Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Paper Sorcerer Released

V_K

Arcane
I'd say the Minotaur is only above average. For me, he does little to no damage against heavily armored targets (which is about a third of them), plus he's fairly gear dependent.
Well, maybe he got nerfed somewhere between versions, I only played him in 1.1 and he dealt insane amounts of damage against all enemies with his wild swing/some-other-swing skills. Or maybe you just got unlucky with his gear, it's possible to get some really powerful stuff rather early if you do all the puzzles/secret doors.[/quote]

I used the Puppet for a while, but I didn't find much equipment for him.
You can only get it in the Catacombs, either in loot or from the parts merchant that spawns on levels 2, 5 and 8.

V_K

Arcane
New patch is out; highlights:

- Restoration crystals added to shop item list
- Resting in bed now revives characters

Congrats mate, your game is now easier than Dragon Age 2.
New update going online in few hours with:
- Bed rest only revives dead on Easy and Normal difficulty modes
- Restoration crystal price increase
Problem solved! :martini:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Block 3 is promised to have some illusionary walls, let's see how it turns out.
Nope, false intelligence. Secret doors do get a bit more tricky though.

I thought the same thing when I saw it was all in beige
Not all, some levels have bluish hue instead :cool:.

I am playing version 1.9 of Paper Sorcerer and I have found one illusory wall so far. You'll know you're near one because when you Search, the game states "You detect a faint hint of magic" or something like that and then you just walk through the wall. You'll also receive hints via Search that tell you that the masonry is not quite right in a place and that indicates that the wall is activated by something that is hanging on a wall elsewhere.

While the battle music in the main dungeon isn't something I am a fan of, the battle music in the Catacomb levels is much better. I wish I could have that music in the main levels as well.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Anyone figured what to do with darkness ball in room, which is other side from Giant. Also why Giant dont join party?

And question: locked doors on 8.1 (i think), 2 of them how to open? Also what for knight/emperor/etc type of keys?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And question: locked doors on 8.1 (i think), 2 of them how to open? Also what for knight/emperor/etc type of keys?

I wasn't able to solve that either, though apparently there are some secret doors that only became openable in a later patch. Maybe missed something.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Anywhere i can find lists of minion abilities?

Technicaly i can check by going to cata, saving before i get to choose new party member and save/load to add different ones and check abilities (though i wouldnt see cooldown on them, need to get into fight for that). But this is a bit annoying.

So far i am going with Skeleton, Witch and Shadow.

I am not sure why but even with Skeleton hate skill up, a lot of times he is ignored by enemies. So probably better for future games to replace him with non-physical damage dealer. Though he has useful skill in form of stun (knockdown).

anus_pounder

Arcane
Just started. :salute:

Going with Goblin (for utility), Abomination (for tank and anti-magic) and Cultist (for healz). I'll rely on myself for magic damage. Think this party can make it? Admittedly, their actual specializations are a bit of an excuse. I just went with goblin because goblin, abomination because cool (nearly went skeleton for this factor as well), ditto for cultist.

:troll: :popamole:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Just started. :salute:

Going with Goblin (for utility), Abomination (for tank and anti-magic) and Cultist (for healz). I'll rely on myself for magic damage. Think this party can make it? Admittedly, their actual specializations are a bit of an excuse. I just went with goblin because goblin, abomination because cool (nearly went skeleton for this factor as well), ditto for cultist.

:troll: :popamole:

If you're going to be the main magical damage dealer then make sure to AVOID the Knight Magus path when the choice comes up later in the game.

Also, Samurais can just go to hell.

Tigranes

Arcane
Looks cool beans. I might wait though, I've still got to get into M&M6 and Grimoire Superdemo to really begin my blobber initiation.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Just finished.

SPOILERS ahead.

Impressions: Played on hard. Starting from middle-level fights are long, around 10+ minutes. Enemies have so much defense that you have slowly cut thru it to start doing damage. So if have physical damage dealer, he is useless in mage party since he is only one who cuts thru defense. Either mage party or physical damage party.

"Hate" is unreliable, tank was use mostly for control. Control is key with enemies who can one-shot weaker members.

Also main dmg comes from "dot" spells, poison, burns etc. They ignore defense. (Read above about massive defence of enemies). "Dots" and special spells that also ignore defence (backlash from Shadow is perfect).

Also sorcerer from lvl 45 gets 1-shot AOE nuke (800-1000 dmg AOE). But you get this only at end of game.

p.s. Ending is meh. And i had high hopes. -1 reputation for V_K.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Paper Sorcerer needs your help!

How?

11 Things that you can do…
Why eleven? Because Ultra Runaway Games goes one step beyond.

1. Buy the game, it’s only $5, every sale counts!
Ultra Runaway Store

2. Buy the soundtrack, add a tip to your purchase, or buy the game as a gift.
Paper Sorcerer is a great stocking stuffer!
You can buy a gift copy with the Humble widget on the Ultra Runaway store,
or you can buy gift copies on Desura, GamersGate, IndieGameStand, and Mac Game Store!

3. Like our Facebook Page and share it with your friends

4. Follow Jesse on Twitter
twitter.com/UltraRunaway

5. Send out a tweet on Twitter, spread #PaperSorcerer
Retweeting @UltraRunaway tweets are good too!
Click here to automatically tweet about Paper Sorcerer

6. Use a Paper Sorcerer avatar on forums/social sites
Instructions and avatars here

7. Give a shout out to Paper Sorcerer on forums that you frequent (mention the free demo)
Example Below:
Check out Paper Sorcerer, a stylish first-person turn-based RPG with adventure game elements, only $5 at ultrarunaway.com There's also a free demo here: ultrarunaway.com/web-demo.html

8. Do a Let’s Play or mention Paper Sorcerer on your Youtube channel
Youtube/Vimeo/etc. Legal details here

9. Sign up for our Newsletter
ultrarunaway.com/about.html

10. Mention Paper Sorcerer to a gaming news site (email them and let them know how awesome Paper Sorcerer is!)

11. Tell/E-mail your real-life friends about Paper Sorcerer – tell them to grab the demo and play it for themselves.

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Paper Sorcerer needs your help!

How?

11 Things that you can do…
Why eleven? Because Ultra Runaway Games goes one step beyond.

1. Buy the game, it’s only $5, every sale counts!
Ultra Runaway Store

2. Buy the soundtrack, add a tip to your purchase, or buy the game as a gift.
Paper Sorcerer is a great stocking stuffer!
You can buy a gift copy with the Humble widget on the Ultra Runaway store,
or you can buy gift copies on Desura, GamersGate, IndieGameStand, and Mac Game Store!

3. Like our Facebook Page and share it with your friends

4. Follow Jesse on Twitter
twitter.com/UltraRunaway

5. Send out a tweet on Twitter, spread #PaperSorcerer
Retweeting @UltraRunaway tweets are good too!
Click here to automatically tweet about Paper Sorcerer

7. Give a shout out to Paper Sorcerer on forums that you frequent (mention the free demo)
Example Below:
Check out Paper Sorcerer, a stylish first-person turn-based RPG with adventure game elements, only $5 at ultrarunaway.com There's also a free demo here: ultrarunaway.com/web-demo.html

8. Do a Let’s Play or mention Paper Sorcerer on your Youtube channel
Youtube/Vimeo/etc. Legal details here

9. Sign up for our Newsletter
ultrarunaway.com/about.html

10. Mention Paper Sorcerer to a gaming news site (email them and let them know how awesome Paper Sorcerer is!)

11. Tell/E-mail your real-life friends about Paper Sorcerer – tell them to grab the demo and play it for themselves.

I did 1, 6, 7 :)

Step it up :D

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Bought Paper Sorcerer+soundtrack couple days ago from the dev, feels like a very good game but needs a bit more polishing. UI is sometimes a bit clunky and buttons/graphics in UI are maybe a bit too big couple times (too much scrolling needed). I absolutely love the graphical style and despite some lacking polishing, it's very well done game.

Done.

Bought Paper Sorcerer+soundtrack couple days ago from the dev, feels like a very good game but needs a bit more polishing. UI is sometimes a bit clunky and buttons/graphics in UI are maybe a bit too big couple times (too much scrolling needed). I absolutely love the graphical style and despite some lacking polishing, it's very well done game.
Did you run into any game-breaking bugs or wonky balancing? I am planning to get the game eventually but have hesitated to do so so far, since the game seemed to have quite a number of issues at release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom