Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

On the shoulders of giants: a new multiple choices LP!

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, gonna go with B as well, A doesn't give us any advantage, D is too far up the mountain, and C, though it could be well-defended, will also be a severe impairment should we need to escape suddenly and quickly.

oscar

Arcane
We would be surrounded on all sides by water.

flood_morris_manitoba.jpg

I'll go the mainstream AAA popamole route and vote B. Can't see why anyone wouldn't, in the current circumstances.

Lindblum

Augur
B, if the water levels rise too much we can retreat up the mountain only to die to Avalanche/ Rockslides.

Vernydar

Learned
D

An old wizened man is trying to explain his vote in the council

"I say we should go upward and explore the caves on the mountain. Sure the river is very important, but higher up we will be closer to the sky, safer from the beasts, and we can take shelter in the caves if they are safe.
There, we can keep the fire spirit alive much better, and when the rain comes down we will have shelter. Same for the cold in the cold season.
The river will still be in reach, and I think being protected is worth some more road to walk every day..."

Going with D for two reasons here.
Protection from elements, shelter, protection from beasts as in the rp post above.
And, I want stone. We need stone, I want as much stone as possible. Near the river we would be very limited with the stone, especially if we want to build something. After all, it's not like we have the wheel, carrying stone everywhere with our arms is NOT convenient.

AstralStorm

Educated
I also vote B, all terrain is best. In case we need zebras, we can likely cross the river, build a bridge, etc.
C and D are good fallbacks, but not nice for primary location. Both have features that limit growth, esp. D, which stands for Dwarf Fortress.

Curufinwe

Learned
Jeez.... now that's a majority vote... didn't expect that tbh. Well, spot B it is. On to the next event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

images

The council, with the overwhelming support of most of the tribe, decided to stop just on the other side of the river. Crossing wasn't easy, and some of us drowned, but in the end we managed to find a nice place, with running water, some wood and ample space to have our zebra graze grass.
Seasons passed and we soon learned to cope with the river's moods. When the days grew short we would huddle closer to its banks; when they grew longer again we moved away, since we knew it would grow bigger. Some of us learned to float on its water without drowning, but only the strongest and healthiest could do so.
We lived in the open, under the sun and the sky. Our herds kept together by the tamers, our fires lit by the Keepers, our numbers replenishing and growing even larger.
But something, that need to know more, struck us again.
Our scouts, always eager to explore the world around us, asked the council: 'We should mount some expeditions and follow the river downstream, to see where it goes.'
The scavengers, always worried about finding things, shook their heads: 'We need to focus our strength on learning even more about the river, especially how to catch those strange, shiny animals swimming in it.'
A few of the hunters jumped in the debate: 'We cannot ignore the big rock for much longer either: we live in its shadows and yet we know nothing about it. Our first scouts, seasons ago, reported spotting strange beasts. We should investigate.'

So, yet again:

A. Send a well equipped and outfitted scouting expedition downriver, to see what's there.
B. Focus on learning the ways of the river, especially regarding fish.
C. Mount an hunting expedition on the mountain, strange wildlife was spotted there.

Vernydar

Learned
C

A young enthusiastic hunter tries to sway his fellow villagers:

"We should go and explore the big rock that towers over us! We have seen strange animals, surely we shall find something worthy to hunt there. After all food is still a concern for us.
Also, the big rock is strange. Near the top, we see it is white. Maybe we can find some powerful spirit hiding on the big rock, that shall make us stronger like the fire spirit did.

Certainly, it is tempting to go and see where the river goes, but it is something we can leave for later, when we have more food.

As for the river, I do not trust it, or any of the creatures that live inside it. After all, it is the enemy of the fire spirit! How can we trust things that live inside it?

No, I say we go and explore the big rock, high above us."

Monty

Arcane
All options offer benefits, but A is the least tangible as B & C seem to offer a definite alternative food source. It would be good to get to A and B in time, but for now I think C (sheep or goats?) fits in best with our existing taming skills. It would be good to upgrade from eating horse all the time.

C

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
All options offer benefits, but A is the least tanglible as B & C seem to offer a definite alternative food source. It would be good to get to A and B in time, but for now I think C (sheep or goats?) fits in best with our existing taming skills. It would be good to upgrade from eating horse all the time.

I completely agree with this, and vote for C

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't know, since nobody's spotted any large predators so far, the river is a pretty safe source of food and other benefits - and later leads to A, or whatever other option we might have to travel, trade, etc. C is interesting too, but also more uncertain, and locks us in. Undecided yet.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
C - It was the mountain spirits we came here for, no? New animals doesn't sound so bad either, it will give us something more to eat and if they are hairy we would have something warmer to dress in should it become cold.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
C, obviously. As Jack noted, it was the damn reason why we came here in the first place. No point in making the huge trek here only to stop at the base and never venture further. We skipped the chances to go full fish-mongers and nomads before, may as well roll with being cave-dwellers.

Kz3r0

Arcane
C. Mount an hunting expedition on the mountain, strange wildlife was spotted there.

C. Hey, I'm sure those huge things with fangs and whiskers will be our bestest friends! Let's try to hug them! :love:

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
I'm slightly concerned that they 'strange creatures' will turn out to be Shoggoths and the story will take a sudden Lovecraftian turn.

Curufinwe

Learned
I'm slightly concerned that they 'strange creatures' will turn out to be Shoggoths and the story will take a sudden Lovecraftian turn.

Oh, come on. It wouldn't be that bad, they're harmless...

images

See, they even made Shoggoth plushies.

On a sidenote, what are you people becoming, an hive mind? Last few updates had almost unanimous votes :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom