Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Old Blood Bowl season stuff

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Well, playing with really well-developed teams (you know, over 20 matches, TV skyrocketing over 2k, superhero 6th level players, that sort of thing) is something I've never experienced before. So that's what I'd like to try at least once. Of course, if there are a lot of new players or support for (mostly) fresh teams, I'll oblige and play a 1300TV party once more.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Okay faggets, so I was thinking about starting a new season in mid-january, gonna open a new thread dedicated to it in a week or something.

I think we'll just go with the default rules - 1400 tv, 4 minute turns, free for all structure. For additional drama could end the first phase with semis + final instead of just final.

I was considering lowering time per turn to 2 minutes, but we gotta think of the noobs. P. much the same with 1400 limit, going in with a fresh team sucks if you have to get pulverised by 1600 d0rfs on your first day.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I really vote for 4 min turns as well. Beyond that, like I said, I don't mind. Let us know when you've created the thread and thanks for running the league Rox :salute:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
4 Mins - just to let the inexperienced players figure out the game.
I'll sign in with a non human this time cause cutting Knights again is just too painful.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Like I said before, it would be ideal if you could set turn times to 3 minutes. It's not that punishing, but still forces you to quicken your decisionmaking, and obviously shortens gaemz.

But of course with Cyanide it is only possible to choose between 4 and 2 minutes a turn :nocountryforshitposters:

Stompa

Arcane
After staying up late and getting up early to play with people on the other side of the Earth, I welcome 4 min turns with open arms. Can't imagine the derp if the time to think was shorter.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Chaos edition is currently on steam sale for 4.5 euro. (85% off). I am now proud owner of new teams.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chaos edition is currently on steam sale for 4.5 euro. (85% off). I am now proud owner of new teams.

Guess I'll have to sign up with fresh underworld now instead of goblins for the next season
tumblr_mu3scjR7k01shaex9o1_250.gif

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I played a game of chdorfs and found them terribly boring. So I'll be swinging Necro as planned. Currently a fleisch golem is highest level on the team.

Absalom

Underworld is actually good, though :australia:

Will Schadenfreude return, for an easy league championship?

They might. Having a hell of a time leveling these goddamn vamps. Fucking dwarves straight up murdered 3 thralls

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Got BB:CE for Darth Roxor. But the ungrateful git already bought it himself. So if anyone who is participating in the tourney needs it, I've a copy to spare. :3

[edit]
RK47 claimed it

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
do they have humans in there

BB_Chaos%202014-12-29%2002-00-19-69.jpg

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Underworld is actually good, though :australia:

It's a quasi-joke team imo. Full of av7, no reliable catchers or runners, p. terrible linos. It's certainly hella lulzy, though, and can get pretty trollish when you get a team full of big hand goblins and 3 clawpombers.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
It's a quasi-joke team imo. Full of av7, no reliable catchers or runners, p. terrible linos. It's certainly hella lulzy, though, and can get pretty trollish when you get a team full of big hand goblins and 3 clawpombers.
still better than khorne.

RK47

Patron
Khorne still better than chorfs
:smug:
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

That stony-expression on his face did it for me. He just rode the bull and scored.
That 2nd touch down triggered the chaos dwarf butt-hurt, but Corypheus armor held strong till the final turn.

04.jpg

DAI Team Coach: :thumbsup:
Dorf Team Coach: :shunthenonbeliever: PASSING KHORNES!
end.jpg

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I've played Underworld till my penis exploded with warp energy. They're definetely a troll team (geddit :troll: ), just a tad more reliable than Ye Olde Goblins. You'll often find yourself the luckiest player in a match and up three players, yet without any reasonable route to victory.

That said, they are hilarious to play and developing them is a joy of crazy and unpredictable.

As for what I'll be playing, I am currently considering Dark Elf, Khemri, Norse and Vampire.

RK47

Patron
Hey, Warpstoners get mutations. That's great imo.
Contrast it to Khorne who got no M access.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am thinking a wood elf team. Either that or i sack a bit and get down to the right number for my Nurgle i dont know.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I don't think I have to start a whole new league, right? It should be enough to just kick everyone out of the old one, adjust rules and invite new dudes to season 2, roight?

RK47

Patron
1400 TV Caps. Gotcha.
BB_Chaos%202014-12-29%2023-13-56-24.jpg

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't think I have to start a whole new league, right?

Maybe you should setup a new thread with the details and tag peoples though, so there's clarity as for how much time we have to grind etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom