Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I can sorta buy this, but seems like it is also basically just spending hours in front of a slot machine.
dont think in terms of crafting perfect thing. Essences and masters give you plenty of tools to craft reasonable stuff as you go. Somewhere on these pages you can find 5L EVA\ES shaped armor I crafted in ssf at one point. This would give you reference how low effort mapping crafting results are
ahh found it, my low effort ssf crafting:
y4m8n53WNQelkrSy_bngZsIbOxKTPC3e6WfpaqnvbFL1QX1j3hCq2vXzv86c1w0yrONmD9lZEiIA3NeRKzFierukOcqCHRuNrwJGUkJfzjtlF_cHYy53XXar1yGfYdCcJjKsOWEPxZqX4b8w5aLtqOsFRNpPLXJ0dO2tdWwFHtNFLYLH-nFCnEv5pgWw-jIjnHTs_Z4tGCFpTqXKgdgGamOYA
Maybe I'm delusional, but this looks like a... 5-10c item in trade league?

40Q is super easy. You take your desired base, 20q it. Then you 28-30q it with perfect fossils or via hillock's T3 syndicate bench. Then you craft one of the hybrid "+stat/+quality" veiled mods on the bench. There you go.
Explains why I never see it, I always skip delve (and I'm too scared of the darkness to properly hunt for fossils), and mostly skip syndicate.

Perkel

Arcane
y4m8n53WNQelkrSy_bngZsIbOxKTPC3e6WfpaqnvbFL1QX1j3hCq2vXzv86c1w0yrONmD9lZEiIA3NeRKzFierukOcqCHRuNrwJGUkJfzjtlF_cHYy53XXar1yGfYdCcJjKsOWEPxZqX4b8w5aLtqOsFRNpPLXJ0dO2tdWwFHtNFLYLH-nFCnEv5pgWw-jIjnHTs_Z4tGCFpTqXKgdgGamOYA

been playing blight SSF around 120 hours lately, never seen anything close to that head piece.
trading is garbage because it invalidates most of things you find or craft.

Yeah, going HC SSF without a build sounds like a 100% Perkel idea.

Not my idea. It is the right idea. The pleasure is to play it makes no difference what you say.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
If you get an incredible drop you might build 2nd or 3rd char with it in mind. First chars will all be pre planned builds that do not require any drops and can easily ~t10 just after beating kitava.

Absinthe

Arcane
Necro is still a HC SSF classic. Not a lot of items go into that. All you need is something with +minion gems and you can recipe craft that easy. And those dudes will go ahead and facetank things for you anyway. Chaos spell builds also work pretty well because they don't need to worry about reflect or ES and they usually give you ES leech too.

Just because you're doing what "you must", doesn't mean everybody else is privy to that knowledge or feels motivated to help you. It's your business, get fucked.
In fact, if you were dead, the old gods would still be sleeping. You spend most of the game fixing the mess you caused by blindly bumping into things (and then killing them).
Not really, no. There is no real reason why the player character is doing these things or why you have to be the one to do them. A lot of this shit could just as easily have been handed off to any of the Forsaken Masters. But the truth is that the FMs do not meaningfully inhabit the same world as the town NPCs. They're just disposable quest-givers and crafters for the most part.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I've played a lot of SSF, but haven't played PoE the past few leagues. Still with SSF it feels great to achieve things on your own and by your own means. And it's quite feasible. Got to kill the guardians, but I felt I didn't yet have the gear for Shaper on my last build. Takes more time to get there.

Like others have said, the main problem is finding uniques required for your build. So you're kind of stuck playing a build that doesn't have essential uniques, at least to start. That can be a great way to play, but it's different: you build around what you find rather than buy stuff that fits what you want to build. So if you've got a specific build in mind you want to play, SSF will make it harder or impossible. A low-life build is a pipe dream.

It became an issue for me because leagues are rather short if you're trying to build a unique bank to equip another build. Usually I'd have something interesting I wanted when the league was almost over. And I feel like I'm missing out not playing in leagues. But playing SSF in standard can be great fun if you don't care about league mechanics before they're folded into core, since you can build that item bank over time and earn those unique-dependent builds. Honestly what I'd really want is SSF leagues with loot carrying over from league to league; but there's no way we're getting that.

T. Reich

Arcane
I can sorta buy this, but seems like it is also basically just spending hours in front of a slot machine.
dont think in terms of crafting perfect thing. Essences and masters give you plenty of tools to craft reasonable stuff as you go. Somewhere on these pages you can find 5L EVA\ES shaped armor I crafted in ssf at one point. This would give you reference how low effort mapping crafting results are

Wow, if you're measuring an item's worth purely in potential monetary gain, have I got the bad news for you...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
that's nothing
fhb3kisr2y241.png

this is either some Veil of the Night tier shit or some food for loons doing crazy build whose DPS is measured in servers per second
:prosper:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Wow, if you're measuring an item's worth purely in potential monetary gain, have I got the bad news for you...
ill take it as complement. You are looking at dot trickster armor that allowed me to keep my es full all the time.

You will have to change your mindset or drop ssf. You will beg for 1c weapons or 1c resistance jewelry
Nope, I'm just delusional. It has more defenses than the armor I used in trade league (no life or resists tho).

Or for people who hate using flasks. Like me.
Losing 3 flasks and all the mods you can fit on a belt (80 life, 60 res as a conservative estimate) for 5 passives anywhere on the skill tree seems like a decent but not amazing trade. Especially when you consider that oil might be getting quite rare.

In related news, I think my league started will be HC SSF scion elequisitor wander using kinetic blast for clear and barrage supported power siphon for single target. Depending on gem stats ofc.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yea that belt does not look awesome for everyone. I am sure there will be some builds that it will be bis for.

Absinthe

Arcane
Mistwall is an obvious Acrobatics shield. If you get it on Gladiator Duelist you'll also max out spellblock at the same time.

Isn't wander a gear reliant built?
Wands are really easy to build and as long as you roll decent damage mods on steel rings later on you're pretty much in a good spot. Just equip iron rings early on and consider using flat damage supports, heralds, and auras if need be. You can also just do Ele Hit EE Wander if you want, which is pretty much the opposite of a gear-reliant build. All it needs is projectiles, projectile damage, and piercing.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Isn't wander a gear reliant built?
Perhaps.
Here's my tinkering so far: https://pastebin.com/yUTK4cCs (I'm using the PoB fork, so not a 100% sure this will load in the main branch)
Only 4 slots on power siphon, 5th is planned to go for barrage support, which should work out to about 100% more (assuming no projectiles miss from spread). 160k single target deeps isn't a lot, but I'm p sure I can get more by actually filling in gear properly.

Not entirely confident in this build mind you. But it should be fun.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
new map mods
I'm gonna missing rare maps from same tier reroll option...
fxqueldf4h341.jpg

6c for nerfed mod?
That's a ripoff.
Business as usual for GGG.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I think 2c for essence will be nice for my ssf career start.

I have always been quite bad at the map device crafting though.

Absinthe

Arcane
i recall doing ssf ele hit wanderer, EE + elemental overload. I recall hitting a wall before 1st kitava. It was a while back and surprised me.
Which ascendancy and supports did you use? Berserker, Assassin, Deadeye, Raider, Champion, and Necromancer (with the Spiritual Ally notable) are better for this sort of thing. And honestly crit is not a bad idea with EHit. CI also helps with the Attack Damage on Full Life support. Inspiration support and Point Blank should not be underestimated either. And if you're going for a wand build, I'd honestly recommend crit over Elemental Overload.

Gerrard

Arcane
  • Four new types of item influence are available, similar to the existing Shaper and Elder items. Each of these has its own unique mod pool, though many of the mods are shared with the Shaper and Elder mod pools. Mods known so far are posted below. Shaper and Elder items will still exist, though they will be less accessible.

• Four new types of exalted orb can drop from the new Conqueror bosses. These add modifiers from the influenced mod pool to items, though they do not cause the item to gain that influence.

• The new bosses can also drop Plus versions of existing support gems, which are upgraded versions with stronger effects (but much more difficulty levelling requirements). See below for a list of the Plus support gems revealed so far.

• Through currently unspecified means, you will be able to make items with two influence types, allowing you to roll mods from two different special mod pools at once.
Nice, more 1% shit.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Nice, more 1% shit.
Eh, depends on how rare the orbs and bossfights are. Could be its easier to gain good influenced rares than before.

That being said, GGG has an expressed policy of making sure every expansion has better (maxed out) gear than everything previously, so you do have a point.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Developers manifesto is up
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2686983

Arc buff?
Like what, beside range, is needed?

Certain skills have received significant damage increases if they were not seeing much use, especially if they were greatly affected by the following changes.
wonder if that's also for skills out of Ranged category

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom