Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jason Liang

Arcane
balance? lol

AoE got a pretty big nerf, that's about it.

They nerfed Orb of Storms for whatever reason.

T. Reich

Arcane
Lies.

Lucky.PNG

ArchAngel

Arcane
I know how it works, it is still not worth it under 50%, especially if you are using slow but hard hitting skills which need to crit those 1-2 times per group you use them, not fairly often 0 times vs a group. The chance it just too low for it to do much compared to Sulphur that is certain damage boost. This is especially noticeable for builds that don't invest into critical hits at all. With only base 5% chance, diamond flask will give you 7.5% crit chance which is completely worthless compared to Sulphur. And Sulphur gives life regen AND has 3 charges per full flask. It can also be a good flask for some status removal/immunity

ArchAngel

Arcane
No, and no.

Writhing jar is useful for 2 things currently: 1) proccing on-kill effects, 2) creating MASSIVE overkill leech pool for Slayer builds.
You can also equip Southbound gloves and have your OoS get you max PC on them :D

Jason Liang

Arcane
I found 6 uniques today, so Wondertrap seems to be working. Can't use most of them: Death's Harp, Perandus Blazon, Wake of Destruction, Ungil's Harmony, Fluid Motion and the nerfed Drillneck.

Maybe I should start a new build for Drillneck?

My scion build (bf cwc storm call, Spell Totem SCS, OoS CoH TC+Conductivity, frost wall) stopped dying so much after I got to Zealot's Oath. Seems to be working, bosses die after two level 6 BF blasts. My issues are #1) Blade Flurry is fugly looking and I still don't have a good feel of what it actually hits and #2) it has no double dipping synergy with storm call. So once I actually find a 5L or 6L I will probably switch to cwc SRS and Spell Totem Storm Call or something else.

LMB: Stone Golem
MMB: Whirling Blades + Faster Attack Support
RMB: Spell Totem + SCS + Minion Damage + Faster Casting Support
Q: Frost Wall + Increased Duration
W: OoS + CoH + Temporal Chains + Conductivity
E: Blade Flurry + CWC + Storm Call + Melee Physical Damage Support
R: Enduring Cry/ Vaal Haste+Increased Duration
T: Immortal Call/ Vaal Skeletons+Increased Duration

Auras: Discipline+Clarity+Blood Magic Support, Haste

I'll try and see if Concentrated Effort is worth it once I get a better chest. But dps isn't an issue at all right now.

Things are good tree-wise, except I'd like to get the Charisma notable but it would take me 8 skill points to get there. Not sure if it's worth it. I have 6 skill points saved up so far.

Jason Liang

Arcane
So I juggled SCS to CWC and SC to Spell Totem.

Plays so different now. Not sure it's better.

Now it's just a Spell Totem build and I hardly ever use Blade Flurry. I cast Totem, Whirl back, and enclose myself with Frost Walls, and then recast Totem. I only ever use BF if I need to leech life or as a boss killer. Can't really tell how much damage my SCS are doing since Totem kills all the enemies off screen before the skulls can get there. I am dying more but I think that's due to leeching less since I switched conductivity with Warlord's Mark. I think I should switch back (to Conductivity). Also, maybe I am leeching less since I'm not being credited with Storm Call hits and kills?

Found 4 uniques in about 1 1/2 hours, including a simple robe that wasn't tabla:negative: Also found Roth's Reach, Flesh Eater and Black Sun Crest.

Will try out this new configuration a few more times, see if I can get it working better.

LMB: Stone Golem
MMB: Whirling Blades
RMB: Spell Totem + Storm Call + Faster Casting Support + Spell Echo
Q: Frost Wall + Increase Duration
W: OoS + CoH + Temporal Chains + Warlord's Mark
E: Blade Flurry + CWC + SCS + Faster Attack Support
R: Vaal Haste + Increased Duration
T: Vaal Skeletons + Increased Duration
Auras: Discipline + Clarity + Blood Magic, Haste (I have an extra gem slot, maybe a 4th Aura?)
CoDT: Immortal Call

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why did you make a character that is a bit of everything? That does not work in PoE.

Jason Liang

Arcane
All of my currency is in HC so I'm just working with what I find. I know I could convert some of it but...

I've wanted to make a Lightning build Scion for a while (it's Omachi). She never worked in hc but now in sc I can tinker with the build easier. I guess Storm Call is my favorite lightning spell. It's got it's drawbacks but then so do the other lightning spells.

I'll probably end up with bf cwc storm call, dual spell totem storm call. Storm call synergizes well with storm call right?

Not sure how you'd suggest I focus the build better. It's not my fault I haven't found even a 5L yet.

ArchAngel

Arcane
All of my currency is in HC so I'm just working with what I find. I know I could convert some of it but...

I've wanted to make a Lightning build Scion for a while (it's Omachi). She never worked in hc but now in sc I can tinker with the build easier. I guess Storm Call is my favorite lightning spell. It's got it's drawbacks but then so do the other lightning spells.

I'll probably end up with bf cwc storm call, dual spell totem storm call. Storm call synergizes well with storm call right?

Not sure how you'd suggest I focus the build better. It's not my fault I haven't found even a 5L yet.
If you are set on Storm Call, get Voltaxic bow and poison from somewhere and focus on chaos damage. Then you can do Blight+cwc+StormCall+Void Manipulation or something (or Elemental Focus since you don't really care for shocking enemies but about poisoning them) (and less duration works with Storm Call and should double dip for poison as well).

Jason Liang

Arcane
I was going to add, besides it's league so currency doesn't matter. Brain fart, tired.:negative:

Your idea would work well since if I stick to low life I'll need to get the chaos resist wheel between Shadow and Ranger (and it's on path to Charisma). So I should have a chaos damage spell from somewhere somehow.

Just did a dried lake run, got 2 uniques, both useable! Ornament of the East and Kaom's Sign.

Anyway, I'm just experimenting. Just reporting that cwc SRS isn't as good as it looks in theory. I realized that part of the problem was that cwc was casting the SRS from me, not from where I'm pointing, whereas with Storm Call it casts where I point.

AMG

Arbiter
+level stuff is pretty much wortless for attack gems, both empower and skin of the loyal aren't useful. Melee phys at full life is an option, although it only affects the initial hit. Hypothermia is alright, but there are map mods that prevent chill and guardians can't be chilled either, so I don't like it.
I would slot probably Frost Blades/WED/Multistrike/Faster Attacks/Cold Pen/Crit Strikes or Melee phys depending on whether you're going Crit
Maybe switch FA for Melee Phys(on full life if you're already using normal one), your AoE clear will probably be good enough, so better single target DPS will be more preferable.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm working on a 2nd character- blood magic mortal conviction witch that can switch between Tukohama's Fortress and Prism Guardian.

Alas it seems I'm taking Occultist again.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom