Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
Considering the "melee rework" I don't know how anyone can expect anything but disappointment. Half of the biggest PoE streamers are playing WoW, Even ShillyD is playing Borderlands.

If you like PoE, you MUST ONLY PLAY PoE, amirite?
If you like PoE, you would probably be playing the new PoE league and not fucking WoW.

abija

Prophet
- a lot of those PoE streamers played WoW before PoE
- it's a job at the end of the day, did you see the numbers WoW Classic had on twitch? And probably their loyal viewers enjoy a break from the daily zooming.

Sharpedge

Prophet
So I did one of them guides on official forums. A pretty simple Armageddon Brand build on an ultra tight budget, 10C took me to t16, now I wanna see how far I can push it while keeping the combined gear cost under 1EX.
My build was pretty cheap and efficient as well... Until they fixed volatile dead targeting. Then Poet's Pen went up to over 1ex from the 5c I payed for it at the start of the league and now I can't say its cheap anymore :/

So I did one of them guides on official forums. A pretty simple Armageddon Brand build on an ultra tight budget, 10C took me to t16, now I wanna see how far I can push it while keeping the combined gear cost under 1EX.
My build was pretty cheap and efficient as well... Until they fixed volatile dead targeting. Then Poet's Pen went up to over 1ex from the 5c I payed for it at the start of the league and now I can't say its cheap anymore :/

Well Pen was always gimmicky and fluctuated in price quite a bit, items required for that build are really straightforward and specialized, so if it doesn't fit current meta it's gonna be dirt cheap and not many people play elemental casters atm, especially of the ignite variety.

Balor

Arcane
Are there any resources that explain blight mechanics in detail, especially interaction between blight lanes and forced monster movement?
I thought I'll cheat the system a bit and 'vaccuum' the monsters in using Vaal Cyclone, which worked nicely for a while but I've got a sudden 'game over' after a couple of uses - admittedly, blight maps are a veritable clusterfuck and I had very little idea what was going on due to lags (minion built).
I suspect that once monsters get moved from their 'lane' they are free to 'zoom' to the pump... that sucks.

T. Reich

Arcane
I wouldn't recommend fucking with blight mechanics - we're playing open beta every league, so pushing your luck with mechanics is literally that.
Be thankful that VC didn't crash you outright.

Apart from that, people who would try to analyze league mechanics are the people who strive (and succeed) to "delete" poe content, not spend time doing stupid shit (unless it's Ghudda).
Therefore, the only analysis you're likely to find is "how to kill blight ez" and "how to maximise blight profits", and not much else.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I just need to do a t15 blighted map and then I'm finished with the challenge. Let's see if I can find one after 40 Uelder kills :negative:

Don't do SSF, kids. Stay in Trade!

ArchAngel

Arcane
This league I decided to do neither. Got my necro to lvl 88, got bored and performance is shit and quit the league. I might come back for next one if they have something more interesting prepared for us.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I run into very few performance issues on my summoner, even in Blighted Maps. But I also have a new Gaming™ PC.

abija

Prophet
I run into very few performance issues on my summoner, even in Blighted Maps. But I also have a new Gaming™ PC.
Mind linking a blighted map video with the graphs on and your specs?

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I did a t11 or 12 with summoner with horrible lag but it didn't crash so it's not impossible, I think the skelies even had feeding freezing which cut my fps by half before the patch.

T. Reich

Arcane
In blighted maps, my skelly + srs + zombie necro lags somewhat, but it's nothing unbearable, and I haven't crashed once. I also spam scout towers religiously, so it contributes to lag somewhat.
Otherwise, league's been a breeze. It's not like lag inhibits minions - they murderdeathkill everything just fine.

T. Reich

Arcane
hows the chaos to ex in standard these days?

https://poe.ninja/standard/currency

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2668934
Six years
now it's all going down

btw. took a quick look at my Standard characters
Map tabs are STILL there ffs despite the patch
The good thing is - you can sell 1 map and get 1 in latest version. That's something, I guess?

There's also a button on every map tab that lets you convert EVERY map in that tab into the latest version.

Also, map tabs being still bugged is FAKE NEWS, btw. The empty remove-only ones will be removed from the stash if there are no maps left in them.

razvedchiki

Erudite
holy mother of cthulu,180 chaos for 1 ex!when i played it was 20 c to 1 ex.
so chaos are next to useless?all that recipes where you gathered lvl 60 undentified stuff to grab 2 chaos......

Perkel

Arcane
holy mother of cthulu,180 chaos for 1 ex!when i played it was 20 c to 1 ex.
so chaos are next to useless?all that recipes where you gathered lvl 60 undentified stuff to grab 2 chaos......

More like meta changed a lot and zoom zoomers bring a lot of currency.
The real shocker is orb of alteration prices. They used to be almost worthless but now you earn more by selling rare items and getting those shards than from most of the things.

T. Reich

Arcane
Plenty of factors here:
1) Many more players now than 6 years ago, market gets saturated with cheap-ish items REAL fast, while demand for expensive (exalt-range) items always stays strong.
2) Bots. Bots bots bots bots bots botsbotsbotsbotsbotsbotsbotsbotsbots.
3) Way more loot drops than in the past. Much easier to do chaos recipe. There is no exalted recipe.
4) Chaos is almost not used for "crafting" (chaos spam) anymore. We have fossils, essences, meta-mods, alt-regal-multimod, etc etc. Exalteds are much more valuable in the endgame item crafting process than in the past.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
There is no exalted recipe.
Agreeing with all of what you said. But there is an exalted recipe. Selling full un-id set of shaped or elder bases gives you 4exalt shards, 2 for id ones. The problem with this recipe is that its only worth doing for people who aren't spamming t16s because shaped rings/elder amus/belts are worth more than 1/5th of an exalt by themselves if they're ilvl 84 and up.

T. Reich

Arcane
There is no exalted recipe.
Agreeing with all of what you said. But there is an exalted recipe. Selling full un-id set of shaped or elder bases gives you 4exalt shards, 2 for id ones. The problem with this recipe is that its only worth doing for people who aren't spamming t16s because shaped rings/elder amus/belts are worth more than 1/5th of an exalt by themselves if they're ilvl 84 and up.

Which means that there is no exalted recipe :p.
I know about the shard recipe, and it's really, really not worth doing.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well, shaped coral or iron rings, some of the amulets as well as all elder belts except for heavy ones arent selling all that well, even at high ilvls. But I've only gotten like 4 full sets so far that were worth doing the recipe with, so its definitely not a common thing. You could probably make profit buying low ilvl shaped/elder jewelry though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom