Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Old Blood Bowl season stuff

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
THE TIME WAS UPON US ONCE AGAIN

Pi546H1.png

BBManager & BB client info
League name: RPG Codex Honour League
password: decline

ImageHallOfFamePlayersCompact.aspx

ImageHallOfFameTeamsCompact.aspx

ImageGraveyard.aspx

#1. Blood Bowl can be a serious time commitment - take this into account - you must be able to play at least one match per week. If you are not sure you can do that, you probably should not apply.
#2. Look at #1 again and make sure you can play one match per week before applying. All coaches that do not play their matches within the weekly timeframe of the matchday will have their results admined. They will also be scorned.
#3. There will be a week's break for Christmas / New Year's eve / etc
#4. We are going to play Cyanide's Blood Bowl Legendary Edition. You must have a legit (as in with a working multiplayer key) copy of this to participate. You can of course also use Chaos Edition, though it's not required.
#5. We are using Steam's instant messenger to organize matches. If you hate Steam with all the passion of your heart and won't install it, tough luck.
#6. Maximum Team Value (TV) for teams registering is 1400, this obviously also counting gold reserves. Fresh teams are much encouraged as well!
#7. Your team must have at least 11 players to play in the league. Other than that, there are no restrictions on TV. You can play with 11 Snotlings and a TV of 220 if you really want.
#8. This tournament will feature all participants in one league. Two best teams in the league will play against each other to check their Honour in the finals.
#9. There has to be an even number of teams, so odd players will be put on the reserve list.
#10. All Blood Bowl rules implemented into LE as Classic Mode apply, including fouling (we actually encourage fouling, as it is very fun).
#11. After a match is played, one of the participants will have to send me the replay file. The file will be used to verify if the game was played fairly (as in no farming) and for statistics with Blood Bowl Manager. The game will not be validated if the replay is not provided.
#12. Alternatively, and preferably, you can upload the replay to BBManager yourself, as it's not that hard. I can then download it from BBM to watch it.
#13. Situations not covered by the rules will be dealt with using common sense.
#14. Newfags and veterans alike are much welcome!!!
#15. To apply, provide following information:
Steam name - Cyanide name - timezone (in GMT/UST format) - team race (can be changed later) - team TV (for carry-over teams; otherwise just type in NEW)

EXAMPLES:
[1]
Roxorowski - Darth Roxor - UST+1 - Lizardmen - 1150

[2]
dumbfuck
fuckdumb
GMT-3
Goblins
NEW

Applied:
codex name..............steam name.............................bb name............time zone........team

Darth Roxor................Roxorowski.................................Darth Roxor...............+1.............Lizardmen
RK47..........................farkov47.....................................r3dknight...................+8.............Humans
Absalom.....................Fagsalom...................................Fagsalom...................-6..............Goblins
Stompa......................el_kamikaze...............................Stompa......................+7..............Dark Elves
Desocupado................deso..........................................desocupado................-3..............Necromantic
Jaedar........................Jaedar.......................................Jaedar.......................+1..............Elves
Hoverdog....................reason and dignyty of a dog.........howerujoncypies........+1..............Norse
TripJack......................JackOfTrips................................TripJack.....................-6..............Undead
Grunker......................Grunker......................................Grunker.....................+1.............High Elves
Berekän......................Beercän.....................................berekan.....................+1.............Amazon
CrimsonAngel..............Waage83...................................Waage83...................+1.............Nurgle

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
*clears throat* As the de facto champion of the last league, my honor demands I participate in this glorious event!

Stompa

Arcane
I'm up for it, I've been missing some quality Blood Bowl butthurt in my life.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm up for it, as always!

I'll just add an addendum:

Darth Roxor said:
1. Everyone needs to play one match a week or it's set as a draw to keep the shit going forward (breaks as needed for big holidays).

IMO the win should be given to someone if he is clearly visible and trying to make it work while the opponent is absent. Otherwise I agree with all 4 rules.

*clears throat* As the de facto champion of the last league, my honor demands I participate in this glorious event!

De facto champion my fucking ass. I had that league down until hoverdog went suspiciously missing :rpgcodex:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why the hell not.

Just please no d0rfs. Also no tweaked teams with 11 players and rookie linemen just to get under 1400 with star players. I'm looking at you Grunker

Firstly, I started that league with 12 players. I had to fire one lineman because I went 20.000 over the allowed TV after the last grind match. Secondly, I'm going to give my players exactly the skills I'd like, fuck make-believe rules. Thirdly, I don't think we should make rules about which teams are allowed to join and what skills they can take. People play what they play and if you dislike it, you can trash talk them (see: me when I played Skaven (AV7 so broken omg) or Exmit when he played Orcs after winning a league ('cause he's a faggot). Blood Bowl isn't for whiners.

I can accept rules that all joining teams over 1100TV must have 13 players though. That seems fair enough to avoid abusing entry rules. Or that we go for full stunty, if people want to start crying that someone made CPOMB team or whatever. But if we go with butthurt patch-work rules and ban half the league's favourite pet-peeve teams (d0rfs, chaos, orcs or whatever else people cast their hate on these days), I'm out.

EDIT: Also I'm thinking about using my Underworld team. My Troll's got AV8 and Underworld kind of sucks, but hey, they're pretty fucking fun. If not, I'm going with something gruesome. I'm still butthurt about not being allowed to play the finals last time.

Last edited:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
People play what they play and if you dislike it, you can trash talk them (see: me when I played Skaven (AV7 so broken omg) or Exmit when he played Orcs after winning a league ('cause he's a faggot). Blood Bowl isn't whiners.
that's what I'm doin', G-butter:codexisfor:no need to get all defensive about it

I can accept rules that all joining teams over 1100TV must have 13 players though.
IZ GUD

Absalom

Yeah I'd play
2. TV limit of 1400 on applying teams to prevent too much shameless powergaming, 1turn-tds and clawpombs.
Why not fresh teams? Course, my 1400 tv vamp team is merely passable, instead of powergaming:negative:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Nothing's stopping you from making a fresh team :M

I intend to get in with my 1120 lizards with only 1 block saurus for massive turnover extravaganza :M

hoverdog

Developer
Yeah I'd play
2. TV limit of 1400 on applying teams to prevent too much shameless powergaming, 1turn-tds and clawpombs.
Why not fresh teams? Course, my 1400 tv vamp team is merely passable, instead of powergaming:negative:
1300-1400 is a decent spot where early powerhouses (d0rfs!!!1) aren't grossly overpowered, late bloomers (like Chaos) start to be useful and stunties have enough $$$ to buy cookpot/bribes.

Absalom

Welp, turns out my vamp team was 1600+ TV. Rolled up a new one and getting skill ups on pub trash in case this actually happens.

oscar

Arcane
I haven't played in about five years but I'll try brush up

ED: ah damn, thought you guys meant FUMBBL

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Welp, turns out my vamp team was 1600+ TV. Rolled up a new one and getting skill ups on pub trash in case this actually happens.

Otherwise you can always fire some players and bring it down (as long as you keep to 13 players if Darth Roxor wants to enforce that rule?). I'm going to have to fire one or two players if I plan on running my Underworld team.

Absalom

Otherwise you can always fire some players and bring it down (as long as you keep to 13 players if Darth Roxor wants to enforce that rule?). I'm going to have to fire one or two players if I plan on running my Underworld team.
Eh I wanted a fresh start anyway since my skill ups weren't distributed evenly enough

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

De facto champion my fucking ass. I had that league down until hoverdog went suspiciously missing :rpgcodex:
You sure did son, you had losing that league to me down to a science! :M

I would assume you only need to have a full team roster, which is 11 players unless I'm misremembering? Forcing coaches to have 13 dudes on the roster doesn't make a lot of sense imo, especially for some teams.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I would assume you only need to have a full team roster, which is 11 players unless I'm misremembering? Forcing coaches to have 13 dudes on the roster doesn't make a lot of sense imo, especially for some teams.

Almost all teams play 13 players. Enforcing that rule avoids "I'll grind 11 players to 1400TV, join the league, play one match, then hire two subs immediately."

I dunno, was just a suggestion.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
"I'll grind 11 players to 1400TV, join the league, play one match, then hire two subs immediately."

that's a sound plan of course

until you lose your first match 3:0 and get a few dudes chainsawed :troll:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
"I'll grind 11 players to 1400TV, join the league, play one match, then hire two subs immediately."

that's a sound plan of course

until you lose your first match 3:0 and get a few dudes chainsawed :troll:

I guess, I'm just saying. That's what happens in most leagues with a TV cap since you can effectively bypass a bit of the cap :)

I don't really care too much personally, though. I'm just happy with a cap that doesn't mean starting another team from scratch.

Also, scratch my gruesome commentary from earlier. I'm pondering High Elves. It's the only team I haven't played much and I've always wanted too. Plus, without an elf team, who are people going to hate and murder?

EDIT: OR KHORNE, OMG. Please start this league so we can get underway Roxor :M

hoverdog

Developer
I'm yet to decide from:

lizzies - very powerful, somewhat fun
norse - mildly powerful, very fun
gobbos - very unpowerful, extremely fun

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I recommend goblins (they are covert OPs):troll:

anyway let's see if I can get this league set up

I've never done this shit before so I'm expecting much rage and confusion

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
is this how it should look like?

tM1T84.jpg

because I have no idea about the entire left column and this is confusing and there are no manuals or pop up hints

halp

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom