Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
so... what are chances that all those assassin poison changes will benefit trickster more?
They seem to be connected with critical hits and trickster is worse at that. Trickster will still be a much better defensive ascendancy.

T. Reich

Arcane
i wonder when traps and mines will be merged

Traps... mines...
Tra...nes?
TRANNIES!

Sabouteur will be renamed as the TRANNY MASTER.
His ascendsncy passive tree will look like a small dick. The shaft will be a sequence of 3 notables, which are required to make TRANNIES viable. The bottom of the shaft will have 2 appendages - one giving more offense, another giving more defense.

GENIUS! Or what?

T. Reich

Arcane
The league sounds dum, tbh.
Too much stuff to do to defend the objective.
Melee builds are punished again, because every second you move or get in melee range to actually deal damage means one less second to plant defensive towers.
Not to mention that aoe of most melee skills is likely not sufficient to cover all the tendrils, so mobs will slip by and steal your loot.
Not to mention that the tendril mobs would only attack you when you block their path - and only melee chars will block their path, so HA!
Technically, you might go with insane dps aoe melee skill and just camp the blight centre, letting the mobs enter the aoe and die, but that strat will probbly start failing in higher tier maps because MUH MONSTER IMMUNITIES AND DAMAGE REDUCTION * MUH HIGH TIER * MUH MAP MODS.
Even so, maybe it's viable this way?

Eh, I'll be playing a summoner this league. Been a while anyway. Maximum SKELETON WARRIORS + maximum zombies + SRS IN MUH STAFF BECAUSE I'M CRAZY YO.

P.S.: sleeper strat - elementalist ice nova with a bit of lightning damage an inpulsa: You stand in the middle of the encounter, chill and freeze every fucker that comes close (your aoe covers entire screen btw), they also get shocked for at least +25% extra dmg taken, and then they splode on death.
P.P.S.: Eh, why bother? Just use storm call or arc with call of the brotherhood to achieve the same effect with better scaling kappa.

Perkel

Arcane
or rename traps into grenades + trigger instantly... to be moroe in line how people play them

then rename mines into traps
:happytrollboy:

That is actually good idea. Mines in current meta are simply wrong to use.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The difference between traps and mines seems... very low.

I wonder if I can make vortex mining work this league.

Perkel

Arcane
do they still do q&a with people asking questions like: yo, wtf is the difference between trap and mine?
or is it just yes men crowd out there

whole community now is filled with traders or Chinese farmers that only care about their virtual stock or speed meta and doing anything to hurt those is imminently followed with shitload of people that go at you for even proposing slowing down game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
cx0trtmx6oj31.jpg
Bone Armor is here. Another feature from good ol' D2
it's just for minions tho
Bone Sculptor removed? :decline:

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Bone Armor is here.
Another feature from old classic D2 in new game
it's just for minions tho
Bone armor supposedly applies to yourself AND your minions.

I am not sure how you build minions. Seems most of it would come down to how you socket your gems, rather than combining various uniques/keystones and mechanics to get high damage. But I might just be missing the point.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nice change to Necro. This just might enable my cool build from before ignite nerfs where I made a necro that used zombies to tank and detonate dead ignite to clear stuff.

I just might try that again and if it sucks I will just switch back to pure summons.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Both raider and saboteur reworks are very meh. Unless the numbers on mine auras are high the new sabo node for mine is going to be very boring. Another node requires enemies have elemental ailments to get real benefits (preferably all 3). Maybe trivial if the skitterbots are strong? Sabo didn't need a rework tho, and this one looks suspiciously like a nerf, so probably I am missing something, because GGG usually rework stuff to be op.

Raider just got a few numerical buffs here and there, and -15 ele res to nearby enemies. Very dull.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I read that sabo aura mines can make enemies get up to 60% damage taken.
Yeah, but only for a specific mine skill, and you need like 20 of them placed (base duration 5 sec, can be destroyed by enemies). Until we get numbers it will be hard to say if it's viable or or like one of those builds that do 10 million poison deeps (after spending 40s nonstop setting it up).

T. Reich

Arcane
As far as I'm concerned, saboteur rework is a crapshoot at best and a nerf at worst.
There's still no reason whatsoever to take Explosives expert over either Born in the Shadows or Pyromaniac.
The trap notables, being the weakest in the ascendancy after the last trap rework, are left unchanged. I understand that GGG try to push the "MUH MINE REWORK" spotlight, but this just looks sloppy as fuck.
The only reason I can see for the life regen nerf on Pyromaniac is the announced new unique gloves that grant you the leech. Uninspired and uncalled for.
The mine notables rework is, uh, pretty meh, and is completely linked with the mine rework itself. The mine rework is questionable at best, but this has also been dicussed already.

I guess it's "wait and see" situation, but right now I don't like what's being done to mines and saboteur at all.

Raider got buffed, super bland. And zerker is still much faster AND waaay more damage, so why bother?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Zerker is not faster if you are using slower skills because it takes too long to gather enough rage. Or skills like SST that cannot be supported by rage support.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Raider got buffed, super bland. And zerker is still much faster AND waaay more damage, so why bother?
In theory raider has better defence? If you go onslaught path you can hit 80%+ evade chance with almost no investment, and immunity to all ele ailments. Zerker gets basically no or negative defensive options.

But this is not really enough imo, especially since evade can't keep you from being oneshot.

With both raider and sabo rework being doa (I was really looking towards a sabo for the health regen to make lab trials easy), I am 100% playing some kind of minion build this league. The only question is pure minion(and if so, what minions) or dark pact.

T. Reich

Arcane
Look at the bigger picture.
It's true that as a zerker, you don't get any ascendancy-specific bonuses, and a defensive malus (10% dmg taken).
But what do you get a whole package?
A ranger start gives you easy access to dodge, a bunch of really inefficient life nodes, and more of evasion that you don't really need. You get none of actual damage reduction.
A marauder start gives you a shitton of life, a shitton of % armour that stacks REAL good with armour-based gear AND with Molten Shell, and easy access to extra endurance charges. If you go sword-and-board, you can get a good deal of ez block with marauder. ALSO, soul of steel.
Both characters can utilise fortify (but marauder has a relatively easier access to a nice fortify boosting node), easy blind via passives or abyssal jewels (but for evasion-based builds blind hits diminishing returns HARD, while for armour-based builds it's a straight 0->50% attack evasion boost), flesh and stone (gives ez blind, but more importantly - a dmg reduction for anything not close by: read as "OFFSCREEN DAMAGE REDUCTION").

If you add that all up, then sure, you can get 92%+ attack avoidance with eva-stacking Raider (with blind, dodge and a bit of block factored in), 40% spell damage avoidance, with fortify and maybe a few other small damage reduction bits. You get fuck all life, though.
As a zerker, you get a souped-up fortify, tons of armour AND molten shell, easy blind (so 50% base attack avoidance with near-zero investment), soul of steel, and also you can get extra endurance charges and shield block if you feel like it.
But in reality, it all pales in comparison to the damage disparity - zerker just deals SO much more damage. And the best defense is still a good offense. While raider keeps hacking at a boss hoping that RNG-based avoidance will save them, a zerker simply goes in, tanks a few hits because the build can afford it, and then kills the boss so much faster than zerker.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
It's true that as a zerker, you don't get any ascendancy-specific bonuses, and a defensive malus (10% dmg taken).
Tbh if I was playing zerk I'd just take all the other damage stuff and skip that node, and just not have malus but still have super high damage. As you say though, bigger difference is that the ranger side of the tree has really bad life nodes, while the marauder side has some incredibly good ones.

T. Reich

Arcane
While raider keeps hacking at a boss hoping that RNG-based avoidance will save them, a zerker simply goes in, tanks a few hits because the build can afford it, and then kills the boss so much faster than zerker.
dont listen to him, entropic eva is the way to go

Don't listen to this hack!
Deterministic damage reduction >>> enthropic evasion >>> rng-based dodge/block.

lukaszek and you call yourself " the determinator"... Such shame!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom