Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*out of date* - PS:T 1024x768 UI pack (v0.6)

taplonaplo

Scholar
Thanks scient! it was probably a mistype of a 4cd offset, which is 2bytes away at 232fc0.

scient

Augur
taplonaplo said:
Thanks scient! it was probably a mistype of a 4cd offset, which is 2bytes away at 232fc0.

Ya, that's what I figured. Is there a reason why you aren't using search and replace pattern? That way you only need one patch which works for both versions.

@Vanished One: I read a few forum posts about corrupted spell graphics and it boils down to an issue with DirectX 8. My guess is that Nvidia has a bug in their drivers and the dev team is too lazy / don't care enough to fix. So why am I bringing this up? Well, I was making up a TODO list for if and when I get a copy of PST source (it's still being looked into) I plan up updating the IE code to use DirectX 9. This should resolve any problems related to shitty graphics drivers. Getting DX 9 working might take some work but it won't be hard to incorporate my current fixes into source. I also plan on fixing stats (STR 18/00, thief skills, etc), seeing about fixing spellkeys (already some source there), having multi kills display cumulative exp (currently only shows exp for last NPC to die), enabling LUA (as long as there are no issues with Bioware) and some other minor things. After that, my goal would be to include the ability to change resolutions natively. This won't actualize for months even after I get the source. However, there is hope for a bug free PST experience. :D

If you do that, send me a picture of you so that I can worship you :D

edit: Also, if I may suggest a couple more improvements (don't know if these are possible, and if they would take too much time etc.):
- the party shouldn't stop whenever you left-click to set a new destination;
- it'd be great if the player could highlight containers and loot by holding Tab pressed, like in BGII. As far as I know, there's no such function in Torment, and sometimes it's quite frustrating trying to reach loot hidden behind the scenery.

scient

Augur
Ok, I'll add those to my list to look into. The first release tho would just be DX updated and my bug fixes then I'll go from there.

Version 0.5 is here. Links in the first post.

It's been a while since I started the project, and I'm very happy that it has reached this stage. It's a completely different thing from what it originally was. And, for the most part, not thanks to me. So I'd like to thank again those that helped me (taplonaplo in particular, scient, ghostdog, Qwinn, elricbk and others) and made this possible.

What's new in version 0.5:

-The store screen for option 1 is now without background, as the others. The flickering has been solved thanks to a fix by taplonaplo;
-The loading bar now works, thanks to code by taplonaplo, Qwinn and scient;
-Mod size decreased, thanks to code by (guess who) taplonaplo, Qwinn and scient;
-A line of code, left by mistake, prevented the loading game, saving game, unloading data and insert CD screens from being edited in Torment 2CD, and has been removed. Some mistakes in the notes have also been corrected;
-Some improvements have been made in the code.

Also, coming soon ('Extras' section in the first post), an optional wide dialogue box, similar to the one ghostdog did for his mod.
edit: link available.

Version 0.6 released, download links in the first post. It's a minor release this time:

-In option 1 the UI screens are now split: the lower bar stays in the usual position (against the lower side of the monitor), and only the main screen is centered;
-The wide dialogue box is now installed by default.

Torment2008-11-2921-08-31-03.jpg

Torment2008-11-2921-03-10-54.jpg

The original idea of a wide dialogue box was by Ghostdog.

In case you dislike either change, check out the "extras" in the first post, you'll find the files for the old screens and dialogue box.

If you are upgrading from a previous version, remember to uninstall it first. If you are using the wide dialogue box with version 0.5 or earlier, uninstall it (restore the files you have backed up) before uninstalling the UI pack.

scient

Augur
I thought this might interest you. I've come across the offset value that determines the height of how much floaty text can be on the screen at the same time. See here.

scient

Augur
Here is a bug someone posted having to do with direction arrows you see at sides of the screen. I came up with a solution near bottom of thread that will allow adjustments to it.

Well, I'm really too busy to work on it now, but I might think about it in the future. Don't expect anything soon though. I wish I had more time/ was better organized :roll:

Letum Fol

Novice
Has anybody played through the whole game with this? If so, are there a lot of problems or does it seem fine? Don't want any weird things happening in the middle of the game.

Letum Fol

Novice
Major_Boobage said:
Letum Fol said:
Has anybody played through the whole game with this? If so, are there a lot of problems or does it seem fine? Don't want any weird things happening in the middle of the game.

Use ghostdogs if u want to be sure, he updates it regulary.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26591

Yeah but my monitor is 1024*768 so I don't think ghostdog's will work.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
None of the UI mods are known to introduce any in-game problems. The only issue you should have in mind comes from the widescreen mod. The widescreen mod requires you to start a new game in PST. So, just be sure to do this and you'll be just fine.

If you encounter any graphical glitches they'll probably be due to graphic card compatibility problems with the PST engine.

Letum Fol

Novice
ghostdog said:
None of the UI mods are known to introduce any in-game problems. The only issue you should have in mind comes from the widescreen mod. The widescreen mod requires you to start a new game in PST. So, just be sure to do this and you'll be just fine.

If you encounter any graphical glitches they'll probably be due to graphic card compatibility problems with the PST engine.

Oh, I was just wondering about the v0.6 thing. If it's working fine then I guess it's time for another round of Planescape:Torment.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but since I started university I've been having less and less time for computer games. The mod needs to be updated (read: I should copy some code from ghost's mod, if he lets me) but I will only have some time in two months or so. Perhaps. Anyway, as it is now, this mod doesn't offer the much higher quality of ghost's, but I have never received bug reports for the last version and have done quite a bit of testing myself. At the very worst, you'll have to uninstall it, it won't break your game.
As for the "v0.6" thing, it's just a naming convention. I started with version 0.1, which seemed appropriate, as it was a very small mod, and have added 0.1 for each new release. If I ever find time to work on it, perhaps we'll get to version 1.0 eventually. If not, this mod will just die. Don't worry though, there are fine people out there assuring that Torment will outlast my UI pack together with most of the RPGs that have been released since 1999.

laclongquan

Arcane
I am freeze and black screen when visiting Mebbeth's Midwife hut in Ragpicker's square (a last visit before go underground). Before go to Trash Warren but after learning the Art quest (and finishing most of the hive quests).

The game was full install, Qwin's fixpack, Tweak, and widescreen mode. 1024*768 mod version 0.6

I played until finishing Learning the Art from Mebbeth, then I installed 1024*768. So I guess my freezze bug fall into the "various bugs" mentioned in the readme.

Replay the game till that point would be possible, but tedious. I am interested in work around or bypass methods.

I wonder, is there any code that allow us to transport our party into the area? Or remove temporary files that allow us to reload the area without trouble? Or something quick?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It is mentioned many times that you should start a new game when you install the widesceen mod. If not you'll experience such crashes.

In short the game will crash each time you enter a small area (=house) where you saved your game in the default resolution. IF by any chance the game crashes only in Mebbeths hut and you can enter the other houses/small areas , then consider yourself very lucky. You can uninstall the widescreen mod/ UI , finish all of Mebbeth's quests and then re-install them.

But just to be sure that you wont get fucked by some game-stopping crash in the future I'd suggest starting from the beginning. Of course you could always forget about the higher resolution and continue play with the default. Anyway, If you uninstall the widescreen/UI mods you shopuld be able to enter Mebbeths house.

laclongquan

Arcane
oh well, at least there's a work around for you:

Uninstall 1204*768 mod, uninstall wide screen mod.

load the file, get in the area, do the thing, then get out into the Square, save.

now reinstall widescreen, then 1024*768, load that save. Continue!

Okay, that's a workable bypass. Buh bye! Gotta go back to the game!

Thanks to ghostdog for doing my own job for me :)
Good to see that the mod still works. WeiDU is great for compatibility.

As mentioned in the first post, this mod is to be considered out of date. Ghostdog's much better mod now works with any resolution, and is available here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26591

Thanks to those that used my mod, I hope it improved PST for you. Thanks to ghostdog for his fantastic work, which I will no doubt enjoy in the future.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I planned to use your mod since it supported 1024x768 and Ghostdog's didn't but things changed. It's still nice you did this work and I'm sure that it helped Ghostdog's final version, so thanks for your efforts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom