Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox announce Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 with Brian Mitsoda onboard as narrative lead

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Mitsoda; Cara Ellison; Florian Schwarzer; Hardsuit Labs; Paradox Interactive; Rachel Leiker; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Paradox Interactive's two month-long Tender ARG concluded as expected last night with the announcement of a new Vampire: The Masquerade RPG by Hardsuit Labs. What was less expected is that the game turned out to be not just a Vampire RPG, not merely inspired by Bloodlines, but a full-blown Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 with Brian Mitsoda himself onboard as lead narrative designer. The game is indeed set in Seattle, with the player taking on the role of a clanless "thin-blood" vampire recently converted in an illicit Mass Embrace. After escaping execution by the vampire court thanks to a mysterious firebombing, you'll find yourself on the streets and begin your new life as an up-and-coming vampire. Bloodlines 2 has quietly been in development since 2016, but for now all Paradox are willing to reveal of it in public is this cinematic announcement trailer, carefully labelled "NOT ACTUAL GAMEPLAY".

However, members of the press did get to see a private thirty minute demo of the game, and their impressions are quite positive. According to their previews, it's very much in the spirit of the original Bloodlines, with much-improved combat, immersive sim-style exploration, and a focus on factional choice & consequence. Here's a round-up of all the previews we've been able to track down:

Unlike a certain other game, Bloodlines 2 will be launching simultaneously on Steam, GOG and everywhere else. In fact, it's already available for preorder - $60 for a standard edition, $70 for one that includes a bunch of item DLCs, and $90 for the Season Pass edition (three story expansions are already planned). The game is currently scheduled for release a year from now, on March 2020. Let the drama begin!

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Nugget

Quite a few brand new FPP/RPGs to look forward in the coming months/years: Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds, and now VtM - Bloodlines 2. :shittydog:

(Does Dying Light 2 counts? :M)

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Let's stop them here. Let's convince them to make a sequel/remake of some other shitty game instead, like, I don't know, Fifa 1999.

One minute of silence to remember the other unlucky games that have been already murdered (press F to pay respect): Thief, Underworld, Deus Ex, System Shock, Ultima, Fallout, Torment, ...

We were naives, we had no experience. But now we know better. No more victims!

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
If, for any reason, this should turn out to be okay, I won't go as far as 'good'
[I just do not have enough imagination left], I'll give it a closer look after the
first 25 DLCs are released and the last 5 ones announced. I just went to
have a look at Crusader Kings 2, and there really are 30 DLCs available.
:shredder:

grimace

Arcane

Bloodlines 2 - Announcement Keynote
https://www.youtube com/watch?v=g8qsxNt3f0Y

Read the comments to see who the target market is.

"Please please please please pleeease make it playable in both 3rd persion view and first person view like the original! "

Ruzen

Savant
If, for any reason, this should turn out to be okay, I won't go as far as 'good'
[I just do not have enough imagination left], I'll give it a closer look after the
first 25 DLCs are released and the last 5 ones announced. I just went to
have a look at Crusader Kings 2, and there really are 30 DLCs available.
:shredder:
The new CEO has different opinions about that previous model. As newer titles prove: HOI4, Stellaris are throwing less DLC's.

theLorry

Educated
Yes! I've already pre-ordered the $250 version, which let's you play as a straight, white, non-vegan male vampire.

Some of the previews describe player acrobatics, but we probably need to see the gameplay ourselves to understand how it really works.
They were talking about how verticality was gonna be a thing.

grimace

Arcane
Embracing Mods

Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs are well aware the mod community played a critical role in fixing up the original Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines. To honor that legacy and reward their steadfast loyalty, Bloodlines 2 will support modding from day one.

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2019/03/21/a-long-sought-sequel-comes-out-of-the-coffin

There'll be full mod support out of the box - Paradox, ever a supporter of community, openly acknowledges the part the community played in keeping the original alive and restoring some of its grace.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...lines-2-is-a-darkly-fascinating-immersive-sim

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom