Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Oh, nice arc totem you have there, templar faggot. Here, have this It that fled possessed by cutthroat.

Oh, you ripped at 82? :^)

:negative:

i24oMMT.jpg

Finally got a good drop, according to price check thingy it should be somewhere around 3 exalts.

:love:

Sykar

Arcane
I want some input on this idea I try to realize:

www.poeurl.com/ccff

It is a Standard league softcore Stormcaller Inquisitor going for high crit, life and max block. So far I get block up to 53% with Xirgil's Crank and The Anvil. Perfect Rumi's could bring me to 73% and 2% from jewel I guess. Spell block seems to be impossible to get to 75% with staff though.

Any input welcome.

Gerrard

Arcane
>"We need some extra time to integrate Incursion into the main game."
>nothing's changed

T. Reich

Arcane
>nothing's changed

Up to 3 incursions spawn per instance.
Rebalanced density of incursion spawn rates - now it's not ubiqutous, but at the same time it happens often enough that you actually feel like it's a part of the game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Decoy totems - Multiple totems doesn't work together :(

I'm only in act 6 so far, but the master spawn rates feel quite low. Feels like I'm getting one master per act (not counting Jun). Einhars "quests" are also super boring, just run around the map randomly and kill beasts that aren't even noteworthy (at least in my experience, red beasts pale so hard in comparison to betrayal fights that you barely even notice them). Delve is delve, but now it's even harder to do level appropriate ones.

This league has not been very good to me so far, super low on currency, and not even at resistance caps even though I'm running purity of elements. Arc + Vaal Blade Vortex feels pretty good though.

>nothing's changed
They needed to rework the entire master system to fit it in. That's not nothing.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
>nothing's changed
and Delve too

but they did some changes to Incursion - now rare monsters are way more powerful than Architects, don't know why they did this

oh and map drops are even worse, this time with yellow maps drops being scarce

I took vacations from this league, it sounds promising and full of potential but overall - it was boring and disappointing. Unless you enjoy spam of AOE all over the screen and dying a lot.

Sharpedge

Prophet
>nothing's changed
and Delve too

but they did some changes to Incursion - now rare monsters are way more powerful than Architects, don't know why they did this

I took vacations from this league, it sounds promising and full of potential but overall - it was boring and disappointing. Unless you enjoy spam of AOE all over the screen and dying a lot.
I am not sure how you are struggling with maps, I am easily sustaining T14s and T15s.

If you need any maps though I don't mind helping out with atlas completion.

ArchAngel

Arcane
>nothing's changed
and Delve too

Added Incursion is OK, added Bestiary content is cool, Devle content is a bit worse than in Delve, main league content is hilariously bad. Battles are 3x harder than normal map content, especially Fortification and rewards are pathetic.
So far I did two Incursion Temple runs but 0 Mastermind runs (only got it to above 50% so far). And from their Safehouses I got nothing worth anything, maybe few chaos or regal drops.

As it is looking now, I might even get to do Elder before Mastermind LOL.

And bugs and crashes.. oh dear. This league is more buggy for me than Bestiary was. I think GGG needs to switch to 4 month schedule instead of 3 months, they don't have enough time to make these expansions and make changes to base game like they are doing atm.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Battles are 3x harder than normal map content, especially Fortification and rewards are pathetic.
I agree on this. When 3 syndicate members show up at the same time it is many times harder than act bosses and the like. In theory the rewards could be nice but it seems really hard to manage the investigation so that the safehouses are staffed by high ranking members.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Battles are 3x harder than normal map content, especially Fortification and rewards are pathetic.
I agree on this. When 3 syndicate members show up at the same time it is many times harder than act bosses and the like. In theory the rewards could be nice but it seems really hard to manage the investigation so that the safehouses are staffed by high ranking members.
I had few safehouse fights now. Some with higher level members as well. Fights are way easier than most Fort battles. I never got anything good from it. Some scarabs once, I sold one for 7c. That was by far the best reward.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

That's pretty brutal. Hard to see his full defences, but fortify and 6.2k hp is nothing to sneer at.

I had few safehouse fights now. Some with higher level members as well. Fights are way easier than most Fort battles. I never got anything good from it. Some scarabs once, I sold one for 7c. That was by far the best reward.
Safehouse fights seem on the easier side since the enemies spawn staggered and spread out, so you can actually kill the main enemy before the others even appear.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
tried to play this, why is the camera so zoomed in?
It is a design choice for a few reasons.

From a technical standpoint, zooming out more would significantly increase the load the game has to process and would increase the game requirements.

From gameplay standpoint, its partially about not being able to see very far around you so you can't just spot the danger miles away and annihilate it from the distance.

From the atmosphere standpoint, a close zoom gives the game the feeling of claustrophobia, uncertainty of what lays forward and what looks in the shadows.

But don't worry, you quickly get used to it and learn to operate at this level of zoom.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You know what's bad?
Investigation progress is shrinking. I was ready to invade some syndicate's safehouse or whatever but went elsewhere - did map or two, delved once. Never met any syndicate goons.
And lo and behold - can't invade them because progress shrinked by 1/5. meh

Yeah the main mechanic is extremely tedious and weak this league. It's like a worse version of bestiary.

Playing this game on HC is an exercise in futility. I gave up on it after a while, the game is not designed for it and isn't nearly stable enough. I think out of like 20-25 hc deaths, only one was me actually fucking up, the rest were crashes/disconnects/disjoints and random ass oneshots.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I find the Syndicate ok, with the exception of the Intervention members since they hard lock aggression on you and do not let up until you die. You cannot bait them with a taunt totem or anything. Fortification is tedious, but it can be done. Safehouses are much easier to do for some unknown reason.

As an aside when you do the mastermind she has some very weird mechanics, I spent 5 minutes running around trying to figure out how to damage her. I do not recommend going in blind.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom