Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox to announce two new games in May

McPlusle

Savant
East v. West development reboot pls

Hellraiser

Arcane
It can only be Victoria 3 or a cold-war/modern game.

Victoria 3 would be great but I would rather see them go post-war with the same focus as Victoria 2 but with a better military layer. Also UN mechanics and corporations.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
these teasers are so obviously victoria 3 I want to kill them all for not making it

They carefully picked those teasers. Minorities and goods point to V3, but they (jokingly?) denied making it.

The amount of each goods produced is important.

And it's ambiguous enough to think it could mean a reworked trade good system for Rome 2 - though I think, that wouldn't necessarily fit the game, which should / will be more about senate politics.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
ea_being_ea_o_2233471.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Most likely it will be some mmo mobile shitty game,something like "The world of refugee gangs". And maybe some garbage tier vampire game. No matter what it is,the game will have more cuts than Michael Jackson.

Big Wrangle

And maybe some garbage tier vampire game.
I get the feeling they'll wait on that for a bit and see how the Werewolf game will pan out, then if does well spread the license to some developers. Or they could go the Games Workshop route and just dump it at anyone I guess.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And maybe some garbage tier vampire game.
I get the feeling they'll wait on that for a bit and see how the Werewolf game will pan out, then if does well spread the license to some developers. Or they could go the Games Workshop route and just dump it at anyone I guess.
I will be surprised if it turns well. The game doesn't look impressive and i haven't seen any marketing,also the devs have pretty shitty game backlog.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
According to their fans, they like to tease but never outright lie. No comment on that one.

Teaser #6 said:
Religion is present, but not the most important aspect.
This again would be such a big pointer towards Victoria 3, since it's the one where religion (or rather, different religion) is a small part of multiple different formulas like militancy and pop assimilation. Which makes the frequents denials baffling.

I mean, I guess it could simply be a Cold War game named 'MAD' but a map painting simulator set in an era when no map painting is allowed because of the thing in the title sounds like a parody.

It would be allowed, only nukes would start flying. Fun, fun, fun. A proper world war 3 simulator would make for a nice experience.

Also for a change it might be a game where the superpowers (as of the game start) don't blob into your shit or where the minors have a chance to thrive, after the big players get bombed back to the stoneage. Then you could blob as much as you want, until your rivals get nukes and repeat the cycle. Really MAD would make for an interesting and non-predictable experience, as depending on who allies with whom and who stays neutral lots of big and small nations could get nuked into oblivion leaving a blank slate for those not nuked.
Similarly, proxy wars would again make for something where minors matter more and are more proactive than the more passive and restricted majors.

Similarly, proxy wars would again make for something where minors matter more and are more proactive than the more passive and restricted majors.

There's just not enough room to operate, even with proxy wars. I mean, let's say I play as Yugoslavia. What would I even try to achieve? Go for the cultural victory by inventing turbo-folk? Unless you want to make it about nuclear war but even if you play as USA or USSR, you would basically just nuke and get nuked. And if you play as some other country you would just watch those two nuke each other.

Compare that to Sargon of Akkad.

Teaser #7 said:
There is no Norway on the map....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom