Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by raw, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837149

Fairly significant changes, especially to elemental conversion and the ranger/shadow side of the tree. Looking forward to the unique-rebalances. A nice first step towards better balancing, I'm guessing the defensive changes will be coming with 3.0 though.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    HAHAAHHAHAHAH
    RIP everyone in HC going CI builds :D

^ Top  
  3. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    deterministic system > RNG

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    ^ Top  
  4. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    That isn't nearly enough, CI will still dominate.

I was going to make elementalist lightning trapper converting all my damage to fire but they are going to change conversion numbers so now I don't know anymore. Is there a skill I could use with trap support to offscreen mobs? As far as I know traps fire in random direction when they expire (sunblast + 2cheap constructs). Lightning trap fires projectiles in a nova with good range so that's why I like it.

I was also thinking of trying EK poison traps with the new threshold jewel which makes it fire in a nova but I don't think I can get enough projectile speed to make it playable skill.

^ Top  
  5. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek

^ Top  
  6. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Leech effects in the Shadow area of the tree now leech from all attack damage, not just physical attack damage.

^ Top  
  7. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    My last trapper was a CI assassin that did Vortex converted to fire. I tried with sunblast and 2 cheap construction first and it was kind of OK but then I tried 2 jewels that increase trigger radius by 30% (and give bonus damage) and it worked even better that way. I used same two jewel slots, I could stack traps if I wanted, I even got bonus damage from those same jewels and I could use a better belt instead of sunblast.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    ^ Top  
  8. Drew Learned

Drew
    not even close
    ci still gives you a huge pool and if you're ci it's easy enough to get vp
    so now only oneshots kiil you
    so some volatiles, boss abilities, and dd on the same bodies as volatiles that scare you
    which is why every rip video since 2.0 has been either huge fuck up by the player, or boss dd, beefy volatile, or them getting hit by a boss ability

^ Top  
  9. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Not all builds have VP. I seen people play on HC and depend on Vaal Discipline to survive some fights.

^ Top  
  10. Drew Learned

Drew
    then it's a shit build that needs to do more damage (thereby needing vp to survive vs. a reflect rare)

^ Top  
  11. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek

^ Top  
  12. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    My lightning trapper had two vaal discipline but I rarely remembered to use those. But then again I didn't take damage that much.

^ Top  
  13. Drew Learned

Drew
    if you're not oneshotting yourself to reflect mobs without it your build isn't doing enough damage

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek

^ Top  
  15. Drew Learned

Drew
    what's still around that clears entire screens while you're charging to the next area that can't be reflected?
    lightning trapper? I mean yeah there's ed but ed is going ci because of where it is in the tree anyway, maybe a fb/firestorm totem but that's already significantly slower
    chaos conversion has been dead for a while
    I don't think you understand how slow most of the builds that fit those criteria are, or that they're gimmicky things for killing izaro/atziri and don't touch most content anyway
    Either that or you want to argue for giggles
    Everyone will still be going ci vp screenclearing builds so they can eat volatiles and reflect ezpz while killing everything in a half mile radius
    nerfing vdisc doesn't hurt that much since you already had a larger pool, oh no now my oh shit button doesn't also give me extra hp to go with my already larger hp pool

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Lol you are such a noob. Is this really your final answer?! You do know that reflect damage is applied before leech? So if you are doing that amount of damage, no amount of leech or VP is going to help you.

^ Top  
  17. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Jason Liang Magister

Jason Liang
    I'm quitting hc

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Zdzisiu Arcane

Zdzisiu
    Any particular reason why?

^ Top  
  20. Jason Liang Magister

Jason Liang
    There's just not enough reason to do hc and my gaming setup isn't optimal. I'm playing on a 6 year old laptop. And I rarely do trading so even less reason to play hc.

My breach witch ripped last night to fucking Spinesnap. As soon as I spotted him, my laptop froze up and 5 seconds later I was dead. It turns out that Adobe Acrobat tried to update at that moment.

I was pissed but what do I care breach league is over anyway. So I realized I'm over hc.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I was thinking of quitting the whole game, but I probably won't do it yet. I just read the development manifesto and it says they want more powerful builds. As if there aren't shitloads of op builds already.

^ Top  
  22. Carceri Arcane

Carceri
    Tbh you kinda deserve it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    There's an interesting ele trapper spec that uses Sire of Shards staff (socketed projectile skills get +4 projectiles, projectile skills fire in a nova) with magma orb/ball lightning to achieve significant aoe coverage. Given MO/BL's respectable default travel distance, it's entirely possible to throw a cluster of traps at the edge of the screen, and then it blows up (sunblast + 2x cheaper construction OR 2-3x hair trigger), and the skill clears mobs at least another 1/2 screen away. Doesn't work nearly as well in non-open layouts, but it seems solid otherwise.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. T. Reich Arcane

T. Reich
    Today was like a fucking christmas for me, only earlier and MUCH better!

During the last 2 weeks, I spent approx 100 ex in BSC on gear for my Std chars.
    Today the leagues merged, and I got my shiny new toys.
    And it was majestic! Equipping all that new cool strong gear and 21/20 gems and 4-mod jewels, and then cracking open some t14+ maps for quick tests, and not a single build failed my initial expectations.
    And I still have 3 more days of fun like that til the new league starts.
    :positive:

^ Top  
  25. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    What prevented you to equip all that on your breach characters?!

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)