Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

One of the best games I've played this year

Wulfstand

Prophet
And wouldn't you believe it, it's and adventure game!

It's called Lost Horizon, a game produced by Deep Silver, and it's apparently the third game in the installment. However, it's got a completely new plot with different characters, so you don't have to play the previous 2 games to enjoy this one (hell, I'm saying this from personal experience).

It's basically Lucas' Indy games' spiritual succesor, having some of the best hand-drawn backgrownd images I've seen in any game, great voice-acting, pretty easy plot, it has a great light-hearted humor, it's fun and exciting and it never gets dull.

Here are some videos that I could find in a few:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl0FR7rGyZc&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeAZZ5D ... r_embedded

Trust me on this one, you won't regret trying this game. I certainly haven't.
:love:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
It's basically Lucas' Indy games' spiritual succesor, having some of the best hand-drawn backgrownd images I've seen in any game, great voice-acting, pretty easy plot, it has a great light-hearted humor, it's fun and exciting and it never gets dull.
:love:

Wulfstand

Prophet
I meant to say pretty easy puzzles, but then again the story isn't really that complex either.

Achilles

Arcane
It looks really nice, color me interested. Two questions::

- You say that the voiceovers are good. Did you play the german or th english version?

- I saw some scenes in the trailer that looked actiony? Are there action elements or is it a true adventure?

Wulfstand

Prophet
The english one, and it has so far british and chinese (most with their typical broken english, except for the chick) actors voicing, I've played only like 1 hour though.
No, there are no combat elements to the game, although there are alot of action-packed moments, which are resolved by puzzles, like any true adventure game.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Getting this right now. If it's even half as good as I think it might be, I'll be buying it friday

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Meh, everytime you see a girl with an unhappy face carrying a tray in one hand while hiding the other behind her back, you can be sure she is hiding a weapon of some sort.

MapMan

Arcane
comic graphics.

1281043805617.jpg

Felix

Arcane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeAZZ5DRFY&feature=player_embedded
1:32
crotch punch?

You are easily amused....oh well, that the hell.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Felix said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeAZZ5DRFY&feature=player_embedded
1:32
crotch punch?

You are easily amused....oh well, that the hell.

That wasn't the type of humor I was talking about, hell, that ain't even funny.
It's all about the 'small' jokes that blend perfectly, since they don't suffer from Lucas' and Telltale's 'try hard' affliction.

Oh and there's also humor in some of the situations you'll face throughout the game, but I'm not gonna spoil any one of them.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Just got to the monestary.

So far, it's quite decent. Voice acting leaves a bit to be desired, but the puzzles have been logical and made sense. I like the Examine Scene function a lot -- I never liked pixel-hunting puzzles.

CrimHead

Scholar
The best game I played this year was Starcraft 2. If you don't agree, hey guess what suck my cock.

RatFink

Educated
absolutely gorgeous game!
bought it yesterday! its funny at times. especially when it is referencing indy :)
kinda easy tho...

on the downside..FUCKIN ANNOYING LITTLE CHINESE CUNT!
and the fuck is up with the hero...what a fuckin douche...

needs more fedora and less whiny little bitch!

anyways i am having fun! good game! recommended!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I finished it a few days ago. It's one of the better English Translations for a game Deep Silver has done to date.

It was fun and enjoyable, and I especially loved the ending "Time travel" puzzle. Haven't seen anything like that since... was it Maniac Mansion? Good stuff.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars, just because it includes Nazi's and Ancient Temples!

:thumbsup:

1eyedking

Erudite
Jaesun said:
I finished it a few days ago. It's one of the better English Translations for a game Deep Silver has done to date.

It was fun and enjoyable, and I especially loved the ending "Time travel" puzzle. Haven't seen anything like that since... was it Maniac Mansion? Good stuff.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars, just because it includes Nazi's and Ancient Temples!

:thumbsup:
Jaesun liked it. Probably a shitfest.

Whatever, point-and-click adventure 'games' thankfully died a long time ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom