Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

only a codexer would have these..

Silellak

Cipher
phelot said:
check out these awesome Wing Commander blue prints. Talk about awesome.
Wow, I'd forgotten all about those. :incline:

Luzur

Good Sir
DriacKin said:
Makes you wonder how many of those games he never finished or for that matter, even played...

except for a few of the C64 tape games and the accounting/salary programs for C64, the most of them.

all the NES games, the C64 disc games, the Snes games, the PC games, all SSI, all Might and Magic, all Ultima, all TES have been put to use.

100% of all the RPG's have been completed during the years either through emulators or using the real hardware., what is left are those japanese famicom disc games and 3 of the Apple II games.

ive been collecting since 1998-99 so ive had time to try them. its a pity though that my ex GF managed to get me to sell most of my PC stash, otherwise i would still have my Baldurs Gate I-II, Fallout I-II and Strife big boxes and other games.

A user named cat

Most of those older PC games in their original boxes are worth a nice chunk of change, hard to hold onto them when money is tight. I sold my original Planescape Torment, Fallout 1+2 and stuff with all their old school contents on eBay. PS:T went for almost $70 alone, oh yes.

Quilty

Magister
I thought about posting my collection, but Luzur has clearly won the thread.:shock:

Luzur said:
ive been collecting since 1998-99 so ive had time to try them. its a pity though that my ex GF managed to get me to sell most of my PC stash, otherwise i would still have my Baldurs Gate I-II, Fallout I-II and Strife big boxes and other games.

GFs and wives are incompatible with maintaining a collection. There should be a protection scroll for that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Luzur, you're totally awesome.

Except for this:

otherwise i would still have my Baldurs Gate I-II, Fallout I-II and Strife big boxes and other games.

Weak, dude, weak.

At least she's an ex now. You should've sold her instead.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Luzur. The Arcanum box. You have it upside-down. :<

Aww man seeing that collection makes me feel bad about buying/stealing digital downloads. What have people to show in 10 years? "Look at my gameslist on steam, it's pretty long huh? huhu derp hurr"

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Also... Dink Smallwood? Boxed? What the fuck?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I had to throw all my boxes out :/
Womenz just don't understand. Still have my Fallout and Arcanum manuals though.

Luzur's collection never fails to impress. There is another flaw in it however....

The Magic Candle 1 is not in the collection. And the Magic Candle 2 is the budget boxed version. Blasphemy!

Apart from that, excellent collection.

bhlaab

Erudite
uhhhh i have the cd rom of that 3d frogger remake around somewhere

not in its original jewelcase or anything but

analt

Scholar
DaveO said:
Luzur again for the win!

I dunno, the Origin shelf looks a little thin. Who has Ogre but no Savage Empire, Martian Dreams, Knights of Legend, Times of Lore, Bad Blood, 2400 AD, Tangled Tales and Windwalker? And there are things besides games on these shelves; if you don't have multiple closets devoted entirely to games, there's no way you can win a Codex pissing contest.

:Salute: to anyone who's actually played all the way through Legends of Valour, though. And kids today think they know bad games ...

Luzur

Good Sir
Luzur. The Arcanum box. You have it upside-down. :<

oh. sorry, its been fixed.

Also... Dink Smallwood? Boxed? What the fuck?

bought it when it was brand new, why, are they rare now?

You guys need help. Showing off boxes? At least collecting guns have better use.

believe me, i would sacrifice my NES stash for some automatics, but the laws of the nation are too hard on that.

The Magic Candle 1 is not in the collection. And the Magic Candle 2 is the budget boxed version. Blasphemy!

i know, MC1 is so damn hard to come by and MC2 is on my switch-out-for original list, i got that one in a deal i struck some years ago.

Do you have all goldbox games? I noticed only FRUA and Kryyn on your shelves.

did you look at the other pics?

Probably bought it just for the sake of owning the whole ES series.

i....preordered it before i knew how abysmal it would turn out to be, then i bought the expansions for sake of completion.

Luzur

Good Sir
analt said:
DaveO said:
Luzur again for the win!

I dunno, the Origin shelf looks a little thin. Who has Ogre but no Savage Empire, Martian Dreams, Knights of Legend, Times of Lore, Bad Blood, 2400 AD, Tangled Tales and Windwalker? And there are things besides games on these shelves; if you don't have multiple closets devoted entirely to games, there's no way you can win a Codex pissing contest.

:Salute: to anyone who's actually played all the way through Legends of Valour, though. And kids today think they know bad games ...

i know, but i am still collecting, been out of a job since this depression began so i had no chance to expand on it and besides, so many people collect Origin nowadays so prices keep going up everyday. and Times of Lore is in the C64 pic.

and i collect RPG's mostly, i wouldnt have the space to fit it all if i collected ALL genres by the same developer, so those non-rpg games are from bigger deals ive made.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If I was a woman, I would marry you, Luzur.

And any girlfriend that expresses any other emotion than awe and admiration at seeing that collection is not worthy. I'd kill for that collection.

Or even get a job, that's how far I'd go, because it's really that awesome.

Luzur

Good Sir
JarlFrank said:
If I was a woman, I would marry you, Luzur.

And any girlfriend that expresses any other emotion than awe and admiration at seeing that collection is not worthy. I'd kill for that collection.

Or even get a job, that's how far I'd go, because it's really that awesome.

had it been shoes by Dior then it would have been emotions of awe and admiration, but mostly its "why do you still have this junk?".

And also the Might & Magic fanboy award.

yes i do cherish that quaint little game series.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dink Smallwood is a humorous zelda-like isometric adventure/RPG produced and published by Robinson Technologies in 1997.

One of the unique features of Dink is its abilities to run Dink Modules (DMOD's) for unlimited adventure. Dink Edit is included with the game so you can make your own.

On 10-17-1999 we released the game as freeware, no ad-ware, no spyware and no strings attached.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom