know, the better things get. As said by Hyperion, "learning a language is ALWAYS worth the time".
Besides, if you lack discipline, you suck as a human being and should just give up on life.

Tarrant

Educated
:::low-level thread necromancy:::

Am I right in saying Elminage Gothic 3D Remix for 3DS was never translated to English anywhere by anybody?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
why not just do something you're good at, get paid, then hire a japanese translator to do the translation for you?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
why not just do something you're good at, get paid, then hire a japanese translator to do the translation for you?

How much would that cost, I wonder?

Dunno but Japs generally cannot into English so I'd imagine Japanese translators are quite a bit more expensive than for an European language.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom