Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM OpenXcom Thread

eXalted

Arcane
That Christopher Shields guy was probably making his own mod that utilized the Hobbes map pack and now he is out for revenge.

eXalted

Arcane
Just encountered Spitters in my X-Files playthrough. That piece of slime was positioned in a house courtyard laying fire on my guys with his spit attack. Being arc type projectile it was able to fire above the fence while my men were trying to reach the courtyard house. There was no door in the fence. Three agents died.

Mod is awesome and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Only a bit repetitive in the beginning, making me kill spiders and other boring stuff ugh.

Also replaced the 3 Fallout tracks because it feels weird hearing them here. Using these instead:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OreZnSbMdsk
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=148QNymOImA
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHUusvaAYQ

They fit the game pretty good .

eXalted

Arcane
First undercover mission as workers. Equipped the guys with "worker" knives and axes, a wild bad guy with an uzi appeared, sprayed all over my men, three out of four dead.

Nice.

Also, why is this thread not pinned? It's more active than the other one.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Undercover missions are tricky. If you don't have to do them, better avoid doing them at all. Otherwise, stick to hiding indoors and lure the enemies to you. Worker missions can be easier by doing that, since melee combat will be frequent. Doggies are surprisingly effective here. Lastly, remember that the helicopter counts as a civilian vehicle, so always keep one around you can use that to bring 6 agents in said places.

Empary

Scholar
Undercover mission are much easier during night, cuz enemy humans dont have nightvision

eXalted

Arcane
[autism alert]

Just created a Python script that automatically fills an Excell sheet with the soldiers from my save and melee weapons that I have researched in the game. Then calculates how much damage each soldier can deal on average per turn.

F2iK5e5.png

(Ignores armor effectiveness, that's why the Machete looks like a beast. Also will take a look at why the Tonfa is so weak. )
:hmmm:

Last edited:

eXalted

Arcane
Dioxine started showing in the XPiratez Discord. Said the next version will be ready soonish and that he is currently working hard on replacing terrains because he didn't want to do a half-assed job. Also it seems there will be some kind of a Terminator event chain.

eXalted

Arcane
X-Com Files 1.3. Released
- Updated to the newest OXCE.
- Overhauled Readiness into Sanity.
- Updated globe (by Dioxine).
- New UFOs and their missions: Small Envoy Ship (by Finnik), ADVENT Fighter, ADVENT Lander.
- New mission: Alien Governance (by Finnik).
- X-Com Slander (Shared Alien Gardens).
- New terrain: Commercial (by Dioxine and Solarius Scorch), Chemical Plant in two variants (by Dioxine), Native Urban.
- New AI armors: Enforcer, Tank/Flamer, Hovertank/Flamer, Tank/Minirockets, Hovertank/Minirockets.
- New dog armors: Cybersuit Gear (graphics by Brain_322), Astral Werewolf (for Dreamlands).
- New unit: Ethereal Legate (by Finnik).
- New weapon: AKM.
- New ammo: Chem clips for all M.A.G.M.A. pulse weapons, Shotgun Baton Shells, Crossbow Tritanium Bolts, Heavy Crossbow Tritanium Bolts.
- Improved G11 graphics (by Alex D).
- New dog paperdolls (thanks to Perekrylo for the help).
- New Jarhead paperdoll (by Brain_322).
- Ethereal Keepers are now green.
- New graphics for the Scout Drone ammo.
- HWPs now require Tritanium and are a bit more oriented towards resisting energy weapons.
- Alien Key can no longer be acquired infinitely, but only requires Improved Lab (by Finnik).
- Alien Embassy now evolves over time, spawns less missions and has new mapblocks (by Finnik).
- Overhauled and rebalanced Alien Embassy deployments (by Finnik).
- Expanded Urban Low terrain (by Finnik & Solarius Scorch).
- Overhauled Postindustrial, Port and Forest Marsh terrains (by Dioxine and Solarius Scorch).
- Increased chances for slander missions.
- EXALT HQ is a little smaller (by Finnik).
- Improved CQC accuracy across the board.
- CQC defense costs 5 Energy.
- Reorganized Hybrid weapons to eliminate duplication of unarmed attack entries.
- Dog bark no longer causes stun.
- Shooting down UFOs on flyby missions should no longer generate retaliations.
- Craft beam slots can now also accept cannons.
- Whirlwind and Mauler are now also awarded for taking targets alive.
- Flashlight can now be turned on and off (courtesy of Waldo the Ranger).
- More M.A.G.M.A. weapons can now be found in boxes.
- More loot on cult bases.
- More chances for Zrbite from Marine Expeditions.
- Vampire Knight now has a special vampire attack.
- Buffed Red Ops shooting skills.
- New icons for shielded armors.
- Some New boots on the Bio-Exo Suit (by Nord).
- Improved Gilldog, Werewolf and Mongorn sprites (all by Nord).
- Fixed an issue with manufacturing Fuel Tank.
- Fixed some walking units floating a little over the ground.
- Fixed too many Alien Gardens from Hybrid Controllers.
- Fixed AI units not getting air combat experience.
- Fixed Gertrude Ellison Ambush not spawning.
- Fixed Data Reel available on the wrong mission.
- Fixed tank manufacturing times.
- Fixed X-Com Sectopod walking sound.
- Various fixes to terrains.
- Minor fixes.
Dog barking no longer causes stun :negative:

lightbane

Arcane
It might be worth waiting a little in case there are critical bugs that ned emergency patches. The incoming 3.1 update will have Sawed-Off Shotguns, at long fucking last. In 1.3 Pulse weapons are finally useful, if still expensive, at least. HWP are even harder to acquire now, though.
If you wish to use mods that modified X-Files but cannot due this being now a Master Mod, do the following:

- Open the "metadata" file with Wordpad or whatever.
- Change "Ismaster" from "True" to "False".
- Now you can use mods that alrered the original Xcom1 and/or mods that haven't been updated yet, such as the Recruit Concerned Citizens one.

Syme

Arbiter
Heads up, XPiratez just got updated for the first time since the drama in November.

v.L1 1-Apr-2020 Aurora Nights
- Exec update to OXCE 6.4.2+ 18-Mar-2020
- Fix: most medkits can heal standing enemies again
- New Enemy Vessel: HK-117
- New Enemy: Blue Turret
- New Armor: Zortrium Suit
- New Ammunition: C.Bow Stun Arrows
- Hobbesocalypse
- New Gfx and Ambients by Perekrylo
- New maps made: OVER ONE HUNDRED. Thx for help to Solarius Scorch, Wolverin
- New Terrains made: Chemtown, Industrial Slum
- New Terrains/Maps/Scangs from Community Terrain Pack (Bulletdesigner, Luke83, Efrenespartano)
- Terrain Upgrades: ROCKY ROAD TAKE GRUG HOME, TO THE CAVE GRUG BELONGS
- Globe rework
- Inventory rearranged: wearables now have their special slots
- Expanded shipping radar markers
- Mecha Suits now have Grabbers
- Randomized Personal Computer disassembly (based on Grub's work)
- Minor fixes, and adjustments of "fixes", and other delights

lightbane

Arcane
Xcom Files got a new update for fixing some bugs, as well as adding new stuff, such as a Sawed-off Shotgun. It took X-COM a while to develop such an advanced technology that barbarian pirates from a dark future could acquire quite easily. Worse, you cannot buy it from the market, but instead requires getting a "sample" from someone.

https://openxcom.mod.io/the-x-com-files

eXalted

Arcane
I have set up my xcomfiles mod folder as a git repository and I do "git pull origin master" every time before playing. This way I'm always up to date with the latest changes even before an official release. Updating takes only 3 seconds because I'm not downloading the whole archive every time.

Last edited:
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have set up my xcomfiles mod folder as a git repository and I do "git pull origin master" every time before playing. This way I'm always up to date with the latest changes even before an official release. Updating takes only 3 seconds because I'm not downloading the whole archive every time.
If you're dir is a working copy, and your branch is set to track origin/master anyway, git pull is enough - that will save you some time typing and let you play more. Also, since git is being discussed - did you know that "git fetch --all --prune" can be easily aliased to "git fap"?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom