Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

only a codexer would have these..

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Nostradumbass, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Nostradumbass Scholar

Nostradumbass
    or someone worthy of the codex. either way, speak up, and share more box photos! :smug:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:incline:

• Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    :rage:

I moved a year ago in a hurry and had to toss all my old game boxes. I had all of those. All the Infinity Engine games. All kinds of shit. Some lesser men collect books on their bookshelves. I collected game boxes on mine. The only ones I couldn't stand to toss are my boxes of Syndicate, Wing Commander, Space Quest 4, Ultima 4, 5, 6. I regret tossing the rest... :(

^ Top  
  3. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    And for that matter. With all the bullshit hype and crap they put in today's games you'd think they'd still have big ass boxes like these. I miss huge boxes I really do :( they don't even give you proper manual nowadays. But maybe that's a good thing since according to game journalists, a manual over 20 pages is too long.

^ Top  
  4. Chaotic Lulz3r Educated

Chaotic Lulz3r
    I have all of these except for Alice. Life will happen and I'll have to get rid of most of them sooner or later, but they'll have to pry PS:T's, Quest for Glory Anthology's, Morpheus' and a few select other games' boxes from my dead, cold fingers. And they damn better hope my transformation to lich ritual doesn't work if they do.

^ Top  
  5. Secretninja Liturgist

Secretninja
    I had the UT original box (and unreal itself) and Half Life. I also got DX when it came out, but my computer died shortly after install, so I didn't play it for some time. All have been lost, seeing as my mom is an epic bitch (she threw away my dads old 8-tracks even, and sold his motorcycle at a garage sale while he was at work).
    As a youngster, I missed the Fallout bandwagon, and ended up picking the games for 9.99 at Target in a dual-jewel. Imagine my dissapointment shortly afterwards getting FOT for full price...

^ Top  
  6. .Sigurd Educated

.Sigurd
    I envy you fellow codexer.
    I only have Half-Life, UT and Deus Ex.

^ Top  
  7. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    [​IMG]

SHIT NIGGER IS YOU TUFF ENUFF?

^ Top  
  8. CrimHead Scholar

CrimHead
  9. CrimHead Scholar

CrimHead
    Fucking Baldur's Gate 2 manual is UNREAL. 200+ pages.

^ Top  
  10. obediah Erudite

obediah
    I've bought a wicked shit load of games since the 80s, and all I have left is a bunch of CD's a few cloth maps and manuals, and no tea.

^ Top  
  11. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    check out these awesome Wing Commander blue prints. Talk about awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's amazing is that these came with the normal edition. No super expensive made-in-China bullshit mass produced metal boxes. THIS SHIT WAS PRINTED IN THE US OF FUCKING A

I used to have these hanging on my walls before my first girlfriend laughed at me when she saw them. I put them away. Perhaps I'll put them back up.

^ Top  
  12. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    This thread is fucking depressing man. Fuck. Game over man, game over.

^ Top  
  13. DaveO Augur

DaveO
    ^ Top  
  14. ScottishMartialArts Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Only box from the list I don't have is Sanitarium. Everything else though I have. Or had I should say. The boxes were taking up too much space on my shelves so I got rid of the boxes, but kept all the manuals, quick reference cards, inserts, etc. Sometime I kinda wish I had kept the boxes, but had I done so my bookshelves would just have game boxes on them at this point.

^ Top  
  15. Secretninja Liturgist

Secretninja
    btw, this thread prompted me to torrent unreal gold (which I have purchased previously) for a replay. Also civ 4, for some strange sense memory reaction.

^ Top  
  16. Redeye Arcane

Redeye
  17. LittleJoe Arbiter

LittleJoe
    I love maps:
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  18. ScottishMartialArts Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    3rd edition map? Lame. Real nerds have the 1st edition Old Grey Box.

^ Top  
  19. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    'Least it's not the dumbed down 4th edition map.

^ Top  
  20. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    When I was in my early 20's I threw away all the boxes for my games. I did keep all the documentation (like those WC blueprints). I only started keeping boxes again after I bought my house. I still kick myself over the loss of my Ultima, WC, and KQ boxes from the 80's and early 90's.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. bhlaab Arbiter

bhlaab
    American McGee's Alice? Really?

^ Top  
  22. Hoodoo It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. relootz Scholar

relootz
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    In the first post, I have all of the games except Deus Ex (!) and Unreal Tournament, but Grim Fandango, American McGee's Alice and Half-Life are not in their original boxes, but smaller re-release boxes. I even have the US versions of the Fallout games.

In the second pic I have Blood, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate 2 and Carmageddon, but Blood came in a different box that's bigger than that Heroes box on the top shelf. I also have the original boxes for C&C and C&C: Red Alert, but not the expansion packs.

relootz: Which HoMM games are included in that collection anyway?

^ Top  
  25. reaven Educated

reaven

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)