Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyone gets freezes, inf loading screens and crashes in azurite mines as often as I do?

Shitton of loot per node I gotta say, it's like mapos but concentrated loot.

Crashes, Flares and Parties
Sure didn't lie about the crashes.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not a big fan of flares and dynamite. That aside, I like the new paladin sort of theme going on there, with smite/dominating blow/herald of purity, leveling is fairly enjoyable and you are kept engaged due to summons' limited duration, a bit of a pain against bosses with phases tho and changing zones kills most of your army which is rather unfortunate.

I'm having fun with that build too. DB and HoP has a chance to summon guardians when attacking uniques at least. Consecrated path is fun with that setup too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Plan was to level with SRS, Zombies and Spectres and then switch to Flame Golems ASAP but that leveling was crappy so I switched to Zombies, Stone Golems and Spectre and using Consecrated Path new skill to heal myself and minions. Leveling is fun now.
Now I am going to do this until my Flame Golem skill gets to lvl 12 and then switch to Flame Golems and Spectre and Arc that applies EE to enemies.

T. Reich

Arcane
Dynamite and flare mechanics suck big time - it's like Bestiary all over again.
Really makes for a shitty delve exploration experience.
Those breakable walls are double retarded - it's dark already, so you can't see them from away, and then you need to spend a LOT of time breaching through them.

My current "tech" is speccing into Slayer ascendancy for that phat overleech and then simply running in the dark and looting the nearby shit while the overleech offsets the darkness degen.
Using flares is simply wasteful most of the time. Better hoard that azurite for upgrades that matter.

Finally, making the mobs in darkness invulnerable? Wow, what a shitshow! Just what you need when exploring the side tunnels - the dark that kills you, AND the mobs that kills you that you can't kill back.

I mean actually hitting things with your weapons instead of swinging your weapon for whatever reason where magma, fire, lightning, ghost blades and so on kills your enemies.
Cleave champion.
Heavy strike + melee splash?

I'm running with double strike as my league starter (2h sword slayer). As close to "true melee" as it gets.
Melee splash + ancestral call lets me handle the mob packs easily. Herald of ash burn and herald of purity summons finish off the rest.

I REALLY have no idea what i'm doing. Lvl 35 and 20 free skill points.
Just don't do the same mistake I did first and stay the hell away from energy shield. It's a trap and utterly useless until very late into the game and with all the right skills.

Not true.
You CAN level with energy shield as well, BUT it requires a good deal of meta-gaming knowledge and access to certain high ES leveling uniques.
People reported successfully leveling as CI as early as lvl30-ish (or even less?). It's even easier as hybrid life+es, because while leveling there are VERY few sources of chaos damage.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
People reported successfully leveling as CI as early as lvl30-ish (or even less?). It's even easier as hybrid life+es, because while leveling there are VERY few sources of chaos damage.
This is true. I did hybrid leveling once, and the only time I really remember having issues was the sewers in sarn revisit.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I REALLY have no idea what i'm doing. Lvl 35 and 20 free skill points.
Just don't do the same mistake I did first and stay the hell away from energy shield. It's a trap and utterly useless until very late into the game and with all the right skills.
Not true.
You CAN level with energy shield as well, BUT it requires a good deal of meta-gaming knowledge and access to certain high ES leveling uniques.
Maybe, but I was assuming he was talking about being really new ("I have no idea what I'm doing") and thus no access to any specific uniques.
I had no access to those when I did it and limited meta-gaming knowledge, and that ended up a total disaster :lol:

Shadenuat

Arcane
oh wow, that blade flurry fx is... character doesn't even play actual weapon attack animation. and they're adding new gems instead of re-working some old ones?

thank you random drop for that Vaal Reave I got (in the same level with Vaal Skeletons, what the fuck my witch still doesn't have one). I guess Reave build it is for meh ranger. can't choose between claws and daggers though. Leveling with claws seems like it would be easier (need less INT) and the claw node is closer. but daggers look like the way for maximum damage. also not sure if I should mix in poison or other afflictions into it.

I picked Vaal Pact too. Made for a quite safe fight with Dominus and I'm clearing act 4 now. Going for Acrobatic & Phase Acrobatics and then it's the crit, hp nodes and the choice between claws and daggers.

So far I established Vaal Reave > PhysDmg > Ruthless etc. & Whirling Blades > Fortify > FA. Thing is I also want to use Frenzy charges for maximum larp, but not sure how to generate them with daggers. I use Frenzy gem for now but it's just for leveling. (yeah it's delve ssf so I have 0 anything, keeping a pair of high level good +%phys damage daggers is already a problem while leveling)

Oh nvm frenzy, checked Raider, all is fine with frenzy and onslaught are all covered it seems. just need to stack them +max charges.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I would go claw, the survivability they offer is awesome compared to a bit more dps.
Also claws don't roll caster mods so it is easier to get useful rare claws in ssf.

Perkel

Arcane
Did standard league received anything from recent expansions ?
Also does new lighting works for anyone ? I see it sometimes working but not at all times.
Ambient Occlusion i saw in trailers isn't at all present.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Bhut mononoke used dagor. ...yeah claws make more sense, even that starting life leech from level ~50ish ones is really good and I can start pumping dps right now already. And crafting daggers is the pain in the ass.

guess we'll be changing direction to a little lesbian wolverine. (ranger dialogue, I swear... then again with that look and hair cut... the hell did I expect.)

finished act 4. Hardest were some of 3 bosses because I either couldn't leech enough or some of them had reflect maybe. With Vaal Pact it's very tricky you can't just dodge around while regenning gotta always be on offence. but really interesting. Malachai went down very slowly but at a very steady pace, bosses with adds provide great sustain for Reave + Multistrike.

#VaalGal4life

Did standard league received anything from recent expansions ?
More divination cards :shittydog:
And items I guess. Also Zana now gives you some cards for finishing parts of the mapo plot.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Blood Rage doesn't work on solo enemies since you don't have anything to kill to generate charges. But I do have it and use it cause mah logan.

Just finished killing Innocence and was reminded how much melee is... melee. And it's not that he is unkillable or anything, but the openings are actually so short I was running 90% of the time. Moment I reach him he either did a 1-shot attack or the statue would follow me and it's all over again. The yakety sax boss. I remember fighting him with my witch basically standind behind some statue and summoning skeletons with one hand and drinking tea with another.

Gerrard

Arcane
The mine upgrades are per character r00fles!
This league is dead in the water.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
this is funny.
since 1 hr i constantly die.
especially in Delves, which sucks even more.

than i realized it must be that random enchant Nightmare Izaro enchanted my leveling Gloves with to fck me in my own DelvHole.
with 2x Heralds fcking Edict of the Grave triggers all the time and than little skulls start chasing me and explode for a ton.

i assumed it was some Delve mechanic, as i went down there right after Nightmare Lab.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Having great fun with smite, dominating blow, consecrated path and herald of purity as a guardian. Especially after getting second lab.points.
Dom.blows is good for delving. Getting a rare mob with speed, regen or allies don't die aura really helps with exploring. Main problem in delve for me is flares, clunky and fucking random most of the time. While other upgrades helped with exploring flare upgrades barely made any difference.
Also I hate to admit that I suck at finding "secret" routes to delves without any connection....

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm just running with crawler. Risk/reward ratio of hidden chests is shit anyway until now.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Chests are mostly crap unless it's a currency chest. Always aim for currency and gem chest without a doubt. And many fossils and the upgrade thingys are in dark too.
This is the first leagues I got 2 exalts and 50 chaos orbs before 70th lvl, without any trading. Prices gonna be a lot higher in this league I guess.

Anyone find the any dragon btw?

Edit: BTW check your item filters, blues with multiple craft mods drop regularly after a point and my filter wasn't showing them...

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Thank god, GGG decided to make Azurite based upgrades account (league) based instead of character based. Now I can try multiple characters :)

Reinhardt

Arcane
Time to start farming dem upgrades for my second character. I'll run blood aqueduct for tabula and vaal bosses for challenge.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Got my first usable unique on level 60ish which was Carcass Jack. Turned out great for Reave but all I see is gory shit and explosions and can't figure out the hell is happening during combat. But with that I finally feel like DPS is ok. Problem is I am level 65 and my hp is 2500. With a lot of +hp on items. And Evasion... kinda sucks ass. Only leech from claws keeps me going. But all the sweet hp nodes are in range, just need to suffer a bit more till levels 75ish.

9th act Shavronne was hard and just frustrating for meleeing. Other bosses... manageable but still hard. Trinity was very easy in comparison. Melee actually teaches the boss patterns, lol. With summoner or ranged I just never bothered. The opening windows are small, the invulnerability parts are infuriating. The scorpion lady boss was easy, but 70% of the fight was her jumping in the sand between losing HP. This is what I miss so much from, say Diablo 2 - bosses having no dumb stages, you summon Diablo, you can hit Diablo, that was it.

Still it's the most interesting run I had so far. Diving into huge packs of mobs with Whirling Blades, going all RAEG, or dying in glory, popping evasion/smoke flasks like ninja or passing through stuff with Phase Run, plus managing frenzy. Can't wait to get my Raider talents. Once you get a liking to it pew pewing shit with spellz feels boring in comparison.

So far established: Reave>Melee Physical>Multistrike>FA. Not sure what to add if I will have 5L, I thought increased critical multiplier? Since I collect crit nodes.
Frenzy>Curse on hit>Assassin's Mark. Frenzy gonna be replaced with something once I will be able to generate it through Raider talents. I don't feel the need for that curse on hordes but I want this curse on bosses and maxed level. Also I want to leave an actual extra melee combo skill as luxury item because Reave often feels like just another AoE spell.
WB>FA>Fortify. Whatever.
Riposte>Power Charge on Crit. I ran Vengeance>Endurance Charge on Stun before, just messed up with them sockets. I don't want any summons so tinkering with these skills. Doesn't seem optimal though since my block chance is lowered due to Acrobatics.
CWDT>Temporal Chains, not sure what to put here really, put same shit I did usually.
Blood Rage/Hatred/Phase Run in a second claw.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Actually my first character in league turned not retarded enough. She can clear packs fast and has decent tankyness. Now i must plan next one. Maybe full physical melee raider with herald of purity, brutality and iron reflexes...

Reinhardt

Arcane
Evasion is for pussies who cannot facetank like real man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom