Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Our indie interview

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
Whoa, you've added three more chapters to your post.
Yeah, I replied to a bit, then went back through and read the rest of the thread. No-one else had replied yet so I edited my post to put the rest in and by the time I'd finished, you'd posted.

The article has now been returned to its original status. Vince's parts have been added back in and a disclaimer can now be found at the start of the article. As far as I'm concerned, this issue is now dealt with. So for those of you who missed out, you can now read the missing parts.

Human Shield

Augur
Vault Dweller said:
You interviewed yourself?
It is a bit shady to interview one self when you obviously have commercial interests, and personal gain from this.
Now if we take this one step further: since you published this stuff, what guarantee do we have that you're not making this look better for your behalf?
The point/harm is that interviewing yourself puts a bad taste in readers' mouths, especially if they find this out afterwards. It looks shady. My first reaction was the same as LCJr's ("You interviewed yourself?"). Now if I wasn't a regular here, I'd think "what a douchebag" and probably not bother coming back if this was my first experience with the site. While the Codex doesn't exist to cater to everyone's needs, it also doesn't need to chase away reasonable readers who expect some degree of professionalism when it comes to things like interviews and reviews. Humor jokes are one thing, self-interviews are another.
...pimping your own stuff in what should be a discussion of alternative, less well known independent titles is cheesy and unprofessional, especially in the context it was done. By itself, it would have been somewhat acceptable, but throwing it in with legitimate interviews was uncalled for.

Look at the context of those quotes. By declaring you are the same person it is no longer an interview with yourself (with is impossible except for tricks). Ask the people that made those quotes and most will tell you that should just have stated upfront that you will add your comments and that you are the same person (where did Vince D. Weller come from anyways?).

dagorkan

Arbiter
Yeah VD, interviewing yourself without making that clear is lame as fuck.

Don't do it again...

The_Pope

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
Conflicts of interests aint my specialty. I'm a sales & marketing guy.

Do you let customers know how next gen all your products and services are?

aboyd

Liturgist
This topic has been a cup full of awesome. Yay for civil war.

9.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom