Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

only a codexer would have these..

relootz

Scholar
Unkillable Cat said:
In the first post, I have all of the games except Deus Ex (!) and Unreal Tournament, but Grim Fandango, American McGee's Alice and Half-Life are not in their original boxes, but smaller re-release boxes. I even have the US versions of the Fallout games.

In the second pic I have Blood, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate 2 and Carmageddon, but Blood came in a different box that's bigger than that Heroes box on the top shelf. I also have the original boxes for C&C and C&C: Red Alert, but not the expansion packs.

relootz: Which HoMM games are included in that collection anyway?

I bought Red Alert too, i even still have the cd's but i lost the box unfortunately :(.

The HOMM complete edition contains all games with seperate music cd's and some other stuff.

top: Homm complete, Tiberian sun, TA, RA: aftermath, RA: counter-strike, DK2
bottem: MK3, Blood, Icewind Dale, HL, Forsaken (behind HL), BG2, Carmageddon, Carma 2 (behind carma 1)

Luzur

Good Sir
I moved a year ago in a hurry and had to toss all my old game boxes. I had all of those. All the Infinity Engine games. All kinds of shit. Some lesser men collect books on their bookshelves. I collected game boxes on mine. The only ones I couldn't stand to toss are my boxes of Syndicate, Wing Commander, Space Quest 4, Ultima 4, 5, 6. I regret tossing the rest... Sad

if anything you should be beaten with sticks in the town square. wtf mang, did you move into a closet? THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR OLD GAME BOXES OTHERWISE YOU SIMPLY MAKE ROOM.

and i need to charge some batteries before pics can happen.

Joghurt

Augur
I remember that even Half-Life Blue Shift had a manual that was around 40 pages and that was for a simple FPS game

Fens

Ford of the Llies
img1183v.jpg
img1182d.jpg
img1181u.jpg
img1180r.jpg
img1178i.jpg
img1176o.jpg
img1185d.jpg
img1184z.jpg

had to throw some away but these aren't negotiable

anyone remember the burntime manual ? 20 pages of introduction to the game and about 50 as a treatise on the dangers of nuclear fallout

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I still have my Fallout/Fallout2/Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2/Arcanum/Icewind Dale/Icewind Dale2/Pool of Radiance/Syndicate/Neverwinter Nights/Laser Squad/Project Stealth Fighter/Gunship/Silent Service boxes.

I miss the big boxes, but I also miss the small boxes from 80s :( .

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Other highlights from my collection (I'll be damned if I'm going to unpack the whole lot just to show you pics!):

# Original Syndicate box + original American Revolt box.
# Boxed versions of all three Discworld games.
# Original Loom CD box.
# The original box and stuff of Final Fantasy VII ( :oops: ).
# Original box of Dragon Wars.
# A still-sealed copy of Pool Of Radiance (Yes, the Gold box game.) along with original boxes of many other "gold-era" SSI games.
# Boxed versions of Ultima 7-9, plus both Underworlds + The Ultima Collection.
# Original boxes of both Dungeon Master games.
# Original boxes of the first three Lemmings games.
# Metal figures of troopers from C&C: Red Alert 2.

Plus tons of other stuff. All on the PC. Last time I tried to take photos of the whole collection, I needed 6 photos crammed with boxes. It's only grown since then.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
God damn Luzur, you are SPOILED motherfucker. Go thank your parents for that shit again right now.

hoochimama

Liturgist
Just me or some of you guys bought more than one copy of the same game?

Morrowind+ separate expansions + morrowind goty(which consists of morrowind+expansions) buying all bg1,2,nwn etc and then buying a compilation that consists of the same games you already bought?

Luzur

Good Sir
Dirk Diggler said:
God damn Luzur, you are SPOILED motherfucker. Go thank your parents for that shit again right now.

....sure, i'll call them tomorrow, but i hope you guys realize this is what you can achieve having a Job with a Salary, and not nice parents.

and this is not exactly all, theres still the Snes pile, the gameboy pile, my Commodore computers and assorted stuff.

DriacKin

Arbiter
Makes you wonder how many of those games he never finished or for that matter, even played...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom