Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
TmxMQlT.jpg

Only took me 2 years.

T. Reich

Arcane
I managed to push 300k+ shaper dps on PS in PoB on a reasonably expensive build (500k+ if you start clicking on flasks, but that's cheating).

Of course, since PS is very similar to KB, swapping in KB will produce much better overall deeps, and swapping in barrage will produce much better single target deeps.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Fuck alla ya.
Vorici was pure class.
The only master with non-popamole missions that require you to actually put some effor in.
Decline enablers, the lot of you!

Vorici is the only one where you can actually fail once in a while.
I often fail to accept Catarina missions, I am not sure why...
I do it out of principle.

I aint babysitting your retarded zombie babies you cunt!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You can get better stuff from him
Got gloves 3 times, flask twice, never got the sword.
cDzKjoD.jpg

4k HP absolutely viable, lmao

Sharpedge

Prophet
Yeah, the loot is ok, but you do need to actually run it multiple times before it pays off. I have still yet to beat uber elder myself (something I would like to do at some point), but I got tired of my character at level 98 and I am the type of person that likes to play 1 character per league and doesn't like rerolling.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
you do need to actually run it multiple times before it pays off
Path of Exile in a nutshell
difficulty content rarely leads to good reward, it's all in RNG
I hate gambling in games and real life but Path of Exile is sole exception for me.

New stuff about Masters system
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2251569
you can work for them all day, level up faster (unless GGG somehow slow it down because fuck you that's why) and rely on RNG for their spawns.
meh

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Would be pretty stupid to just run a boss once and get the best item he can drop, no? Why would you wanna replay the game, or replay the content, if you got everything handed to you on your first kill?

I can't place my finger on it but this game didn't grab me like D2 did. I can't explain why. On paper I should prefer this over Fisher-Priceablo 3. But I don't get it.

Absinthe

Arcane
The story and setting got more and more retarded and the game has become an incredibly senseless nonstop grind all about maxing DPS and clear speed with ever-rising powercreep. Basically the gameplay is monotonous, customization is increasingly cosmetic thanks to ridiculously powerful boss attack patterns that are frequently liable to murder everyone the same way regardless of build and thus necessitate the same overall playstyle, and there's no personality or charm left in the game proper since it doesn't even know what it's about anymore. It's become a convoluted mess that keeps shitting out new content and doesn't have much compelling force left, really. It also doesn't help how the economy has gone to shit and orbs like alchs have lost value thanks to super-alchs like essences. The reason SSF became so popular is because the practical value of currency orbs has fallen off and the game has become increasingly formulaic. Build-enabling uniques used to be okay, but with build-enabling unique jewels among other things it's gotten stupid to the point that it's become a standard baseline to expect someone to use the appropriate uniques with the proper skill gem. At the end of the day the game has become a very rote and dull meaningless performance.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The lightning one looks pretty decent I'd say, I guess we will have to see how you can scale their damage, cast speed, and trigger-rate.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only Winter Orb so far looks decent. Meteor Brand could be cool if it was faster.
But yea, the basic animations are bad. I guess they have to sell their skill MTX somehow.

T. Reich

Arcane
The lightning one didn't look like anything at all, because all we saw was Arc + Inpulsa's showcase.

The fire one looks like shite.

But then again, people (myself included) shitted on the scourge arrow as "too clunky for clear speed meta", and it turned out to be an actually really nice bow skill!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom