Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Open Call for Reviews

V_K

Arcane
RoA is apparently cursed - everyone who took it on (myself included), has shortly fallen ill with a severe case of notimeforthisitis. After a year and a half I still haven't recovered.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Usually cursed items can not be un-equipped.
ROA has the opposite curse sounds like.
Curse of Dropping?

Cursed Blade of Fumbling?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Silent Storm got a volunteer last week, let's see how it goes.

But seriously, about 50-60% of the time someone goes "IMMA REVIEW THIS" I get fucking nothing. But if you wanna be the one that breaks the curse of these other games, ZodoZ , you're most welcome to try.

That's how true heroes are born. :obviously:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Did not see these 3 in the list:

Lords of Xulima found it (great entry imho)

The Quest
Swords and Sorcery

Have played a few hours in both of the last two. They have some potential although Swords is a little basic.
The Quest seems pretty good so far.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The Quest is cool, but it's a matter of priority... can't include every single game out there.

Swords and Sorcery is mentioned in the Might & Magic I review, as its developer was the writer of that review. :)

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron

But seriously, about 50-60% of the time someone goes "IMMA REVIEW THIS" I get fucking nothing. But if you wanna be the one that breaks the curse of these other games, ZodoZ , you're most welcome to try.

That's something I would need to sleep on. Commitment is not something I fool around with. Womenz, on the other hand, are something I will fool around with. Which probably explains my long years of bachelor status.

purpleblob

Savant
I just checked updated spreadsheet, good to see it's made more progress :D Looking forward to another preview release!

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

I've always cum through for you before on these. I thought you had people already covering the following that I've beaten before, but if I'm wrong let me know:

- Rogue (Ok, never beat this one but played a crazy amount of hours)
- Temple of Apshai
- Wizardry 1 (beat the PS version)
- Champions of Krynn
- Gateway to the Savage Frontier
- Might and Magic III
- FRUA (Jaesun should do this, but I can if he can't)
- Wizardry 8
- Jade Empire
- Borderlands
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Shadowrun Returns
- Serpent in the Staglands

I also plan to play Realms of Arkania by this summer, if you still don't have a reviewer by then. So sign me up for some of these, coach.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I actually finished S2, but I still got to do sentinels.

Alchemist

Arcane
- Rogue (Ok, never beat this one but played a crazy amount of hours)
I signed up for that one a long time ago, but you're welcome to take it off my plate if you'd like. I keep waiting for the right moment to replay it a bit and try to write up something good to do this game (and the genre it spawned) justice. The moment never comes. Have at it!

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Checked what still has to be reviewed, and I'm surprised no one has done Wizardry 1-3. I feel tempted to try and claim it but think I'd need a bit of ramp up time.

However I feel like I could bang out an easy 2000 words on Telengard. I played it a fair amount and it's not as complex to give a good go through a couple of the versions. As long as you don't mind a manifesto on the nature of randomness in RPGs I would take it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
However I feel like I could bang out an easy 2000 words on Telengard. I played it a fair amount and it's not as complex to give a good go through a couple of the versions. As long as you don't mind a manifesto on the nature of randomness in RPGs I would take it.
That would be great, but it's actually 2500 characters, so only about 450 words. ;)

BTW, there's a lot of DRAMA about Telengard vs. dnd:

iZGr7uh.png

Any opinions on this?

laclongquan

Arcane

Because I dont want to cockblock people, so I will let this faster volunteer go first. If he doesnt make the cut, please drop by my inbox to remind me to cover this Russian gem. I already play S2, S3, and H&S several times so the text is no worry. The images might be.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
That would be great, but it's actually 2500 characters, so only about 450 words. ;)

BTW, there's a lot of DRAMA about Telengard vs. dnd:

iZGr7uh.png

Any opinions on this?

I meant 2000 characters :negative: it'd be a hell of a book with 2000 word short reviews.

I'm aware of the dnd/telengard controversy. I've not played PLATO dnd (although I intend to give it a whirl if I'm to write a review,) but from what I can see Lawrence did create his own DEC port which eventually became Telengard. I think Lawrence does deserve some credit though, it's a look-and-feel copy for sure, but he would have had to build it from the ground up on a brand new architecture. Without Lawrence's rewrite and getting caught up in the VAX popularity boom when he ported it over from PDP we might not be as aware of the PLATO games. Escaping to the wild in a very similar form to the original PLATO game really helped with awareness of gaming on mainframes. I've always wondered about the games that were kicking around on the other mainframes of the time, most seem to be lost forever, but that's a complete other topic.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Because I dont want to cockblock people, so I will let this faster volunteer go first. If he doesnt make the cut, please drop by my inbox to remind me to cover this Russian gem. I already play S2, S3, and H&S several times so the text is no worry. The images might be.
Bro maybe you could do Hammer and Sickle. Don't want to cockblock a bro either.

laclongquan

Arcane
Problem is, a standalone page for H&S is kinda cockblock S2-S3 if it's any good. Yet it's not enough to stand alone without doing that. I think a double page on all three games is enough to cover this series. Prestigious, but Silent Storm engine is great enough for that.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just realized why haven't Felipe Pepe released this book yet. He wants to have Grimoire in it at all cost. :D

Falksi

Arcane
First time I've seen this thread, currently out drinking so half pissed, but am I reading it right that you need reviews for Countdown To Doomsday & The Stick if Truth? If so I'd be up for giving it a go. Loved CTD in the day, just playing through SOT for tgr first time this week and thriving on it

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I just realized why haven't Felipe Pepe released this book yet. He wants to have Grimoire in it at all cost. :D
Ah, but I already have it:
tmvcpBY.png

First time I've seen this thread, currently out drinking so half pissed, but am I reading it right that you need reviews for Countdown To Doomsday & The Stick if Truth? If so I'd be up for giving it a go. Loved CTD in the day, just playing through SOT for tgr first time this week and thriving on it
I would really appreciate a review of Countdown To Doomsday + Matrix Cubed... think you can do it? :)

For South Park I'm waiting for the sequel. It comes out in like 2 months, so I figure it's better to wait and review both games together.

Falksi

Arcane
Ah, but I already have it:
tmvcpBY.png

I would really appreciate a review of Countdown To Doomsday + Matrix Cubed... think you can do it? :)

For South Park I'm waiting for the sequel. It comes out in like 2 months, so I figure it's better to wait and review both games together.

I don't own Matrix Cubed mate, but will gladly do CTD if you want?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom