Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Once - Turn Based Strategy

Beowulf

Arcane
[...] So, i can show interesting results soon, i suppose! [...]

Great. Just pop in from time to time and post news about progress.

I was in a mood for a TBS the other day, and was browsing strategy forums, when I remembered that I saw some new game in the making, that looked somewhat interesting and wondered what was going on with it.

Lainur

Arcane
Developer
Update.
Some changes were made:
1. All game modules like the editor, skirmish battle, global map mode - now connected into one. I can make changes end test more quick and easy.
2. Add "turn completion" button. It appears near the "End turn" button if some of your units have unused ap, or can attack enemies, do some actions. When all units have done their actions this addition button will disappear. Also, it works like "next unit" button on click.
3. Armies receive experience points according to their actions in battle. There are two types of exp.points: exp. points for overall unit level and current experience - which is decreased when you reinforce units
4. In the global map mode, after battles, units now correctly increase or decrease their parameters like: fatigue, morale, experience, training level e t.c..
5. For tests, i made one more global map with nine territories.
6. Unit Management mode functions(recruit, upgrade, reinforce) now work correctly.
7. Abilities which units gain with levels now work, increase stats and helps in battles. Also unit level affects the army damage and health regardless chosen abilities.
8. When fight monsters on the global map and win we receive rewards.
9. When we attack monster lair, monsters appear around our army start position.
10. While testing new passive skill i added a new unit - it named Spiker and it's like a turtle from Super Mario bros.
10. Following abilities tested and work correctly.
Spikes - Increases Damage when unit retaliate enemy's attack. And also increases damage if attacking unit is charged.
Back Stab - Increases damage from behind and from flanks
Frenzy - The more rage points unit have, the more damage it does.
Stand your Ground - When a unit in defense stance in has increased damage, takes less damage and also a unit with this trait always have little more evasion.
Spear Wall - Increased Damage in defense stance and increased damage against charging units.
Scorpion Poison - Chance to poison enemy in close combat. Light poison decrease health of each unit in the squad each turn, but no less 5%.

Also, when a unit is in the defensive stance in has increased evasion, shield block, and takes less damage. Of course, while it has counterattacks left.

Some of these changes in the following video:

Last edited:

Lainur

Arcane
Developer
Technologies added and random encounters are improved.
When a player sends forces on exploration if mistlands or on lair raid, force can find some interesting events on the way( it depends on army size and luck). Monster encounters are not impacting these events, so you can find treasures or places even without a fight.
screen1.png
According to the level of the encounter, we receive various types of treasures: gold, people, squads, tech and so on..

Battles with monsters now can be of two types: Random monsters/ Special battle. There is a list of monsters in each mist zone. But also there is a list of factions in each zone too. So, factions impacts on monsters list in the zone, but also there can appear monsters without any factions, like mist hounds, scorpions.
So this is the encounter with random monsters:
screen2.png
And this is a Special battle(Bee hive)
screen3.png
Some encounters appear only in lairs(spiders nest), some on mistlands open spaces( Bee Swarm). Also, some type of monsters appears only in these encounters, and some special rewards appear only when you fight in Lairs.
screen5.png

screen142.png
Added log-book, where a player can look detailed what's happened between turns.
screen7.png

Each country has a list of technologies and technologies available to learn. There are 4 groups of technologies, each demands relevant type of resource: social, war, domestic or politic.
When you learn a tech, new techs can be revealed, and some can be removed from the list of available technologies.
screen8.png

screen9.png

screen10.png

According to these new factions and random encounters, lots of new units were added. Also, graphics of mistzones was changes to more realistic style:
screen11.png

screen12.png

screen13.png

Lainur

Arcane
Developer
Land quest battles were added.
Each territory has several sectors. The number of sectors depends on territory size.
Each sector can has location and quests. Locations produce resources, units and other benefits to player, but only when location is clear from quests.
Quests can grow up in levels, mutate with time, if player don't clear it.
Also, when player clears sector and claims it, this can help in defence of the whole country, because attackers will destory forts in sectors first and foremost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom