Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Open MW experiences?

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guys! (merry x-mas btw)

I'm planning to have another go at Morrowind next year, but what do you guys recommend me. Playing it vanilla or via OpenMW?
Probably going with a summoner build and I believe the AI of summons were bugged in vanilla?

What are your experiences?

Akselmo

Literate
OpenMW is not 100% ready yet, so I would go vanilla for now. If you want to help with it's development though, I'd suggest you try it and read about reporting bugs here: OpenMW Bug Reporting Guide

If you want some gameplay fixing mods for vanilla (I don't think all of these mods work with OpenMW), check this list here: S.T.E.P Wiki
There's also graphical mods in that list but you can of course skip those if you don't want them. I highly recommend grabbing at least Morrowind Code Patch, Script Improvements, 4GB Patch, Morrowind Patch 1.6.6 and MGE XE so you can get widescreen support. If the combat system makes you hate the game, get Apoapse's Attack, too. All the mods I listed are in the above link.

TripJack

Hedonist
I've played openmw some with no issues so far

Worth it for the cell preloading alone imo

Druid's friend

Barely Literate
I hope this gets finished soon, the graphics in Morrowind are just a little to old school for me... Oblivion is even pushing it.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Once it gets more shader support I see no reason not to migrate onto OpenMW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom