Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*out of date* - PS:T 1024x768 UI pack (v0.6)

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hmm I still can't seem to make it work. First it gave me an arror saying that extend mos can't "shrink", it was because the HCENT and VCENT values were smaller than my mapanel.mos , so I changed them to 1280x727 and the fix seemed to install correctly. But inside the game when the contrast is raised ,the map screen still shows the green area around the frame. I also changed the green color from 0/254/0 to 0/255/0 but it's still the same. ..

taplonaplo

Scholar
It works for me.
Try uninstall the script setup first(if you are using a separate one), then replace image (i saved it out as bmp edited, then converted back to dltcep again), then install the correction again.
If you have dltcep please go to mos editing and use select frame option and select a frame that is not entirely green, then click on edit palette. There should be only one green color, and it should be in the 1st slot. If it's not in 1st, you haven't run the script. If there's 2, you haven't edited the image properly.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I'm a bit lost with this... I'm trying to apply the transparency fix to the loading bar mos (the ones I posted in the previous page. What changes should I make to the script you have uploaded?

taplonaplo

Scholar
This one should work (for VO: it's the same that you have i think)
http://rapidshare.com/files/146101724/S ... t.tp2.html
It doesn't matter what you apply it to (as long as it's a mos), it reads all the needed data from the mos and sets other defaults, all you have to do is edit the COPY part.
But if you want i can edit the pictures for you.

I began a bmp patcher...i think i have the basic idea how it will work.

Yes, it looks like mine. I used it only on previously edited files, in the end I didn't use it after EXTEND_MOS commands, because I wasn't sure it would have worked. As it is, id does an excellent job.
As for the bmp patcher, if you manage to do do it I think you should ask the bigg to include it as a WeiDU command, since it would be pretty awesome.

taplonaplo

Scholar
He has one already in his widescreen mod:P the thing is i don't really understand how it works (tho i'm using it to check some things).
It may indeed have some problems with extend mos, as if it can't find an empty palette slot, it rewrites an old one to black, and then, this script make that transparent as well. But as long as you stick to a 64x resolution this shouldn't effect you.

EDIT: i got the script done but it's slooooow :(

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Finally! The transparency fix works like a charm. The problem was that I edited the mos files with MOSworkshop and whatever I did it always changed pure green/black to slightly different values (ex: 0/255/0 to 4/254/4). I edited them with DLCTCEP and everything is fine. Thanks for the help guys.

Good news that you progressed with the script tap. Is it much more slower than extend mos?

taplonaplo

Scholar
It takes about 8sec for each picture (on my machine), problem is that there are 90 pictures. It's somewhat slower than extend mos, but i don't really see how could i optimize it.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
ok, some good news first. I've found the way to show the full size of the worldmap. Open GUIWMAP with DLTC select button 2 and change it's dimensions to 960x640.

The bad news are that when the store gui is open and I try to rent a room to rest or sell fenced goods, the game crashes. This happens only when the store gui is centered, when the store gui is the default everything is ok. Tap's store flicker fix is not responsible since I've tested it without it and it still crashes. So there must be some problem with the GUISTORE.chu, any idea what that may be?

Thank you for the worldmap info!

As for the crash with the centered GUISTORE.chu, it doesn't happen to me when I rent a room from Giltspur in the Lower Ward. I haven't tried anywhere else and I haven't tried selling fenced goods, so I'll do some more testing.

edit (I forgot to reply to this earlier):

taplonaplo said:
It takes about 8sec for each picture (on my machine), problem is that there are 90 pictures. It's somewhat slower than extend mos, but i don't really see how could i optimize it.
Well, let's make two versions of our mods: one with the 90 images, for people with fast internet, and another one with the script, for people that would rather wait than download 30 MB.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Do you get an assertion error? if yes, what number in which .cpp.
Can you tell me a place where i can rest in the beginning of the game (through a store) to test it?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I get : "an assertion failed in F:\Torment\Source\baldur\ChUI.cpp at line 917" Oddly enough F is the virtual drive I've mounted CD2 of torment. The crash happens when the GPMOS8 window tries to open (it's the same window for the resting and stollen goods text)

You'll be able to rest for the first time through the store dialog at the lower ward. But you can check it earlier if you steal with Annah something from a vendor and then try to sell it back.

taplonaplo

Scholar
i think 917 is the "picture is smaller than the dimensions in the chu".
EDIT: that's right, in case u based it it on my guistore, i screwed up 2 windows. Rewrite the gpmos8 windows dimension from 640 to 246

taplonaplo

Scholar
soo what else is left to do, besides testing?
What i don't know how to fix: flcikering when opening menus, tooltip flickering, progressbar in loading screens and some more that doesn't come to mind now.

2CD offsets? I can't believe my eyes... thanks!
As for the flickering... is it possible to force the game to pause before a menu is opened?

taplonaplo

Scholar
It's possible to get the same end result, so is disappearing tooltips, the question is how
It's all working with the action menu, but it's rather hard to figure out what's different in the process:( (as the script runs through (at least partially) the same process when displaying, but that part gives confusing a new meaning:S)

So I have some free time at last, and I'm doing the spells. A couple of questions (I'm not up to date :():

-Is the the y for deathbolt in Torment.exe 4CD known?
-Is it safe to divide celestialhost-heaven-gate y (the one that has to be decreased) by 1.6 (1024/640 = 1.6) or should I find the right value by trial and error?
-I understand that I have to resize the BAMs for these: desert hell, chain lighting storm, stygian ice storm, deathbolt, bladestorm, celestial host. Have I missed anything?

Thanks.

taplonaplo

Scholar
this should be the one 002cec2e 204 deathbolt(effect)
but i don't think it works (or needed at all).
minor correction deserthell/bladestorm are bmps, with 256 colors(the image you need to resize anyway).
ghostdog made the gate look right, so he will be able to answere that

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Unfortunately neither of the 2 BAMWorkshop programs can handle big bam files with multiple frames. What I've done so far is to resize the desert hell and bladestorm backgrounds to fit the whole screen.(they are simple bmp files). For celestial host I've made the heaven gate bam file fullscreen with bamworkshop , since it has only a single frame. Finally, i've changed the offsets of the divine archer to make the blue moon rise from the left bottom side of the screen so it will look ok.

As for deathbolt , I've also resized the bam file that flashes so it looks like there is lightning and made it fullscreen. The y offset doesn't seem to change anything.

VO if you could find a way to edit the big bam files , it would be great, but so far bamwork doesn't seem capable of doing this.

Thanks for the info guys.
As for resizing BAMs... I have no ideas. That batch bamresizer doesn't work for me, bamresize.exe closes immediatly and python.exe doesn't seem to do anything (I even tried putting everything in the Torment folder, without results). Also, I can't resize frames with DLTCEP.
Do the spells really look that bad with the BAMs butchered? I guess I'll have to cheat to get them all, as you've already done, so that I can see for myself.

taplonaplo

Scholar
bamresizer is not good, it screws it up when enlargning. (you can use it with commandline btw)
Most can be adjusted to look ok(mechanus cannon, celestialhost/sun) by changing the offsets where they appear so they are cornered, but some really look stupid(stygian ice storm, celestial host/phoenix).
VO, got some new stuff but 1st i test ghosts mod then post them.
EDIT:
2CD:
002bf8af x/2 elysiumfires(effect)
002bf8aa y/2+9 elysiumfires(effect)
002d8a7a x/2 celestialhost(effect)
002d8a84 y/2-36 celestialhost(effect)
4CD:
002bfa6f x/2 elysiumfires(effect)
002bfa6a y/2+9 elysiumfires(effect)
002d8c3a x/2 celestialhost-effect
002d8c44 y/2-36 celestialhost-effect

I think these are also used.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yep, i've tested the offsets , they center to the character after the spell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom