Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Betrayal, I think, is an awesome concept overall, with lather lacklustre implementation (symptomatic of a lot of GGG's content, really). They did fix a good deal of shittiness by the latter part of the league. But its "integration" into the main game as of Synthesis was, IMO, two steps back - it's disgusting how they managed to break whatever was working fine, didn't address at all what was still unfixed, and the "rebalancing" of various values had been done horribly.
I totally agree on betrayal being a good concept, but the fuckers are way too strong, and managing the syndicate gives me a headache. Feels like you need a separate spreadsheet to track which options can trigger when, which members are riptastic (and at what ranks/items), what the rewards are, etc. And now when you barely encounter them, it's an insane amount of work for the payoff. I avoid Jun maps like the plague (and become slightly sad when I enter a random one in maps).

Next league is supposed to be simple, but considering the content of the 'great caster rework' I don't have super high hopes for the melee rework.

I gave up on synthesis after 1 character, same as betrayal. I think at some point I need to learn to go faster during acts, because they are starting to grate.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I uninstalled game that one time when game placed Betrayal fortress in such away on the corridor dungeon map level that it blocked progress through map. I am looking up for melee updates but I do not expect anything magical due to overall nature of the game, not just skills.

Mathils was pretty funny in his last video about melee.

"Running up and punching something in the dick is just way too close and way too personal."

Another funny comment was something like "new melee skill: channel to summon an anvil that summons swods and axes shooting at enemies after enemies chain explode killing other enemies" - it's just so PoE I almost had a small tear run down my cheek.

Gerrard

Arcane
I can just imagine Chris pissed at how the current league went going "Just give them the fucking channeled Cyclone".

T. Reich

Arcane
A month? It became a problem immediately after map stash tabs got introduced. Which was in december 2017.

So it took them almost 1,5 years to provide a solution to a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Sykar

Arcane

Divine Ire with Stormfire ring is pretty insane.

A month? It became a problem immediately after map stash tabs got introduced. Which was in december 2017.

So it took them almost 1,5 years to provide a solution to a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

I thought that it was utterly IRRITATING to burn through maps just before a new big update, because if you did not the new maps would just clutter your inventory.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Can someone explain to me how 'seasons' in these newfangled timegrinders work?
Is this like new content that disappears forever after a timelimit?
What does 'season' imply?

Sykar

Arcane

Season means that you play with a newly implemented game mechanic, while normals play with the old stuff. Some of the new stuff gets implemented into the game after the season ended but not all of them, though you can purchase map modifiers to play with some of the old ones which were not integrated into the base game after season finish.

T. Reich

Arcane

You mean "leagues".

Basically, PoE has two game modes:
1) Standard - that's the core game.
2) Leagues - timed "ladder"-like events. They usually last for 3 months. They include all the features of the core game, plus some new, league-specific content. Also, they feature a set of optional challenges to be completed for bragging rights and minor free mtx rewards.
At the end of each league, everyone's progress (characters, items, game progress) is transferred to Standard (on top of what you might've had in Standard already).
The league-specific features may or may not be integrated into the core game later. This makes leagues a preferred place to play for the majority of the playerbase due to that extra (and potentially exclusive) content that leagues have.

While the league is on its last legs I figured I should try a build that requires at least some sort of investment, so I went and made an ice golemancer.

And I gotta tell ya at a low price of 150-200c (at current softcore synth prices) you get an ultimate lazy build, you don't have to do shit, but run in general direction of the monster packs (flask macro and phase run don't count since they are not mandatory). Clears everything up to t16 as soon as you hit 10 jewel slots (which is possible around level 70 I think, give or take). ST is very decent as well with CoH Vulnerability, EE (that you proc with CoH'd storm brand) and 20% shock. Quite squishy tho even with MoM and improved golem buffs (since 4 of your item slots are taken by statless uniques), susceptible to random ass off screen bullshit, but most of the time everything dies before firing off a shot. Tried Fire golems as well, but I prefer spindly boys as they don't give a shit about line of sight and instead of lagging behind they clear everything in front of you.

Fun to level as well, since you run some sort of hybrid of self-casting and shit ton of minions (minion damage increases applying to you), overall a very nice build, recommend it if you are into this sort of stuff.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I did golemancer few leagues ago. Also Elementalist but I used Fire Golems (they are better for clear I think as their main attack has crazy range). I also took MoM but then went for Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics to make sure I don't die randomly like you do.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I did golemancer few leagues ago. Also Elementalist but I used Fire Golems (they are better for clear I think as their main attack has crazy range). I also took MoM but then went for Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics to make sure I don't die randomly like you do.
Pretty sure (phase)Acrobatics is the definition of dying randomly :M

The big plus of icy boys is that you don't care about the layout and them lagging behind you (they got crazy ms with primordial chain). All you gotta do is run forward, only stopping to get loot every now and then. It's a lot like winter orb builds in terms of involvement in the action.

Did pretty much everything that's available aside from cortex (finally checked out some old rare bosses from previous leagues too) with that char in about 2 days, first time I'm feeling like I actually hit all of the goals and done with the league for good. Guess that's the difference between an alright and actually strong build. Didn't bother with the challenges this time tho, too boring and grindy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Compared to having 0% dodge and dying certainly?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Compared to having high ehp, armour and being guaranteed to survive ;)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Good luck with that on golemancer elementalist. And armor is crap.
I rather have 75% dodge and spell dodge in tough battles and 40/30 in others.

ArchAngel

Arcane
anyone has deeper Delve experience?
currently at 520 ish depth and i wonder if at some point rewards/nodes stop getting better thus making it smarter to move sideways than straight down
Deeper delving increases chances of boss fights but if you are not into that you should have probably got to max ilvl and went sideways instead.

Sykar

Arcane

I can reach over 40% physical damage reduction while having 0 armor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom