Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

only a codexer would have these..

bussinrounds

Augur
Damn Cat. :drool:

Luzur

Good Sir
looks good, but, where are the boxed Commodore computers?

2r20nkg.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Don't have one, but I have an Amstrad CPC in a closet, along with all the games I played on it when I was a kid.

(No, I'm not digging that out.)

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Everyday I regret throwing my boxes out years ago when moving. I still have all the cds and manuals but not he damn boxes!

I know that feel, bro! :hug:
I only have a few old games (couldn't afford to buy many as a kid in the 90s), but none of them have boxes - I think my parents got rid of most of them while I was in the army (that's what you get for wanting to serve your country, I guess - in addition to living with your parents, of course). I've been thinking of picking some up on eBay, but most of the ones I'd want are rather expensive by now. :(

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
*Updated my collection*

I happened to stop by in a second-hand store here in Iceland, where one wall is entirely devoted to video games. Mostly console stuff and post 2001-era games in DVD boxes, but today there was a rarity: A boxed copy of Alone In The Dark for the PC in good condition. Box seems to include everything, floppies, the manual, some kind of newspaper with game-related content. I grabbed it, of course.

Will (probably) post pics later.

Astral Rag

Arcane
I like this thread.

A good friend gave me a copy of The Ultimate Doom for my birthday :love:

Also found a Residents game I never played before, I love that art style and enjoyed Bad Day on the Midway.

ds6bckmc.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
*Updated my collection*

I happened to stop by in a second-hand store here in Iceland, where one wall is entirely devoted to video games. Mostly console stuff and post 2001-era games in DVD boxes, but today there was a rarity: A boxed copy of Alone In The Dark for the PC in good condition. Box seems to include everything, floppies, the manual, some kind of newspaper with game-related content. I grabbed it, of course.

Will (probably) post pics later.

Reminder, please post those pictures.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I may just do that, pics of the DVD-case games I have, plus the handful of boxed games that missed out on the earlier run.

Owl

Cipher
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Great thread, bros. Too bad many of the photos from older posts are now gone. I would have liked to see Unkillable Cat's collection.

Let me show off my Ultima Underworld collection. I figured collecting all Ultima games would have been too time consuming/expensive, so I just focused on UW, which is my favourite game.

• Ultima Underworld 1 and 2, the original US floppy editions, sealed. I also have open box copies of these two.
  • Pouch with 6 metal runes from the UW1 box. The small ankh is not UW-related, it's from the Ultima 9 limited "Dragon Editon" box.
  • UW 1-2 Clue Books.
  • UW 1-2 CD-ROM re-release.
  • UW1 demo disk. It came with some editons of Ultima 7 I believe.
  • Pocket PC cd version, it runs on old Windows PDAs. It was pretty impressive back then, 100% identical to the pc version, not a dumbed down mobile port.

SPLow0u.jpg

The japanese stuff:
  • UW1 FM-TOWNS cd version. It came with a metal ankh-shaped mini sword/paperknife :)
    (FM-TOWNS was a japanese pc-console hybrid machine)
  • UW2 FM-TOWNS cd version.
  • UW1 for Playstation. It came out only in Japan, and runs only on japanese PS1 consoles.
  • "Game Fan Book" (Clue Book) for the PS1 version.
  • Clue Book for the japanese UW1. In this one, all the original illustrations of monsters etc. have been replaced with manga-style drawings :)
  • Phonecard with UW1 artwork.

mpCD26Z.jpg

Other bits:
  • Ultima 7 / Underworld: More Avatar Adventures. Very detailed strategy guide book for the two games with maps, item/npc locations, walkthrough, and some novellas expanding on the lore. Written by Caroline Spector, Warren's wife.
  • Armour-Geddon: strategy-sim game from 1992, my first original boxed game.
  • Need For Speed 1 Special Edition: from back when it was a good racing game, not the joke that it became later.
  • I-war, space sim.
  • System Shock 2.
  • The Terminator: Skynet from Bethesda. This and its prequel, Future Shock, were excellent, atmospheric FPS games with huge open levels, vehicles, etc. They introduced mouse-look to the genre before ID and Quake. I remember the first time I tried to play it: "So I'm supposed to move with my left hand on the keyboard, and aim/look around with the mouse? Are these people insane?"

KpmVVaE.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Great thread, bros. Too bad many of the photos from older posts are now gone. I would have liked to see Unkillable Cat's collection.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. This must have happened recently, as I used the same image server roughly a month ago.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
My boxes:
CiRoThO.png

n4WOkZI.png

ma98lJu.png

I haven't played many of these older games much :/ .

I think I played Gunship, Darklands and Laser Squad the most.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Here are a few of mine.
Baldur's Gate collection (everything sealed except for the leftmost box)
383b9e38.jpg

Dungeon Keeper 1
DSCN8318.jpg

Heroes II with Heroes I for some reason lodged inside the wrapping
822ee56d-4705-4630-964f-f658e8b823a2_zpsbfa1a1f9.jpg

And finally probably the biggest gem in my collection, a selaed Morrowind Collector's edition. Kind of shitty photos though
DSCN8289.jpg

DSCN8290.jpg

These are somewhat rare nowadays, right now the cheapest "new" one on ebay is being sold for about 650 usd.
I got this off ebay in 2010 (I think) from some store that had like 20 or 30 (!!!) of them, selling for about 30 bucks or something like that. To this day I regret I only got 2. :(
I sold the other one

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Here are a few of mine.
Baldur's Gate collection (everything sealed except for the leftmost box)
383b9e38.jpg

Dungeon Keeper 1
DSCN8318.jpg

Heroes II with Heroes I for some reason lodged inside the wrapping
822ee56d-4705-4630-964f-f658e8b823a2_zpsbfa1a1f9.jpg

And finally probably the biggest gem in my collection, a selaed Morrowind Collector's edition. Kind of shitty photos though
DSCN8289.jpg

DSCN8290.jpg

I got this off ebay in 2010 (I think) from some store that had like 20 or 30 (!!!) of them, selling for about 30 bucks or something like that. To this day I regret I only got 2. :(
I sold the other one
Do you have separate opened copies or do you just have them all sealed?

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Nope, I don't have any duplicates. Just the ones.
I also have Dark Sun Wake of the Ravager, Age of Wonders, Severance Blade of Darkness, Fantasy General, Fallout 3 Limited Ed (the one with a BoS figurine) all in original boxes sealed, and a few others, some open.
At this point my "collection" is nearly complete, I'm just on the lookout for Arcanum, X-Com, Dungeon Keeper 2 and BG2 Collectors ed.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Nope, I don't have any duplicates. Just the ones.
I also have Dark Sun Wake of the Ravager, Age of Wonders, Severance Blade of Darkness, Fantasy General, Fallout 3 Limited Ed (the one with a BoS figurine) all in original boxes sealed, and a few others, some open.
At this point my "collection" is nearly complete, I'm just on the lookout for Arcanum, X-Com, Dungeon Keeper 2 and BG2 Collectors ed.
D:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom