Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Olympus 2207, Fan-Made Fallout-Like, English Demo Released

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Olympus 2207

Olympus 2207 is a Russian fan-made game utilizing the Fallout 2 engine and set in 2207's Silicon Valley, with different factions vying for access to a fortified skyscraper called "Olympus." Today, the English demo for the game has been released, in which you start off as a kid inside the shelter, Fallout 3-style, sharing candy with your first love and doing a couple of fetch quests, and then the game continues 10 years later.

Olympus 2207, while being more than just a yet another Fallout total conversion mod, is a post-nuclear game set somewhere in the US Silicone Valley. You take the role of one of the survivors of the global atomic war, taking shelter under an immense skyscraper that mysteriously survived the bombardment. Death or glory awaits... or is there no glory to claim?

The game uses Fallout 2 engine, however tons of visuals (including video, animations and static images) were done from scratch. The game also uses a lot of ambient music, which, in our view, nicely fits into the game theme. In this English demo you will be able to experience all of the above, as well as try out different paths to success.​

I've even taken three screenshots of the demo for you: Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2, Screenshot 3.

Want to experience it? Then grab the demo here.

Spotted at No Mutants Allowed

Grim Monk

Arcane
Downloading now, thanks for the :salute: heads up Bee.

I noticed this project a while back, and then nearly forgot about it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There are some bugs on Win7.

Edit: After the first 3 quests, the game simply crashes when
mom calls you

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Didn't crash for me, so you must've run into a critical bug or something.

Probably.

Basically:
1) If I overwrite an older savegame, it crashes.
2) If I don't save, it crashes when trying to go to bed.
3) The NPCs don't move after some playing time.
4) I don't know if it was intended or not, but the dialogues lines for the doctor quest seems to be random.
Maybe these guys need some beta testers.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Haha oh wow when you said "Fallout-Like" you weren't kidding. :lol:

Looks like it mite b cool though, loaddowning now.

EG

Nullified
Pretty graphics . . . must acquire. How's the dialog? The screenshots do it little favor.

skyst

Augur
I made my typical F1/2 character, physically weak but intelligent, perceptive and charismatic. I was not sure if any of my skills or stats were factored into dialogues because everything was said in broken English and read pretty retarded anyway. I was upset that the demo ended when it did, I would have liked to see what laid beyond The Purgatory.

Does this game have an English release planned? I think my love of F1/2 made me like Olympus 2207 more than I should have, but even knowing this I want to play more.

KickAss

Augur
Last time I was excited about a soviet Fallout-like game, it turned out to be that abortion of a game called "something something Replicants".
So unless the final game gets awesome feedback on the Codex, not going to bother.

Yannos

Educated
I like the whole retro Fallout style but the beginning is boring as hell... does the demo actually contain any action aside from beating up the bully? I was slogging around with the water cans when my game crashed so yeah...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Why is a wrench... suddenly a key?

The English translation needs a bit more... work.

The whole growing up as a kid thing isn't really pulling me in...

That re-worked interface is beautiful. I really do not like that huge resolution they are using though.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I feel really dumb asking this, but can I leave the first area? Guard asked me to get beer, and my brother said to look at the parking lot...just how do I get there? Every exit is blocked by guards, and I can't find anything else to do...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I feel really dumb asking this, but can I leave the first area? Guard asked me to get beer, and my brother said to look at the parking lot...just how do I get there? Every exit is blocked by guards, and I can't find anything else to do...

There are 3 quests that you have to do:
1) get father wrench
2) beat the bully
3) get medicament for Stella (actually you have to talk with the daughter)

Then the mother calls you and it sends you to bed. You awake 10 years later ... or with a bloody memory leak popup shitkjfuckdjkhf :decline:

Pelvis Knot

Cipher

Well, in Croatian the word for wrench is ključ, and the word for key is also ključ, I guess it's something similar in Russian. Inept translation obviously.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Well, in Croatian the word for wrench is ključ, and the word for key is also ključ, I guess it's something similar in Russian. Inept translation obviously.

Yeah. I kind of figured there was something in Russian that is just not translated well in English. Most of the rest of the translation is however not bad.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Click on the doorway behind the guard asking for booze to go down.
The other guarded doorway along the same wall goes up to the parking lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom