Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Operencia: The Stolen Sun - turn-based blobber by Hungarian pinball devs

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
:hmmm:

This too has gone to Epic exclusive:

And microsoft store.

Steam release is 2020.

Only gog has no release .

I wonder how many titles will drop from wishlist because of this nonsense. One year is forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
70% of something vs 88% of nothing.

Difficult choice apparently.

Epic bribes must be pretty big to justify the sales.

Arulan

Cipher
Another game I can pretend doesn't exist for at least a year.

Don't blame the lack of audience for CRPG dungeon-crawlers when your sales are terrible.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, this is such a stupid move.
Nobody would say anything if they sold their game on Steam + Epic store.
In fact, given the lower store share on the Epic one, devs would have to be crazy not to do so.

But to go exclusive just costs a giant amount of goodwill. Honestly doubt it will pay off for them in the long run.

Jinn

Arcane
What a damn shame. Niche game just made itself even more niche.

Will not be buying until I can get it somewhere besides the Epic store. Too bad. Was really looking forward to trying this one out.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
One year is forever.
Generally yes, but in dungeon crawler terms it's even worse.
What do we even have to look forward to now until then? Etrian Odyssey X? Replay Elminage Gothic for the 6th time?
Dungeon Kingdom and Monomyth, if you don't mind RT. Lords of Xulima 2 is also supposed to happen eventually.
I do mind RT (for blobbing), but I also love Ultima Underworld and Arx Fatalis so I can't pass up on Monomyth. Lords of Xulima 2 would be really really nice.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Epic is just padding their store with cheap shovelware. Dumbfucks.

Of course if you were having doubts about your game's ability to sell copies in the first place then eh.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From press release:

“Last month’s Kinda Funny Games Showcase provided us with a great platform to announce Operencia, which was very well received by the RPG community, especially those who participated in the closed beta” says Mel Kirk, Vice President of Publishing. “The quality of the game caught the eye of our friends at Microsoft and Epic, which quickly led to mutual cooperation that will help us elevate this title in a way Zen would not be able to by ourselves.”

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Watching the first gif (inside the quote) you poosted, i wish the whole game was designed like that in 2D.

Well, if they keep their promises, they will be remembered and we'll sing songs about their game development skills for decades.

I saw that first gif and I was all like:

:yeah:

And then I saw what the game really looks like...

:rage:

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
Epic exclusive....hmmmm...
giphy.gif

i am out.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I guess from the dev's point of view it kinda makes sense in case of a game like that. I mean, odds are it would've sold like shit anyways so if someone gives you money upfront for your game to become an advertisement then, depending on the amount, you can be swayed. Yeah, it shows lack of faith in your own work and is short-sighted, but drugs aren't free.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Tbh I'm not convinced of this game (based on what I've seen in the trailer). It looks like someone saw Bard's Tale 4, Underworld Ascendant, Might & Magic X, and decided to make an uninspiring mixture of all 3... with the emphasis on "uninspiring"... yet another... more of the same... but not better...

Reminds me of all these East European, Russian, Polish games which all seem kinda similar to me, and I just can't get warm with them. What a coincidence that Zen-Studios are also from Eastern Europe...

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For something as obscure as this having itslef released in a platform thats not "dozens of new games a day" might be a good thing.

In the end of the day though, there will be people who are turned off on having to manage another platform, including me.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's one of those niche games from unknown developers where rewiews and ratings from people interested in genre really matters. I will not buy it blind, thanks. And next year it will be forgotten.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
At the speed at which I play games these days, I'll probably have time in 2020 at the earliest anyway, so I don't mind

Sinatar

Arbiter
They made more from the Epic payoff then they'll make off the sales anyways given how shitty blobbers do nowadays.

laclongquan

Arcane
ss_686add0f523b3538d4c4795693d9195001e673bc.jpg

Regarding the item crafting only

The Clues report on the recipe is a nice innovation idea. We shall see how it goes in actual gameplay. Remind me of Morrowind system a bit.

What does the habitat mean? The terrain that this item will have effect? (not the source of material as it has no use in that meaning)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom