Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Reinhardt

Arcane
Ok, i give up. Looked everywhere. WHERE?!

11v5qnb.png

abija

Prophet
Who are you talking to?
You, obviously? Your damage was too low that's why "there's no respite". And acts 1-10 have been nerfed so much that shouldn't happen in most decent builds (not as in following a guide but as in making some sense in picking talents/support gems).

Sykar

Arcane
Who are you talking to?
You, obviously? Your damage was too low that's why "there's no respite". And acts 1-10 have been nerfed so much that shouldn't happen in most decent builds (not as in following a guide but as in making some sense in picking talents/support gems).

Do you even read this thread or are you lacking reading comprehension? A already mentioned that I beat Kitava on three different characters, specifically my Elementalist, Necro and Occultist with one death on my Necro because she had pure garbage self found gear and I was too carefree. The only reason why I have not done so with my Inquisitor now is due to all the damn crashes I get when I go town and back during the fight which I do usually around half time. If this continues I'll just die through the fight and hope going in through the front door instead of going through the town portal will let me finish this miserable boring piece of shit fight. Any map boss is more fun than Kitava, except for his map variant of course.

In case you still have not gotten it, I was speaking from the perspective of a fresh inexperienced player in HC. In HC most of your gear and points will be put into defense and your offense will be significantly weaker than the average SC characters who can afford a death or two or even ten.

abija

Prophet
1. a fresh inexperienced player shouldn't be in hc and I seriously doubt he would be at kitava
2. regardless of your defenses you should have the dps to not be overwhelmed in that fight (SELF FOUND) if the build is decent
(also never implied you didn't beat the fight, just pointed out the fight is in line with all the other 1-10 content atm, seriously undertuned, your build was probably just bad)

Reinhardt if you look for a fractured wall you need to check the darkness around all waypoints and the way between them that are close to that area (yeah is as bad as you think or worse)

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Worst boss design in PoE is Vilenta, not Kitava.
Yeah, that fight sucks donkey balls with all the "lololol cant target me now and I will carpet bomb you" shit.

If they changed the reward from a skill point to some random rares or skill gems I would never do that fight again.

Gerrard

Arcane
Rolled a siege axe with T2 attack speed and increased phys in 2 alts.
:shredder:
Suddenly Ground Slam feels pretty good.

Also found 3 six links today, something bad will happen.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
1. a fresh inexperienced player shouldn't be in hc and I seriously doubt he would be at kitava
I disagree, I've only ever played HC :M

Worst boss design in PoE is Vilenta, not Kitava.

You know what, I had nearly forgotten about her at this point. And I agree she is even more annoying than Kitava.
Personally I think sewer doedre and shadow bear are worse. Although vilentas constant invulnerability frames are annoying.

Thought I had a cool extra ability for the poison build I'm working on, but then I learned herald of agony doesn't work with curse on hit. Muy sad.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Found inspired learning in ssf. Now i need to find place for it.

Also league is buggy as fuck. First i lost vaal outpost due to bug, now underground stash is broken too.

Absinthe

Arcane
I disagree, I've only ever played HC :M
Ditto.

Thought I had a cool extra ability for the poison build I'm working on, but then I learned herald of agony doesn't work with curse on hit. Muy sad.
If it's just a single curse then just cast it directly with Spell Cascade, Increased Area of Effect, and Faster Casting.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yeah, i think i need break after all. Got 2 characters to 80 something levels and 100+ delve and i'm already bored even before endgame. Hope next league will be bestiary level shit.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you take the 0,001% of results people post on reddit as norm.
Meanwhile my every attempt ends like this

ArchAngel

Arcane
I mostly use this new crafting system to alch maps :D
There is no advantage but they are taking too much stash space and this feels at least a somewhat useful way to use them.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I must say the Golemistress I made is a very fun character. I had one death to mobs since I started mapping and that was due to forgetting to resummon my Flame Golems and only running around with one of each other golems that are not supported with offensive gems. Normally I am running around with 10 brolems, I am immune to all elemental effects and I also have good life/mana regen and phy damage reduction and good dodge.

I have not yet reached top level content (tier 12 maps at most) but that is due to not wanting to buy maps and instead wanting to progress at my own speed. As a result my Delving is also slower, I am at monster level 75 in Delves (about equal to t7 maps). Delves give lots of xp. Even being now lvl 91, I still get a fair bit of XP running these low level delves.

Sykar

Arcane
I really wonder if I need to upgrade my 6-7 year old I5/AMD 6950/8 GB rig. Whenever I play my WI/CoC Incinerate build I get insane drops of my framerate from 70-80 to 0 quite often especially during Abyss and other such events. Though in general PoE needs a long time ingame before my SATA HDD finishes loading everything. I can twiddle my thumbs for a minute or two ingame usually going to the kitchen and making me a tea. I guess a SSD would solve that problem.

Question is what would most likely aleviate my FPS drops the most. What do you guys think?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I really wonder if I need to upgrade my 6-7 year old I5/AMD 6950/8 GB rig. Whenever I play my WI/CoC Incinerate build I get insane drops of my framerate from 70-80 to 0 quite often especially during Abyss and other such events. Though in general PoE needs a long time ingame before my SATA HDD finishes loading everything. I can twiddle my thumbs for a minute or two ingame usually going to the kitchen and making me a tea. I guess a SSD would solve that problem.

Question is what would most likely aleviate my FPS drops the most. What do you guys think?
I got a i5 4690, GTX 960 , 16 GB RAM and SSD and game does not run well on my PC as well. Especially now that I got all these summons. But loading times are short :D
And I got almost all my graphic settings on lowest.
The game is not well optimized for sure.

Shadenuat

Arcane
got through a few milestones. mainly 5-linked Vaal Reave, thus dropping my second melee skill (Dual Strike). I still carry it around for a swap but so far did not need it. Hit 100k dps, well at least that's what tooltip says, cause I got Lion's Roar. Now my squirrel girl is more of wolverine girl, she runs around and roars and Vaal Reave-push bullies everything around wearing her lion helmet. (awesome) Also got the delve birdie. now I'm not so lonely. Grabbed ice golem. He sucks but also not so lonely and sometimes he eats enemy opening salvos. Replaced most 20lvl gems with +20% quality so more grinding again.

I feel like I hit the wall though. Without high tier maps which don't want to drop I can't get to begin enchant steel rings or shaped claws to get more extra damage. And I'm stuck at 4500 hp. Might want to respec and travel to Constitution to increase hp% from 160 to 200-210, but thats pushing it for levels 87-88 and DPS begins to fall down. And I want at least to get to 5k hp for uber bizarro. I am so thirsty for survivability I was even concidering picking dual wield block nodes somehow but it's counter intuitive to Acrobatics and eats even more points.

Right hand: Hatred, Blood Rage, Phase Run
Left hand: Riposte>Endurance on stun>Power charge on crit
Chest: Vaal Reave>FA>Phys dmg>Multi>Crit damage
Head: CWDT>Ice nova>Blind>Assassin's Mark
Gloves: Whirling Blades>FA>Fortify>Maim
Boots: Ice Golem>Multistrike>Hypothermia>Minion damage maim>blind/culling>life/magic find gem imastupud

Avatar of Slaughter+Avatar of Chase. The flasks are hp, diamond, jade, quarz & lion's roar; the pantheon are Lunaris and Tukohama.

I finally don't die like crazy fuck unless it's chaos damage, but I also pot like a junkie. That dumb unique potion pushed my character further than all my pathetic casual attempts at picking correct passives and jewels.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom