Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ P&P rules for fire?

Gozma

Arcane
Does anyone know some RPG that has really good rules for a realistic implementation of fire? Like my ideal thing would be a reverse tomahawk slam dunk like a GURPS sourcebook that is just 100 pages about fire called "GURPS Fire" written by a nerdy fireman that plays RPGs, but failing that specifically something along those lines would be great. Googling this is difficult because it's hard to separate fire as in fire from fire as in gunfire.

Alex

Arcane
I think the basic set - campaigns book for GURPS 4th edition has some sane rules for dealing with it, but it is far from comprehensive (I don't think it even deals with smoke or stuff like backdraft). I've never seen anything more researched than that, which is weird, given how setting stuff on fire is such a common part of plans in RPGs. Still, if anyone knows anything better than that, I would like to know as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom