Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Overwatch

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Shooting hot loads everywhere. Torb is my spirit animal.

RolePlayer

Augur
Anybody notice in that video above they had a tyrael vs tychus (two blizzard characters in other games) fighting game on pause ?

RolePlayer

Augur
And an another note .. am i the only one bothered by the fact that Overwatch has a PG-friendly art style ... the game feels like you are playing with 'nerf' guns or something

FPS without blood/guts/watching limbs blowing off just doesn't "feel" right ..

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
And an another note .. am i the only one bothered by the fact that Overwatch has a PG-friendly art style ... the game feels like you are playing with 'nerf' guns or something

I understand but that is not why it is done. It is done for optimization/longevity purposes. The ratio of eye candy to optimisation in OW is the only thing that deserves praise. That shit looks amazing while 200+ fps easy. "Realistic" graphics are so demanding, it is unrealistic to make a serrious competitive game out of it. Just look at the utter mess every attempt like pubg, cod and compare them to ow, fortnite. Literally 100+ fps difference on the same settings.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Anybody notice in that video above they had a tyrael vs tychus (two blizzard characters in other games) fighting game on pause ?

There is 0 chance blizzard will make a fighting game. It is a niche saturated market with very little demand. Attempts to make high skill games casual in fighting games has proved to make 0 profit. I,e divekick, fantasy strike, and some canceled game I can't remember.

abija

Prophet

Blood/guts/limbs are missing because they want to have minimal restrictions in targeting low age playerbase. The rest of the feedback is really well done though so it's not quite a "nerf" feeling.

Art style decision is a combination of wanting it to look good on low resources and asian market becoming a top priority.

Ocelot

Learned

OW wants to be optimist, futuristic and sleek. Gore doesn't go well with that aesthetic.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Is quake champions any good?
Not at all. Just play Quake Live or literally anything else.

Yea everyone who says that doesn't actually play quake live. They just like to think of themselves as quake live player as if its cool. The shit is dead af. It's literally only filled by people who can't afford a better computer at this point.

Yea really anything else? Have you actually seen the state of shooters rn? Shit is a major drought. Even if you don't like qc, it is still by far the best option currently. Hopefully that will change in a few years.

Nathir

Liturgist
Blizzard is fucking dead.

Hots trailer = anime weeaboo loli with daddy issues, getting angry and beating her dad in a dbz fight, jumping all over the place and shooting energy beams at each other. Fucking cringe. I can't believe there were 20+ year olds clapping for this in the room.

WoW trailer = cringe. Anduin looked like was about to cry at all times.

Overwatch trailer = new waifu in another cringy PG12 trailer with more DBZ fight scenes with people getting shot and thrown grenades at, but no blood and they just get knocked unconscious.

Hearthstone = alright, I guess. More of the same if you like HS. Too bad the game is shit anyway. Atleast the art is good. https://i.redd.it/7evoit9d0zv11.png The priest one looks amazing.

Warcraft 3 remake. It's amazing how this 15 years old trailer was better then all the new ones. No cringe. Just cool af, and it actually has blood in it. Truly from a different era. Looks good, but it's sad how the best Blizz can do today is a remake of a 15+ year old game.

Diablo trailer = characters doing anime fighting with slow motions and impossible jumps. Rips off the Balrog entrance from Lotr at the end. New game is a mobile game developed by a chinese company (lmao) and is basically exactly the same as D3. The same classes, the same models and visuals. MVP of Blizzcon : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzKlmNLTkXM

Diablo is dead, and so is Blizzard. But hey atleast you get a free Destiny 2 copy form the Blizz launcher, and don't forget to buy the new CoD!

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DrBVnlTX4AAJHvB.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So looks like Baguette is not so broken after all (And after a couple of patches). I'm surprised of the usage of Zenyatta. Well, I'm not actually since is one of the characters who has more potential, but still a very risky pick in mostly conditions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom