Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
You need to whisper either me, Reich or Hoaxmetal while we are in game.
:negative:
Did I forget about you? Shit, sorry!

You can contact this man too. But he will probably try and molest you!
i just dont want to miss any chance of ignoring user requests :negative:
after all i got promoted only because i said that I dont want to be officer and Im interested in doing nothing.
The perfect candidate, I see!

Ok, my char name is Pustule_Pete whisper me for invite anyone.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
now back on topic, this new lucidity node giving you -3 channeling cost, is it before or after multipliers? Can you basically run around with full mana reservation? I know that 3 base is not enough, but multiplied left over can be handled by single elron ring.
Pretty sure it's after multipliers, other -spell cost effects work like that.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This league needed some more polishing.

I planned a 6 length memory run, then halfway a distant memory spawned in the way. Or am I missing some button to place memories before their point on the chain is reached ?

Gerrard

Arcane
You can't be serious, PoE crashes like a motherfucker. I think they still have some unfixed issues with the GPU multithreading, many people report that turning it off stops the crashes.

Sykar

Arcane
You can't be serious, PoE crashes like a motherfucker. I think they still have some unfixed issues with the GPU multithreading, many people report that turning it off stops the crashes.

No I am serious, I mean I had a crash once in a while before but three crashes in one day is new and it happened while playing my Whispering Ice Elementalist, every time, though that might have been coincidence. Thanks for the tip with GPU multi, will try that out tomorrow.

Gerrard

Arcane
In my case it's definitely something related to sound/visual effects, it most often happens when running into some new group of enemies.

No I am serious, I mean I had a crash once in a while before but three crashes in one day is new and it happened while playing my Whispering Ice Elementalist, every time, though that might have been coincidence. Thanks for the tip with GPU multi, will try that out tomorrow.
Keep in mind that that will most likely negatively affect your performance (depending on what settings you use).

E: some mods are more equal than others
Yef9KN2.jpg

:shredder: I wonder if it goes higher.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You can stack more and more of the mods the longer you dont run the fragment, yes. Even a shitty magic one can easily become a high-value fragment. Pop a high zone-level fragment on a +2 moblevel, +40% packsize or +2 duration amplifier, keep it there for a while and do memory modifiers around it, and watch the mods stack higher and higher.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pick up random white darkwood sceptre with good links. What the hell, let's transmute it... +15% mana regen, ok that's nice. Might as well augment it. +1 cold skills. Freezing pulse here I come :love:

I wish rng would be this pleasant with higher level items as well.

Gerrard

Arcane
Pick up random white darkwood sceptre with good links. What the hell, let's transmute it... +15% mana regen, ok that's nice. Might as well augment it. +1 cold skills. Freezing pulse here I come :love:

I wish rng would be this pleasant with higher level items as well.
Protip: you can make +1 weapons using a vendor recipe.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
f68b901c54.jpg

This shit is gonna be fun. Or super disappointing. Either way, I'm enjoying upgrading fragments like crazy :D

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
f68b901c54.jpg

This shit is gonna be fun. Or super disappointing. Either way, I'm enjoying upgrading fragments like crazy :D

I made a similar memory just to step in blue shit as soon as I started it...
That fucker moves too fast sometimes and my reflexes are old :/
I think the trick is to always move towards the center at the start of a memory (if possible) otherwise you occasionally get completely blindsided by rapidly expanding nothingness. Just like how you should immediately fire aoe attacks as soon as memory starts, as large packs often congregate just at the beginning, waiting to tear you a new one.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
The start closes in incredibly fast and youre baited into killing the mobs that are waiting for you at the start. I usually ignore them (well, I drop one CS and run away towards the center like Jaedar said) and from there you just move to the sides one by one to check the 3 possible positions. There will always be a bunch of mobs between the start and the stabilizers, so if youre starting in the northwest, and youre heading for the northeast and there is no mobs around for a few seconds, its very likely that there is no stabilizer there.

The stabilizer will get eaten very late, so if its a 3way fragment, the moment you found the second stabilizer just stick to the edge of the area as much as possible since those will usually be safe the longest. In indoor areas I generally go for the center asap and try to branch out from there, in open-area ones you can usually stick to the sides from the start and just circle around.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
d86597e3e7.jpg

when you least expect it to happen it does happen

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom