Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

That was the Camarilla sourcebook for V5. I posted it because it mentions Tender.

I don't think it's a remake.

Delterius

Arcane
If there turns out to be a remake in the works, we all know what is going to happen.

There will be those that assume the worst -- console friendly horror shooter with all new shooter parts and corridor cutscene syndrome.

There will be those that assume the best -- actually just bloodlines with updated graphics, better non facial animations, better combat animations and the overall vision for the game finished at long last with giving each clan halfway the customization that Malkavians got and etc.

IE, 'Remake' X 'Remaster' I guess.

We'll argue and bitch about it for a few years until the truth turns to be somewhere in the middle. Hopefully more towards the latter than the former.

But, sadly, this whole scenario is the best case possible. Odds are these are just teasers to another bowl of nothing coming the way of urban fantasy RPGs. Or, hell, these are just generic teasers to ~World of Darkness~ and the already announced furball interactive movie from cyanide.

Time to go back to sleep friendos.

Okagron

Prophet
Played it last year and i completely disagree that it needs a remake. It still holds up quite nicely, plus i'm getting sick and tired of remakes honestly.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I played it quite recently as well, the only problem with game is the melee combat sucks. Just stealth and shotgun when you can't is best way to play it.

Regardless, the game was not about combat and there is no point to a remake. Remakes are nostalgiafaggotry in their worst for anyway, if something is deserving of a remake it doesn't need one.

Viata

Arcane
Remakes are nostalgiafaggotry
Wrong. The people who want to play the old game, would just play the old game. The people who want remakes are those that don't want to play old games because it's old. There is no nostalgiafaggotry here. See:
y2OLgyW.png

He wants to play the game, but only the remake and not the original.

Okagron

Prophet
And does anyone play it like a shooter at all?
I did it in my first playthrough and the shooting isn't bad. Guns feel nice to shoot with, like the Colt Anaconda, and this is probably all attributed to the Source engine, which is a pretty good engine for shooters in my opinion.

Wesp5

Arcane
Played it last year and i completely disagree that it needs a remake. It still holds up quite nicely, plus i'm getting sick and tired of remakes honestly.

I agree. Bloodlines is one of the few games where graphics and animations don't really matter, because writing, story, characters and atmosphere are much more important! So what would a remake bring besides the chance that they mess some of the good parts up?

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Atmosphere can be improved with modern graphic, animation, and sound design.

VtMB has so many levels that didn't age gracefully, and are now more funny than scary.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Bloodlines is one of the few games where graphics and animations don't really matter
It's not just that. Bloodlines still looks good, the animations are great even by today's standards, the controls and mechanics aren't any less accessible than they were in 2004. Normies today don't have any problems getting into Bloodlines, so a remake is pointless.

Atmosphere can be improved with modern graphic, animation, and sound technology.
Audio tech in video games has literally not advanced since Bloodlines was released. Not that there's anything wrong with its sound anyway.

HansDampf

Arcane
Remake in Unity engine. More polygons, but less expressive faces. Better sound quality, but worse soundtrack and mediocre voice acting. Combat still sucks. Console UI. Game will be split into episodes. Can't wait.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Is the first vampire masquerades game still playable??

or is it pre 1995 archaic jank
If you're referring to Redemption, it's 2000 Diablo-style jank.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom