Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Old Blood Bowl season stuff

panzertoter

Arcane
Ok, thx for advice. I'll stay at LE for now. And learn to play it.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is more down to the fact that i had super bad luck yesterday.

I am trying to move into a bigger apartment, but it needs to be in the right place and for the right money and after almost half a year of searching i find the perfect one and then it burns the fuck down..... So i had a really bad day.

Then the Game bugged out and i had only 10 players on the field with my Warrior going AFK and then i had the worst die i have ever seen and any one that have played me knows i get bad die from the start so it is 2 a clock at night and i might be homeless and have to move in with my mom in 2 months if i do not get lucky so i was kind of in a bad mood.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Ok, totally off-topic - is it worth upgrading LE to ChE for 10$?

You get 3 teams of which 2 are meh and one is fun. 10$ should be werf it if you want them.
well, one is totally fucking useless (S3 team with all frenzy but no block? why not!), one is underpowered but mightily fun (mutations galore!) and the last one is very powerful and fun ( :tips fedora: ). I'd buy it myself if it was for 5 bucks, no more.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
satan.png

Human pride displayed. The elves were not protected from Plot Armor this time.
Knights scored 3 killed 1 and injured 4.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, then. Looks like... ITZ HERE :necro:

mylFoo.jpg

The final will be played on wednesday, 8 pm gmt+1
7aEeHR.jpg

I will also stream it to entertain the cyanide bb-less masses on my twitch (you know the drill: http://www.twitch.tv/roxorowski ), although I might be forced to do this with no or minimal commentary, lest the grunks tune in and hear about my SECRET TACTIX

TripJack

Hedonist
tasteless lizards vs tasteless elves :1/5: would not watch

thanks for the season bros, i laughed i cried i raged i got a little better a blood bowl and i learned to hate cyanide :salute:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Look at it this way: Now you have incentive to participate in next tournament!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
sneaking & fouling is not tasteful behavior :obviously:
Well, you picked two tackles for your wights.
Shd've gone Mighty Blow for one of them, bro. Quicker SPP and take downs.
With your Mummies and MB Wights, most teams would just get 2DB'ed repeatedly. AV Breaks, and blammo. Number advantage.
But ST4 Tackle before MB isn't too shabby.
You've improved Jacky. I hate to see it happening.
I must destroy the sapling before it grows into a full willow tree.

*picks up mic*

Ahem.
As another season draws to a close, we must not forget that Blood Bowl is a continually ever-changing game of meta. Failing today may not lead to decline. The team always grows from experience. We must always believe that our team can get better (Except Goblins and Vampires. Especially Khemri. Fuck that noise). It's a game of chance. Almost any action has a chance to fail, and almost any action has a chance to succeed. It's up to you to alter those outcomes to favor yours. And the opponent does the same, it's all down to coaching experience and risk management.

Bravado, is a double edged sword. To some people, a 2 GFI-1D Blitz with a rookie zombie just to apply pressure on a ball carrier would seem like an insane choice, but what if it succeeds? It happened in front of me. And I couldn't believe such a stupid move worked. One lightning bolt later, and I wasn't laughing when I was forced to tell the thrower to stand up, dodge out of TZ, make a pickup and complete a long pass. I held my breath when the catch rolled 1. Reroll. Pass completed. Phew. Fuck you, Tripjack. I fucked you.

'It was too stupid to succeed, but succeed it did.' - Steam Chat Log during Match

Therein lies the 'risk tolerance' and the beauty of the game. There are no 100% guarantees. The first LOS bashing could lead to 3 Badly Hurts or just 2 pushes and 1 skull. (Fagsalom knows this.) The risky coaches may even risk AG3 dodges or early GFIs just to squeeze that extra mobility from their team. How far are you willing to push your luck?

Others won't even resort to 1D block / AG3 Dodges until there's no other options are left.
While some won't even hesitate to dare the opponent on 2GFI-Blitzes on their lone ball carrier.
You laugh and cry depending on the outcome, that's Blood Bowl.

Build your team, love your team. If you don't believe in your team, don't play it. Every SPP counts. A double can change the meta in many ways. Never be too afraid to change things up. If you think something is wrong, try fixing it. It's part of the fun. I cannot guarantee you Blood Bowl 2 will be a permanent fixture. I certainly won't get it.

But Blood Bowl? Let's keep playing it. It's fun. Don't complain of terrible AI when there are people out there who love to bash your skulls in. I don't know if there are any future seasons planned, but hit me up anytime on steam if you want another match.

ninja.jpg
I have 5 human teams in my roster. Take your pick. :lol:

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tired of elven faggotry?

join_ripped_scalies_by_ripped_saurian-d68td5j.jpg

Blodges keeping you down?

800px-Lizardmen.jpg

Bet all your brofists on your reptilian overlords today!

happy-lizard.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The above post is sponsored by the Undead Phoenix Society For Scaly Appreciation.

For the record, I will gift each finalist a steam game of their choice costing no more than x. Where x is 1€ per SI/nig, SI/-stat and RIP they cause to the opposing team, and which is not removed by the apo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom